You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Ouija Board Aftermath

Real Ghost Stories

Ouija Board Aftermath

 

I already feel sort of silly for saying all of this, but I would like to see if anybody has experienced similar things. To be honest, I am an Atheist, and for many years I was skeptical about ghosts (yet I still found the topic to be interesting as a kid).

Just a few short years ago my sisters and I decided we would use a Ouija Board just for fun. We didn't believe anything would happen anyways, and sure enough nothing seemed to happen during each use. But a few days later some weird stuff started happening in/near the rooms we used it in (we used it about 3 times...).

In one of our bedrooms, a sister of mine started seeing a dark figure near where she kept the board itself, and in another room we used it in we started seeing a white figure occasionally (and we still do to this day).

Nothing happened for a while, but the strange activity picked up again. Another sister of mine was staying in a bedroom the board was once used in, and I woke up to her shrieking one night. I ran into her room and she said she saw a dark figure standing near her (this happened to her many more times).

My mother, out of curiosity, decided to stay in that room for the rest of the night with her and even brought a Bible along. Sure enough, just a few minutes later, I woke up only to hear BOTH of them shrieking, claiming they saw multiple dark figures standing around them. After that I returned to my room, and every surrounding light began to flicker even though they were not connected... By now we were all experiencing things.

Once again, nothing happened for almost a year, yet the activity came back even stronger than it had before. My mother was partially dragged out of her bed, and despite the fact that she took the day off from work, she decided to leave the house anyways (who wouldn't?).

Not too much longer after that one of my sisters, who was living in our basement at the time, began to hear and see strange things as well. One night she took her dog out to use the bathroom and, shortly after the dog ran inside, the entity closed and locked the door right in front of her before she went in, as if it wanted to be left alone with her dog. Strange things such as this happened that even made her 90lb husky go CRAZY. She had never heard him snarl until living down there.

After these two things the last year of activity has been mostly us hearing continuous scampering footsteps and dragging sounds along the carpet, as well as hearing weird voices talking in some sort of odd language. One of my sisters and I have also been suffering horribly from sleep paralysis since using the board too. Is this just coincidental or a side effect? We may never know...

We are unsure what the next big event to happen will be, but oddly enough we are not very bothered by these things anymore. By now we have nicknamed it "the goblin", and make light of the subject when odd things happen. We do have supplies given to us by a friend who specializes in cleansing houses, just in case we decide we must use it.

My family and I refuse to tell most people about these occurrences because they will probably think we are nuts, so I apologize for the length of this post... I would just like to see if similar things have happened to others. We were all skeptics until using a Ouija Board.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Nebraska

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jeanene23, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

CuriousNEwoman (14 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-06-13)
(At) femaelstrom... Personally I think what you said about hanging a sign at her door... Is really rude. I think you could have been nicer with your comment. I'm sorry if I sound rude in saying 5hat but you could have been more inquisitive in your statement like saying " with all that's happened to you and your family in your home... Have you changed your religious beliefs?" Something like that. That of course is my opinion.

Jeanene23- I know this is an old post I don't know if your still following the board- how are things now? HAVE your religious beliefs changed in this time. Myself I lean towards agnostic. I was raise baptist. My grandfather being a Baptist minister. I have issues -that aren't important to this post- about religion. But I think if I went through what ya'll did...I'd be leaning back on my grandfather's beliefs! Has the activity changed in time?
I hope so! ❤
Amen (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-13)
Me and my sister experienced stuff similar to this when she first used a ouija board with her friends. Before you do an ouija board, you HAVE to make sure you are protected or that someone else on the board is.
Neither my sister or her friends were protected and my sister got a demon attached to her. Every morning she would scream when she woke up because Mary (her dress making manakin) would move from its usual place, and would be adjusted so it was leaning right over her face.
When she got home from work, her room had been turned upside down, something would usually try to push her down the
Stairs etc...
What we did for her, was a ritual, to banish any bad/negative spirits/demons that we're trying to harm her, scare her etc. The demon is gone and we've had no signs of it since.
Femaelstrom (1 stories) (56 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-27)
Interesting to note--besides the admission of not being bothered by assaults--that you STILL have no belief in God.

Why not simply put up a sign on your home reading "Beware All Ye Who Enter Here"... 😕
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
10 years ago (2013-10-25)
SDS - you know, I think that no matter what our culture, it is the intent behind the action 😊 In the end, we are striving for the same result ❤ Thank you for your input, I always enjoy learning more about your religion 😊
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-10-25)
Hello Miracles, you have put it so beautifully. In fact, I wanted to answer that question but in our culture we do it in a different way. Secondly, I was more interested in advising the O/P about it and pasting Rook's cleansing method.

In our Hindu culture, whenever we purchase a new house or after the birth of the baby or whenever we find that something is going not so well with the family, we used to perform Ganapathi Homam (it is some sort of yagna done to please Lord Ganesha, who is, as per our Hindu culture, the first and foremost God). We also do Navagraha Homam (to please the 9 planets). It is said that these two Homams, when performed in the house, it is supposed to ward off evil spirits and negative energies prevailing in the house and definitely, it had and is having the effects upto this date.

Regards and respects to you Miracles.

SDS
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-25)
NorthCoastie - you asked how exactly does the cleansing work and, I'm paraphrasing here, how does it run off the bad spirits. I can't exactly answer your questions but I've done the cleansing twice: once in my home and once at my youngest stepdaughter's. I won't bore you with the details here. If you're interested in reading about them, you can look under my profile (My Daughter's Scare and The Scary).

Is it psychological that it seemed to work? Maybe... Maybe not. But I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

There are people who do a cleansing before they ever move into a new place, just for their own peace of mind. Especially if there has been any hint of negativity attached to the place. Or if they are expecting a baby, or already have one. Just that extra precaution seems to help ease their minds.

I know people who also "smudge" themselves if they have encountered someone of a particularly bad attitude. It helps get rid of that icky feeling.

I guess what it all boils down to is what you believe. Personally, I believe 😊
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-25)
Hello Jeanene23, what you narrate makes me sad. I have always been telling in this site and in my previous post also, I advised LostLibra22 not to use Ouija Board. LostLibra22 should definitely read your account.

I feel Rajen is right. There are ways to open and close the session of Ouija Board. I don't know if you have closed your last session properly. If not, please do open the Ouija Board and close it properly by saying good bye to the spirit. Then I feel cleansing is required. Rook's cleansing method, as suggested by swimsinfire, is one of the options and it helped many people. I have suggested to many people in this site as well as personally. It has been designed to suit for people of all religions and beliefs. For your sake, I paste it and I request you to definitely cleanse the house. Please involve every one in the house for this purpose and please do it continuously for a few days. It will definitely ward off negative entities, evil spirits. And please do not use Ouija Board again and do advise others in your family too.

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Randcan (62 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-10-24)
Northcoastie, light, sound, colors, herbs, our bodies, our thoughts and emotions... All have unique frequencies. The herb Sage has a frequency which time has proven... Negative spirits are averse to. American Indians have used it (time tested) for thousands of years. Also for example, both good and bad spirits have difficulty materializing or producing phenomena in normal white light. That is why if you are being disturbed at bedtime, you may sleep with a light on to have some peace. Pitch black darkness, red or blue filtered light, all have frequencies which are condusive to spirit phenomena. Note that Spirits are to be respected. They are human beings who have gone through the great transition. It is a beautiful and revered education to learn about and understand their existence and interactions with us.
NorthCoastie (4 stories) (72 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-24)
No offense, but I'm new to this whole "cleanse" thing... So ghosts are like "OHHHH #**# [at] (*# they are burning sage, RUNNNNNN!"?... How exactly does this work?
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-24)
I'm thinking when you see multiple dark figures around your bed and your mom gets dragged around it's time to do a cleans. Rooks cleansing meathod works for a lot of people. If not, it does help to burn some sage, and also sweet grass at the same time.
Petersspirit (4 stories) (144 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-24)
Hi there,

I always read and heard using the ouija board is dangerous because your opening a door for whatever wants to come in. Recently I watched one of the -Most haunted- programs where they used the Ouija board and I feld how bad it could be. You can watch it on youtube its called Most haunted Christmas spirits.

So, do, like some of the readers told you to, begin that cleansing now. The sooner the better...

Greetings,Peter. 😕
Siri (18 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-10-23)
This is a very interesting recount of events that, if unrelated, would be quite coincidental! It does seem that using the board is what triggered the activity... Unless there was something else going on at the time? Sometimes negative life changes, such as a divorce or something of the like, can attract entities as well.
Also, I have absolutely no problem reconciling Atheists and and a belief in the paranormal. I have several Atheist friends, and while they do not believe in any divine, infallible power that is perfect in every way creating us, it doesn't necessarily mean that they don't believe in an afterlife. Atheists usually share a non belief in God or dieties in general, but beyond that, they seem to believe varying things and have many different theories about life. Besides which, Atheists who believe in the paranormal have usually seen things that are inexplicable. It is hard to discount something you have experienced yourself. That's how it's been explained to me, anyway.
Great experience, thanks for sharing!

My regards,
Siri
stephyw2001 (3 stories) (18 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-23)
The biggest issue I always have is how on earth do Atheists not believe in a God of any kind, but are skeptical about ghosts? How is this? It makes no sense to me.

I find it amusing that you named "it" the goblin. Nice touch!
SirenBelva (7 stories) (64 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-10-23)
I wouldn't wait until you have to cleanse. I do it sooner than later in case whatever you let in is gathering energy.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+5
10 years ago (2013-10-23)
"...but oddly enough we are not very bothered by these things anymore."
Seriously? -It doesn't bother your family that your mother was partially dragged out of her bed, and that the dog went crazy?
Who are you? The Adam's family?

😆 😆 😆
Rajen (2 stories) (12 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-10-23)
Hi Jeanene 23.
First of all, It is not advisory to use Ouja Boards unless you master it or have someone who have already mastered it when you try it. It requires proper closure and beginning and if that does not happen, then the entiity that you had invited is not going to leave. Nevertheless, whatever happened has happened and it cannot be changed. I would advice you to do smudging and it helps. Open the windows in such a way that the sunlight spreads through the hallway.
Go visit the church with your mom and sisters and pray hard. I read that you are an atheist. But then, believing in something that can give you strength will definitely help. Take care.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: