You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Highway Cemetery

Real Ghost Stories

Highway Cemetery

 

This story happened in the Year of 2009. I had a newly purchased motorcycle and since then I started going on long rides as well as midnight road trips to Antipolo back to Quezon City just to chill out in the overlooking view of the city.

One weekend a family friend invited me to come over for a fiesta located at Laguna, and since I love travelling during the night I decided to leave Manila at 2:00 AM so I'd be at the place by 5:00 AM or 6:00 AM. I left the house and went to the nearest gasoline station to refuel and check my bike and, of course, check if I have my license and other necessary things needed for the journey.

Since there is almost no traffic I'm already at Marikina City at 2:30 AM and exactly 3:00 AM at Teresa, Antipolo Rizal; it's an accident prone mountain highway which is the shortest route to my destination. So far the trip is fine until I reached Paete / Pakil Laguna cemetery just beside the National Highway. My bike's throttle won't work so I stopped to check if the line snapped. I looked around with my flashlight and yeah, it hit me hard when reality sets in with me being in the middle of a dark highway beside a cemetery.

I shined the light and surprisingly the bike is fine, so I packed the tools and sat down to my bike; now my bike won't turn on. Now I started to get ticked off because I feel like I'm being played at. When I was still young my grandparents always tell me that spirits or other elements mess with travelers by doing all sorts of stuff with their vehicles. So I said out loud "I'm sorry if I have disturbed you, please let me pass peacefully." Suddenly I heard a child's laugh in the distance then I felt as if I'm being surrounded.

I started to feel so cold then sweating and shaking as I started kick starting my bike because it won't start automatically. And then out of nowhere a small rock hit the back of my helmet and I heard the creepy child's laugh again, this time it as if the laugh just behind me!

My bike finally started and I sped like hell out of there as if I were in a drag race. When I reached a gasoline station, I calmed my nerves, make sense of what the hell just happened and waited until day break to go to the Fiesta.

When I arrived I told them what happened to me at the highway, an old man at the opposite side of the table told me that I must have forgotten to honk the horn before passing the cemetery. That's why the spirits played a prank on me, I did not pay respect.

Since then I never traveled to that highway at night.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Alex88, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Socracy5 (3 stories) (64 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-10)
Hey Alex88,

I see, you decided not to participate in the discussion, it's OK but I would highly encourage you to do so if you're going to post on this site in future. By the way, interesting encounter, I am one of those "night riders"too. I guess I should take notes from this and would definitely remember to honk the horn, if I would come across any such spooky places. I hope it won't backfire on me. 😁

Regards
Darkfox (guest)
 
6 years ago (2018-05-30)
You know in my country, honking horn in a spirit filled area can backfire on you. If you will ever cross any haunted place, it's better not to make any noise and to pass that place as quick as possible cause many prankster spirits out there would mess you up, still you have to deal with it but if you would scream, shout or even worse hoot your horn in case you're on a vehicle the spirit were said to wake up and then it's depend on the spirits what would happen to you next.😁... It's the opposite here, so I guess before following this rule we have to check the country first 😆.
Jubeele (25 stories) (885 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-05-29)
Such an innocuous thing, a child's laugh. It should be a happy and carefree sound. But I find the idea of spooky children up to wicked mischief really scary. 😨 Then again, tales of ghostly children come to a sad end give me teary eyes.

I remember reading about the Filipino custom of honking the car horn to alert the spirits when you drive by. It was in reference to a story about the 1990 Luzon earthquake.
Http://www.gobaguio.com/files/Pages/articles-spooky-page2.html
Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=25086
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
6 years ago (2018-05-29)
RC - somewhere, sometime I heard something like that (good grief, lot of somes there LOL). I think it was honking your horn when you go over a reportedly haunted bridge. Maybe 😕
RCRuskin (9 stories) (815 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-05-29)
Honk the horn as you drive by the cemetery? It sounds like an odd custom, but okay, if that is what you have to do. Personally, I'm very unhappy when someone makes too much noise to wake me out of sleep. 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: