You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Unexplained Events

Real Ghost Stories

Unexplained Events

 

I am a 21 year old woman now, but my experience happened when I was 14 years old. My mother, her boyfriend, and my three sisters all lived in this two bedroom house that has been in our family for three generations. My occurrence happened there in the little house in San Diego, CA. I have different experiences that have happened there.

One weekend my mother and I were home cleaning when she screamed my name. I ran to her room to see what she wanted. When I found her, she was in her robe on her knees crying. I asked her what was wrong. She said that she was looking for her gel in her dresser when she found a white envelope with my uncle's name on it. (My uncle Alonzo passed away a few years before this occurrence.) I carelessly said, "Ok so." She asked me if I put it there and told her no. My mom locks her door every day before work because we did always go through her stuff. She cried and cried because she said she gave this envelope full of money to him weeks before he passed. We asked my sisters when they got home and my mom's boyfriend but they said they never seen that envelope before.

From then on my sisters would always play around with the weird things that happened around the house, such as the TV turning off when we were watching it or the radio changing stations randomly. They would always say, "Ok, Tio Alonzo, turn it back" and it would.

Things got a little weird when I would go to sleep at night as well. Like my blankets would feel like they were being tugged and I would wake up the middle of the night numerous times and hear whistling. I never got the courage to get up and look to see where it was coming from. To this day I wish I did.

The last thing that happened to me right before we moved from San Diego to Chula Vista was I got up at 5 in the morning as usual with everyone else to get ready for school. I went to the restroom to start brushing my hair and teeth. When I closed the door it seemed as if someone was knocking and kicking it. When I opened the door no one was there. I went around the house asking my family to see if they knocked on the door. Everyone said no. I tried telling my family but they thought I was crazy so never mentioned it again.

Thanks for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Confused619, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-09)
Miracles: I think his real name is justinwho? Instead of justinwoo 😜
CharlaC (6 stories) (22 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-08)
Interesting story. Sounds to me like maybe it was indeed your uncle trying to communicate with you and your family? Or messing around, having a bit of fun? But the whole knocking on the door and kicking it... Could be one of two explainations: One, it was a family member who would not want to fess up to it. And two: maybe your uncle was trying to mess with you? I don't know much about that sort of thing, though. Most spirits I see or encounter are strangers. I would love to see my parents' spirits. I would bet they would be playful spirits lol.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2013-11-08)
Confused - excuse me a second while I talk to justinwoo.

Justinwoo - you seem to forget who you are. In one comment you left you said your name is Jesse Yu, but now your name is Ethan? It's very hard for people to take your comments seriously when you don't keep your name straight 😐 You need to come back when you are much older.

Sorry, Confused619
justinwoo3112001 (8 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-08)
I am scared after hearing ghost stories. Are you scared. I wish you good luck and if you can hide yourself inside the toilet and said Uncle Alonzo please leave me alone. I don't guarentee 100% but try doing that. My name is Ethan BTW
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-07)
Interesting story.
I do not understand why your family wouldn't believe you about the knocking and kicking on the door if everyone had witnessed Tio Alonzo's mischief.
Was the money still in the envelope?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: