You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Who Was It? Grandpa...?

Real Ghost Stories

Who Was It? Grandpa...?

 

I hope many of you must have read my previous post "Was She Her Sister?" which was about one of my friends. This is my own experience.

This incident took place in about mid-November 2006 when I was in my 5th class. My maternal grandfather had expired due to lung cancer and we had gone to visit the mourning family. Me and my mom decided to stay there until the 13 days of the rituals were over. It was the night before immersion of his ashes.

At around 12:00am in the midnight, someone rang the doorbell. I thought that I overheard something and was just a hallucination and tried to sleep but then again I heard the ringing of the doorbell. To my surprise, no one woke up to open the door! I called my mom and told her that someone is ringing the bell as I knew that she was still awake with just her eyes closed; but she said that she didn't hear anything and that I was just imagining weird things.

The next morning again I asked her about the same and she said that she really didn't hear any ringing of the bell so I asked my granny and the reply was same.

So, until today I am not sure who was it as I was the only person wide awake that night, hearing the doorbell but didn't had much courage to go and open the door. So I believe that it must be my grandpa who visited us to say the last goodbye.

Thank you for reading my story and I would be highly obliged if I receive some comments on this. Sorry for mistakes in my language, if any. I'll soon have another story of me with my grandpa.

Thank you all once again.

Other hauntings by LoveParanormal

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LoveParanormal, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

LoveParanormal (7 stories) (10 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-28)
[at] BlueTurtle thanks for your comment 😊
Yes my grandpa lived in that house and I am sure it was not any hallucination. I was wide awake.
I am really confused about what it was. Even I agree to what you said in your comment.
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-25)
I'm always one to caution on the side of skepticism. The only explanations I can think of, however, are that you suffered a brief moment of auditory or hypnogogic hallucination. The repeat of the doorbell seems interesting, however, and the fact that a doorbell is a very distinctive sound is equally perplexing. Normal hypnogogic hallucinations occur between awake and asleep and may involve sounds of feet shuffling, other obscure sounds, or even ghostly echoes like names being called which originate when the person 'rehears' something they heard earlier.
It could have been your grandfather, I'm not going to exclude that as a possibility, although it seems odd that he would choose to ring the doorbell instead of performing some other hint. Did he live in that house? Could have been his spirit was trying to go home. Again, this is all speculation, but thanks for sharing the story.
STARRCHiCC14 (31 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-10-23)
I am not questioning your story. But there's a lot of thoughts/explanations running to my mind. First, maybe there's someone outside who wants to entered your house that time, or maybe someone who passed by at the front of your house just rang it for fun or for whatever reason, or maybe you're just imagining things because you're the only one in the house who heard it and last, maybe it was really your Grandpa's way of saying his goodbye. Sorry for the long comment. Thank you for sharing!:)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: