You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: We Call Him The Man

Real Ghost Stories

We Call Him The Man

 

This is my first time posting my story. I've had quite a few experiences growing up and the one I'm going to share here is the one that scared me the most. We call him "The Man", because when he's been seen he's a very tall, blacker than black, solid "shadow" man. My family and I believe he's the one behind all of our experiences in my parent's house.

This experience happened in the summer of 2000, when I was 16 years old. It was sometime around 10pm and I was home alone. My dad is a truck driver, so he is often gone, but my mom had gone to Six Flags to pick up my brothers. Going to Six Flags almost every day during the summer was our favorite thing to do. I didn't get to go because I had my first job, and I had to work.

I want to give an idea of what the layout of the house is like, so you can visualize as I'm telling what happened to me that night. My parents' house is a 3-story house with a basement, main level, and an upstairs. When you walk into the front door, the first thing you see are the stairs. There are two sets of stairs; one goes up, and the other goes down to the basement. If you look to your right is the living room and this makes up the entire main level. When you go upstairs, immediately to your left is the hallway with the bathroom, bedrooms, and laundry room; straight ahead is the dining room that has a rail overlooking the living room, and to the right of the dining room is the kitchen. The kitchen is separated from the dining room by a wall and a wide door frame (no door). There is a sliding glass door in the kitchen that leads to the back porch and the back yard.

Back to the story. My mom asked me if I would straighten up the kitchen while she was gone, and so I did. Dishes, sweeping and mopping... All of it. When I was finished I went downstairs, turned on the TV, sat on the couch and called a friend of mine. I only had one lamp on since it was just me and I didn't need all the lights on. Since I was on the phone I had the volume turned off on the TV. I heard the sliding glass door open and shut. I really didn't think too much about that because my dad would often come in that way once he got home. But when I didn't see my dad come out of the kitchen, I decided I was probably just hearing things. The next thing I know, I heard the cabinets being slammed shut and what sounded like all of the plates being thrown with force onto the floor and shattering! I was thoroughly freaking out now. After all the noise subsided, I heard the sliding glass door open and close again! All of this happened in just a few minutes time.

I told my friend to hang on a sec, that I needed to see what just happened. I was really scared that someone was in the house and I was all alone. So I turned on the other lamp that was in the living room, then I went to the door and turned the living room light on, and the entry-way light. I went upstairs and turned on the hall light and the dining room light. Even though I was in the dining room, I couldn't see into the kitchen because it was too dark. I walked slowly to the wall that separates the two rooms and reached my hand around and turned on the lights in there. To my utter amazement, the kitchen was spotless! Just the way I left it. I walked over to the sliding door and checked, and sure enough, it was locked. You can't unlock that type of door from the outside. I was seriously scared. I left all of the lights on and ran all the way downstairs and out the front door, where I waited for my mom to get home. I did not go back in there alone that night.

This particular encounter happened 13 years ago. My mom told me a few months ago about something really freaky that had just happened to her and my 8yr old niece while they were alone. She told me EXACTLY what I experienced, right to the last detail.

I have had several more encounters in that house and a couple other houses I lived in while growing up. I'll relate those another day.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lillyn19, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lillyn19 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-17)
Thank you, and my mom and I have always had a great relationship and I can tell her anything. My mom has many stories herself, of things that have happened to her through out her life. In fact, she doesn't think the house is haunted exactly, but more that something follows her wherever she goes. I have had experiences in all of the houses I've lived in growing up, but once I moved out, I haven't really had any experiences.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-10-17)
lillyn - thanks for responding. It's good that you and your mom can talk about these things and compare notes.
lillyn19 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-17)
Miracles,
The incidents weren't 13 years apart exactly. I have had several incidents through out my life, and my family has as well. We don't talk about it all the time, and I guess the reason my mom brought it up was because it had just happened to her.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-10-17)
lillyn - thank you for sharing this with us. I find things like this interesting because it appears that it took 13 years for this to happen again, which makes me wonder why. I mean seriously, why 13 years between the incidents? Or could it be that it happened and no one was there and witnessed it? I believe your story, I just find things like this interesting 😆

I had an experience similar to yours when I lived with my uncle and aunt. It seriously freaked me out. If you're interested, you can find it under my profile name. It's called "Was it a Ghost?"

I'll be interested to read your about your other experiences when you're ready to share them with us.
lostghostgal (69 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-17)
I would have freak out if that happen to me and to see what or who there.
STARRCHiCC14 (31 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-10-16)
lillyn19,
Im looking forward to read your next stories. Keep it coming!
Oh! By the way, thank you for sharing.
lillyn19 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-16)
Yea, I was VERY scared that night. Out of all of the experiences I've had, I think that one scared me the most because I was alone in the house. I've got other stories I'll post soon.
STARRCHiCC14 (31 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-16)
lillyn19,
Omg! That was creepy! Just like what Grandmas_Boy said, i'd probably freak out too if that was happened to me.
Grandmas_Boy (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-15)
That would be pretty scary, I'd probably freak out if it was me. 😜

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: