You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Something Tried To Strangle Mom

Real Ghost Stories

Something Tried To Strangle Mom

 

I have read quite a few stories on this site and after reading the comments, concluded that I can share my experience on this site without getting any negative remarks.

So, my dad's in a transferable service and so we move from one place to other every three-four years. Anyway, when I was 14 years old (2008), my dad got posted to this place called Jorhat in Assam. Now Assam is believed to be haunted by the spirits of tea-garden workers and god knows what else!

Thing is, one night in the month of September, while dad was on a tour, my mum suddenly felt the temperature drop and within a few minutes of that, started feeling dizzy and nauseated. I convinced her that it must be her blood pressure acting up again after which we had our dinner and hit the bed. Now I want you readers to keep in mind that the incident am going to mention happened with mum, I'm only writing this based on what she told me.

So well, suddenly mum woke up in the middle of the night feeling like someone was staring at her in kind of a pissed-off manner and tried to wake me up (yes, I sleep with my mum but that's because of some extremely personal family reason) but I, apparently, turned around and looked at her with eyes red, wide open, kind of like a devil. An angry devil! (I must add here that ours was an extremely secure colony and we had locked the doors properly so there was no chance of a human intrusion.) So she just froze in her place and tried taking the name of Lord Krishna but couldn't. She felt like as if someone was trying to strangle her to death. Then suddenly it stopped and the bed started rotating wildly. It went on for a minute or so after which she just threw up. The rest of the night, she couldn't sleep due to constant terror of what might happen next and threw up quite a number of times over the night.

Next morning, I woke up feeling totally drained even though I slept from 10:30 pm to 9:30 am and looked at mum. I was quite surprised to find these weird print on her neck and decided to ask her about it once she woke up. Judging from all the puke, I guessed she must have had an indigestion and vomited all night and so let her sleep until mid-afternoon. Finally she wakes up, and I, having cleaned the stuff by then, asked her what was with the handprints and she told me all about everything that happened and it scared the crap out of me. Thing is, there were a lot of little things happening (which I'll share in another post) which already had me spooked out and this only strengthened my fears.

People say many bodies of the plantation workers were buried there before the colony was constructed. Maybe the spirits were angry that their resting place was disturbed, but that's just a guesstimate! Looking forward to your views and opinions. And extremely sorry for the length of the post.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, instant_crush, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

instant_crush (1 stories) (30 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-06)
[at] sand33p,
Yeah, after we moved out, nothing as such happened ever again! *phew*
Btw, we're posted in nasik, maharashtra now. =)
sand33p (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-06)
Heyy!what a coincidence that you too experienced something paranormal in assam. I hope everything is fine now. I just loved your story and the way of narration.
Waiting for your next experience and by the way where do you live now?

Waiting for your reply...
mrwannabee (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-03)
😐 demons and spirits cannot harm human beings on their own, BUT what they can do is that use a medium to do their stuffs. They can posses animals, things, sometimes even human... In these case, I believe what happen to you in your sleep was an astral projection (though you didnot include that you had a dream or something) so while your spirit was seperated with your body. The demon took advantage and posssesed your body. That strangled your mom... 😨

This cannot be helped 😢 what your mom can do is she pray
instant_crush (1 stories) (30 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-02)
Gemz,

Nup, nothing as such has happened ever since we moved out and away from that horrible place! I'll soon post some other experiences we had while our stay in that particular place... And trust me, our family wasn't the only one at the receiving end. Many other families too had their share...!

And thank you for the advice. Will follow it when anything as such happens next time. =)
Gemzxxx (6 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-02)
Wow! Your mum must have been terrified to her very soul god bless her!
Has anything like that happened since you left that place? If not, you're probably right in the fact that the spirits are pissed that their resting place has been disturbed. And when spirits are angry or scared, we unfortunately do have the worst end of it. I haven't read any of your other posts yet, but I most certainly will after I have finished this comment.

If you and your mum experience a lot of paranormal activity like this, it might be worth looking for protection against the spirits. Protection spells, black Onyx, and black candles are some of the things that you can use. Also, try locating a spiritualist medium/psychic. I have found great comfort since I have done this because the can then advise you on what to do. The only thing is finding a genuine psychic/medium, that will be the difficult part.
I've mentioned in some previous comments on some stories of a prayer/spell that I use when I feel that I am not alone, it is as follows: Mathew, Mark, Luke and John, please protect the bed that I lay on, thank you. Repeat this 3 times and don't forget to say thank you each time. This has helped me in the past.

I hope this has helped you in some way. I look forward to reading your other stories x.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: