You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Orbs In The Cemetery

Real Ghost Stories

Orbs In The Cemetery

 

I always think back on this moment in my life and although I am older now I still strain to find the meaning of my experience.

I was 12 years old and I often went to my friends house down the street. We took the back alley to each other's houses and between us was a cemetery that we were very used to walking through. On a regular night of playing at her house I decided it was time to go home because it was only getting darker and even though I thought I was tough at 12, I was actually scared of walking by myself in the dark. My friend walked me halfway like usual which meant that we usually said our goodbyes in the middle of the cemetery.

We headed out the sliding doors in the back of her house and headed for the alley that connected to the cemetery. We were talking and everything seemed completely normal. We got two steps into the cemeteries grass and we both stopped dead in our tracks and starred above us. Nothing was said to each other and I don't remember hearing anything at all, it seemed like everything just fell silent. Above our heads about 5 feet there were 2 orbs, possibly the size of beach balls. These balls began to shine bright (so bright you almost had to look away) and then it would dim.

This happened for almost 2 minutes, you would of thought that we would of taken off running but I couldn't move. I remember being so frightened that my legs just did not work for a few minutes. All of a sudden the orbs started flashing between bright and dim at a faster pace and the faster it got the more scared we became. We finally took off running back to her house where we discussed what we saw and made sure neither of us had lost our minds. We confirmed the same story and we both just never understood why this had happened.

I called my mom and told her what happened, she laughed and picked me up.

I don't feel that it was there to hurt us but to scare us to turn around and go back. In my heart I think it was a warning, perhaps danger could of been up ahead and something stopped us in our tracks and warned us to go in the opposite direction. The orbs only started going crazy with flashes when we wouldn't move, almost like it was saying get out of here and leave now.

I think about this situation sometimes and finally decided to let my story out because I do not care what anyone says, mysterious things are out there and we only understand half, if not less, of what is around us.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MJK641, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-04-03)
Hi MJK,

Thanks for sharing, really enjoyed your odd encounter with your friend. I hope you're both glad you had it, moments like these are pretty special.
I can relate to the initial silence you experienced, I didn't see orbs after it, but I think I know what you mean. I did see some orange coloured lights once but they were very small.
Do you remember any colour to these orbs, or maybe just white light? People report all kinds of colours to orbs, I've no idea what the colours mean though, if anything at all.
You'll probably relate to this experience by a member here. It reminded me of yours 😊:
Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=21855
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-04-01)
This makes me think UFO. I don't know if you considered this, but I thought I'd throw it out there. I know you said the lights were beach ball sized, but who's to say aliens don't travel in a compact version. Lol 😊

It sounds like a fascinating experience though. Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: