You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Cat Intuition?

Real Ghost Stories

Cat Intuition?

 

This is a story related to me by my Husband. Some background to this story: Tammy is a 2-3 year old Tortisehell Cat that we barely know (she is a neighbour's cat), who has suddenly been hanging out with us ever since our beautiful Black Cat, Teddy, went missing. We have recently gotten a new kitten named Lucy.

As most of you know from my previous stories, my Husband sees and hears Spirits/Ghosts on a regular basis.

Just a note, My Husband and I were up early so we could get on the road in order to get Lucy from Te Awamutu, which is about 25 minutes from my house

This morning (17th June 2011), Tammy woke my Husband up, and out of the blue, started acting strange (stranger than normal). My Husband thought nothing of it, until he tried to get out of bed. Tammy refused to let my Husband get up. Tammy sat on my Husband's chest and stared at him. Afterwards, in big capital letters, a message appeared in my Husband's mind, clearing every other thought from his mind, that said, "DON'T GO". My Husband has told me that the message kept repeating over and over in his head.

A similar situation happened a few years ago (5 years to be precise).

A cat appeared out of nowhere and apparently tried to force my Husband to get up out of bed. Then, not long after this incident, my Husband met me.

My Husband and I are sitting here, trying to make sense from this experience with Tammy. Please help us figure it out.

Does any one have any ideas to what these situations with cats mean? Do cats have intuition? And do you think that these incidents were messages telling my Husband to do something or not to do something?

Other hauntings by Lilady4

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Zealand

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lilady4, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

vitavitong (5 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-18)
yaay... Cats always awesome... ❤
Cats always know who need them the most...
We could talk, and know too much, but, yeah... We don't really like the school... So... We have to keep quiet... XD
We are a ninja assassin... XD
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-25)
My grandma told me this story about my cat when I was little. I was very ill when I was about 3, and I had a terrible pediatrician that kept telling my parents it was just a flu and I would be ok and not to worry. I had a big black cat who was my constant companion, and while I was ill he repeatedly kept laying on my chest. My grandma would get him off and he would jump back up on my chest and just lay there. My grandma thought that was really strange because he was so persistent about it. My parents finally took me to emergency because I had a temp of 105 and I had such a high fever that my dad said it felt like I had just gotten out of the shower and hadn't dried off, because I was sweating that bad. I had a serious case of pneumonia and my lungs were filled with fluid, so I had to stay two weeks in the hospital. My grandma still thinks to this day that my cat knew that there was something wrong with my chest area and was trying to draw attention to it. She watched me a lot, so she knew the cat's behavior was strange or abnormal. I think animals are a lot more intuitive than most people give them credit for.
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
Hi guys, thanks for commenting.
Bacchaegrl, no it wasn't a Giant Cat!. I think my Husband could not properly move because of the message that went across his mind. Kind of like sleep paralysis I suppose. And Tammy is quite a big cat too, 😆.
I think that the previous incident with the cat allowed me to meet him, like a force was pulling us together as it were.
Nothing happened on the way to pick up Lucy. But, now, on thinking about it, I think that it was my Husband's chest that Tammy was warning him about. My Husband has a caved in chest (pectus evactum [can't spell]), that can make it hard to breathe sometimes.
Thanks to everyone for such nice comments, and no, my other Cat, Teddy has not returned (it's been almost 4 weeks).
Again, thanks.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-21)
I'd like more details. How could a cat prevent your husband from getting up? Did you take your planned trip to get Lucy from Te Awamutu? Did anything happen on the way? In the previous incident, did the cat's attempts to force your husband to get out of bed help him to meet you? Cats do give the impression that they know stuff, and certainly more than we do. However, without more details, I'm afraid I can't help you analyze these particular incidents.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-21)
It was meant to be. Tammy must have sensed something was up, that's why she prevented you and your husband from leaving. One side of me agrees with Char44 that your missing cat might return (crossing my fingers 😁) but my other side is thinking about what would have happened if you and your husband went on that trip for your new kitten? For example, (knock on wood this doesn't ever happen) you had car accident or something preventing you from adopting the kitten. Why don't you (1) Check with the place where you were going to pick up the kitten was all right and if there was anything that day preventing you from picking up the kitten and (2) also check the newspapers or the internet for anything that would have prevented you from getting your cat like a car jam?
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-21)
I believe that cats are very intuitive. Have you ever heard of talking cats? There are a few stories about talking cat experiences on the interwebs. I don't know about this story. How could your husband be stopped physically by a cat? Was it a giant cat? If you are just stating that he couldn't get up because the cat had some mental hold on him, I guess I can see that. Did your husband listen to the cat? Does your husband seem to be in any kind of danger? In the earlier experience, when the cat tried to get your husband out of bed, how does him meeting you fit into this exactly? Did you meet on the same day that this happened? Did the timing of a certain event allow you to meet? I'm not sure about the details here. But I will agree, cats have a weird aura about them. There's something strange about cats. Something beyond our understanding.
sophiejayne (1 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-06-21)
I love the idea mentioned by Shlain, that cats are sent for protection and luck. My cat is the most loving little soul, and always gets really close when he knows I am sad or afraid.

I definitely think that cats have intuition. Mine watches somebody or something move up and down our staircase each night, which he can see from our living room sofa. He sits up really alert and I can see his eyes and head moving with whatever he is looking at. I think he must be seeing something I can't.
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
+5
13 years ago (2011-06-21)
Amazing! Not only is your husband a sensitive, but he might just have telepathic abilities when it comes to cats. You are blessed!

The Egyptian Goddess, Bast, was said to use cats as her messengers. They say that when she sees good will towards her beloved followers (cats) then she blesses those that have the kind hearts by sending cats to them for protection and good luck.

I do not think it is anything bad!

Shlain
char44 (3 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-21)
maybe the cat senses that your missing cat might return to you again 😁
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-06-21)
I'm not sure the factual explanations for these events, but I do believe that cats do have their own intuition.

One of my cats in particular will hover very close to me (If not just sit on me and not budge) when I am sensing more spiritual activity may be close by, so yes I am a strong believer of cats having their own sense of intuition 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: