You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: St. Jean Cemetery

Real Ghost Stories

St. Jean Cemetery

 

To start with, it's not my personal experience. It is that of my father and his friends, one year before I was born.

My father and his friends, altogether they were four people, they went for a swim at the seaside. To escape from the scorching sun they went to the beach at around 5pm. After the swim, they had dinner in a near by hotel and dad and his friends end up getting drunk.

So, while returning home they decided to go by a deserted route so as to avoid police patrol. They left the hotel at around 11.30pm. It was an one hour drive to arrive home.

Everything was going smoothly until they arrived at a juncture where they had to take the right turn. Now comes the interesting part, at that particular juncture on the right, there is a church and just behind the church there is a cemetery, the St. Jean Cemetery, and on the left it was like a mini forest. Back then Mauritius was not that developed.

I believe that at least the guy who was driving was not that drunk to be able to drive that long safely. So when my dad's friend who was driving accelerated to turn something stopped him from doing so, that is as if a force was pulling them. At first the other three in the car thought that it was a joke by their friend. But when it happened the 2nd time, it became more serious as the car was reversing by itself towards the cemetery. This happened 4 times and every time it happened the guy driving would accelerate so as not to end up in the cemetery.

In the 5th attempt they succeeded in turning to the right. They were all shook up by what just happened to them as it was not explainable. In the action of wiping the perspiration on his forehead the guy who was driving took a glance at his watch and it was 12.01pm.

They went home safely after that and slept. The next day no-one dared talking about what happened last night. Now when they talk about it, they take it lightly as if it was something normal.

Other hauntings by Trishspooky

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Trishspooky, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Trishspooky (4 stories) (25 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-30)
hi guys, firstly thanks for the comments.
Miracles51031-its not a 12 hours drive but it was only a 1hour drive... It was 12 o'clock when the car was being pulled.
Bluemer04-nope I couldn't get any info as this place now is very well developed everything is changed and besides I live far from that place so I don't go there that much.
BadJuuJuu-I guess they've learn to be responsible and Mauritian laws have become very strict about safety on road now... The punishments and fines are quit severe.:)
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-29)
Maybe someone trying to warn them that driving drunk will put them, and most likely some innocent people as well, in the cemetery. Did they learn anything from the experience, such as responsible driving?
bluemer04 (1 stories) (58 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-29)
Didn't you try to investigate, there might some history to that place; like paranormal activities or such. There are places that there is some kind of "magnetic force/ magnetic field", this will be a way that's why they thought the cemetery is pulling the car back? Don't you think?
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2013-11-29)
Hey trish, just a quick question. The time in your story, did you mean it to be a 12 hour drive for your dad and his friends?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: