You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Watching Over Me

Real Ghost Stories

Watching Over Me

 

My name is Abbie, I am 14 years old and I can see my great nan. She died in my room, which is what my parents told me.

The first time I saw her I was laying in my bed in the dark. She was standing right next to my bed, watching over me. I had never seen her before so it startled me. I was really scared so I just rolled over, closed my eyes and tried to sleep. I was petrified.

Around 3 weeks before this happened I believe I walked straight through a spirit just outside my house. I don't know if it was my nan, or another spirit who I may or may not have been related to. I was walking at a quick speed. As I took another step everything went misty, white and cold. I took another step and I could see perfect again. At the time I wasn't sure what happened, but soon after I realized. I had walked through a spirit.

Ever since I first saw my nan I see her a lot more often now. Usually I see her at least once a week but I am no longer scared as I told my family, that is when they told me that she died in my room. I know she won't hurt me. It's as if she is there to watch over me and protect me.

At first my parents were not sure whether to believe me, but a few weeks ago I told them that every time I see her she is wearing a white dress. In the only picture we have of her she is wearing a white summer dress. When my family and my sister friend saw the picture they were startled, but they have come to terms with it becoming a weekly thing. My dad questioned why his nan (my great nan) doesn't protect and visit him, I simply replied "She probably does, you just can't see her."

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AbbieB10, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AbbieB10 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-24)
When I told my mum about seeing my nan my sisters friend was round, I told them that my nan is always wearing a white dress but they all still didn't believe me. That's when my sister got the picture out and my nan was wearing white in the only picture we have of her so they finally believed me and my sisters friend was a little bit freaked out because she has never experienced any paranormal activities in her life before.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2013-10-23)
AbbieB10 - I think it's great that you can see your great nan, but I have a question about your story. You mentioned your "sister friend" and I'm just a little confused about that.

I do like the way you explained it to your dad though 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: