You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Black Long Hair

Real Ghost Stories

Black Long Hair

 

What's a horror flick without long black hair and a scary girl in a white dress. Cliche? Well, I wish my experience was a bad dream or a fake scene for a movie.

My story starts off when I was at my mom's house. We were chatting about dreams and how weird it is when you know you're dreaming and you could control everything. My mom is a joker and she's very sarcastic when she talks.

We were laughing and joking, then the conversation became really strange. My mom began with her story, "When your grandma was alive, she told me a story about a night when she was left alone sewing in our old apartment. Suddenly, she felt like someone was watching her and looked up and saw black, thick, long hair hovering above her!" My mom laughed and called her crazy! She said it must've been a bad dream. My body froze, my skin crawled, my jaw dropped! I was in complete terror. I began to tell my mom my story.

"I remember it like it was yesterday and it will stay with me forever. It was a cold winter in 1996, while we were living in apartments in central Cali. You and dad were nowhere to be found and I was home alone with grandma.

Our apartment had a big living room and straight across from the living room were two rooms side by side. Both doors that night were open but they were pitch black. You couldn't see a window or a speck of light from both rooms, which I found quite odd. I ignored it, quickly turned my attention to grandma as she was sewing and asked her where my parents went. She said, "Your parents argue all the time, lord knows where they went."

At that moment I turned to look at the hallway and I saw extremely long, thick, black, shiny hair sliding into my parents' room and disappearing into the darkness. It was a scene out of a horror movie! No, this was not a dream!"

My mom laughed at me and told me I was imagining things. It's so strange that my grandma and I had the same experiences. This is the first time I have ever heard that story about my grandma's experience. I would like to know more, but she passed not too long after 96. I guess this will remain a mystery.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Pcv007, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-10-15)
sds, I am right with you my friend. The belief in the paranormal is not restricted to a culture, a time period, a location or any other boundary. As near as learned archeologists and historians can figure out there has always been a shared belief of the supernatural and afterlife amongst the world's peoples. Ergo, even the most logical of persons must admit that there must be some kernel of truth in the phenomenon.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-15)
Hello Val, I stand corrected, it should have been not only NOT imaginary. I meant that since a very long time, in whatever cultural background we are from, paranormal activities did take place and people have experienced it.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
kunwarkh (2 stories) (55 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-13)
Thanks Valkricry,

Mom just told me about a very scary incident that happened with my uncle 10 years back, and I can't wait to post it!
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-10-13)
kunwarkh,
An experience of a close relative you can submit for publication. Those of friends can be placed in comments - provided that they actually aid in the discussion. At least that's my understanding.
kunwarkh (2 stories) (55 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-13)
Oi, someone let me know, that if I have a story about experience of a relative, like an uncle, do I submit it or post it in comments of my story?
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-10-12)
sds, we must have patience... Only 3 days between the first comment and now. Could be Pcv is a student, or working some wacked hours or, horrors of horrors - having computer problems 😐.
Lady-glow's idea of a horse's tail actually makes sense to me. But without input from the OP, there's no telling.
I did notice an error in your comment, "This gives credence that black magic and paranormal are not only imaginary but existed since time immemorial." I think you meant '...are not only NOT imaginary...'?
shhh_im_sleeping (14 stories) (62 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-12)
First I would like to say that you're Mom sounds cool 😊. Second I believe 100% in your story. I think what you and your grandmother witnessed in that apartment was an apparition. The "long black shiny hair" as it appeared to you was a more logical explanation in describing this apparitions appearance. I have seen something similar in my home. It's like a large, dark mass with very little detail. This entity is attached to my home for some odd reason and I feel the same about the entity in that apartment. It's nothing to fear. If they wanted to hurt you or your grandmother, it would have done so.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-12)
Dear Val, yes, there are many things in common between Indian black magic and voodoo. So is the case with other forms of black magic in other cultures. There is similarity and there are differences too. But similarities are more. This gives credence that black magic and paranormal are not only imaginary but existed since time immemorial.

But only person who didn't participate in the debate is OP of this story ain't it?

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-10-11)
sds, when I made my last comment it was around 4:30/5 in the morning. It's now 4:30 (almost) in the evening. It amazes me the parallels I see between your culture's black magic and voodoo. Very interesting.
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-11)
So strange she saw the same thing! Maybe it was an old friend of hers who passed away when she was younger? Someone who missed her? Or maybe an even older relative watching over her and her offspring? If I had children and grandchildren, I sure would wonder how my great grandkids and such would turn out. I dunno, just ideas.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-11)
Hello Val, it is not a head of hair. But curly bunches of hair would be found in places. To do black magic on a person, especially a woman, they use her hair, finger nails etc. That was the reason, in olden days and even now, in villages in our country, elderly persons instruct the young girls not to comb hair in the evenings and if there was any hair-fall while combing, they meticulously take it and throw it into the dustbin. So as the case with fingernails.

But this story makes me confused and two persons having seen long, thick hair. Strange.

Hope I clarified Val. What time is it now in your place? I hope it is quite early in the morning.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-10-11)
sds, question: is it a single strand of hair or a head of hair used? In voodoo often a lock of hair is used. Just curious.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-11)
Hi everybody, in our culture thick black hair is used in black magic and its appearance in the house, I mean the physical appearance and it will not vanish in thin air, frequently are signs of black magic being done to the house. Then there will be all disturbances, things disappearing, feeling of a presence and some evil things happening etc.

But here, the OP and her grandma saw thick, black hair. I don't know how to react. OP said that the black hair vanished into her parents' room. Quite confusing. Well, without more information, I am on the fence on this. Let the OP react to the comments. Only then we will be able to arrive at a conclusion.

Regards and respects to everyone.

SDS
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-10-10)
Pcv007: It is hard to ask this without make it look like a joke but, -do you know if the apartments were, at some point, part of a stable? Perhaps what your Grandmother and you saw was a horse's tail... Minus the horse's big arse. πŸ˜•
Set (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-10)
Could you please explain in more detail how the hair moved. Was the hair mostly still and just levitating along, like moving smoothly. Or was it like a living set of hair actually crawling along the ground like an octopus?
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-10-10)
Pcv - sorry I typoed your nic in my first comment. 😳 (Since it was like 5 am, can you forgive me?)
I did have a thought though, all goofing aside: It is widely accepted that not all apparitions have the energy for a full body manifestation, so you might get just a hand, or feet, or face, etc. It is also believed that often they appear on what use to be. For example, a ghost appears to be walking on their knees. However, we learn that the floor has been raised 3 feet, so they are walking on the floor as they knew it giving the illusion their legs end at the knees. Quite often there are reports of the sound of someone walking on stairs where there aren't any - only to find through research there use to be stairs there. So what I'm thinking is perhaps the old apartment had different levels at one time, so all you are seeing is the hair. Can you tell me if this hair appeared horizontally or vertical? It might be a clue.
Narella (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-10)
Mele6353: I don't think anyone is being rude. It is a very unusual story.
mele6353 (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-10)
I thought that comments on this site were supposed to help people... Not make them feel stupid!
Amaanhaider (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-10)
Dude have you ever witnessed anything after that in that same house until now? If no it was your imagination.
Horselover12345 (1 stories) (1 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-10-10)
Pcv007- I believe what you saw was a partial apparition. Believe it or not my son of 22 years old actually saw the same exact thing a couple of years ago in the basement of our house. He could only explain it as what looked like a brown colored wig that floated up into the ceiling. It terrified him to the point of him running and tripping up the stairs. Because our house has a long history of paranormal activity, I did some research on what he saw and that's the best answer I could come up with.
Narella (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-10)
Hair haunting. This is the oddest story I've ever read on this site. πŸ€”
LilyOfWartune (19 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-10-10)
I never experienced seeing one, but I am familiar with the description you told me Pcv...
Yes,it sounds cliche but they do exist... And you and your grandma just meet one
(I am referring to white dressed woman and black hair, if you just tell me it's simply a floating hair...)
Well...that one is out of my knowledge πŸ˜†

But what you see is probably the woman with the long hair that sliding and touching the ground... Probably though...I'm still confused, lol
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+3
11 years ago (2013-10-10)
Granny, I too took it to mean hair as in 'head of hair' or perhaps more aptly, Cousin It from the Adam's family? ONE big hair might be mistaken for a snake - a really skinny one. Either way it makes for an odd encounter.
Although what does perplex me, Pvc, is, why you didn't ask Gran about it that night, when she was home with you? "Did you see that?" would have been very normal. The fact that you apparently neglected to mention it to your parents seems odd too. Not even a 'I saw something go into your room"?
poultrgyst (9 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-10)
Yeah, sounds like it came out of the Grudge. 😜 Actually, are you sure it was hair? Could it have been part of the train of a long black dress?
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-10-10)
I'll take 'hair with a mind of its own' for 5050505050505050
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-10-10)
Was it a wig-host or perhaps a wig-tch?
This story is a wig-stery that we should solve. πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
kunwarkh (2 stories) (55 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-10-10)
Maybe it was a possessed wig?

Does anyone in your home use wigs?

One hairy post, this. 😜 πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+6
11 years ago (2013-10-09)
elfstone & zzsgranny: I, too, am confused about what holds this long, thick, black, shiny hair! Specially since reading the first paragraph I was expecting the poster to describe a girl attached to this mane, either Rapunzel or the girl from "The Grudge"

I'm laughing my head (hair?) off! πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
elfstone810 (227 posts)
+6
11 years ago (2013-10-09)
Granny, I took it to mean hair as in "a head of hair". Don't know if that's right or not. And I was confused, too, as to whether there was an actual apparition or just a head of disembodied hair. πŸ˜•

My mom often claimed her hair had a mind of its own, but I'm pretty sure it never went anywhere without her. πŸ˜†
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+6
11 years ago (2013-10-09)
Pcv007: Okay, I'm confused. Was what you saw an apparition with long black hair, or a single hair: "extremely long, thick, black, shiny hair"? Just ONE hair? πŸ˜•

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: