You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Poltergeist Activity And Random Noises

Real Ghost Stories

Poltergeist Activity And Random Noises

 

This is the first time I'm submitting a story on the internet, so please be patient and kind enough to ignore any mistakes I might make. This is taking place in my home currently and I don't know why or how it started, I investigated a little and it has all the characteristics of a poltergeist experience.

I stay in an apartment in Mumbai and this is where the incidents have been taking place. It started in February if my memory serves. It was a weekday and I was up working on a report to be submitted at work the next day when I heard my daughter scream loudly. I hurried into her bedroom where I found her cowering under the bed and most of her books strewn around.

She was crying and literally dragged me under the bed besides her. I thought that was a little childish as she is a 15 year old girl but she was afraid so I didn't say anything. She told me that she was sleeping when something just threw her books around the room. I believed her as I have many ghost stories of my own childhood and let her sleep in my bed that night. I thought it was an isolated incident but it was only the first of many more.

The next one took place on a Saturday night, which was the day after. I had the house to myself and both of my daughters had gone out for the night. I was sitting on the couch reading when the "something" decided it to help itself to my kitchen. There were 3 glass bowls out on the counter which fell or were thrown on the floor. I resigned myself to cleaning the mess and tried not to show how afraid I was.

I felt as if I was in the middle of a horror movie, with all of these random things happening when the whispers began. That "something" would randomly whisper our names or an occasional thing we would say into our ears. We were naturally very afraid. I am a single mother of 2 girls and I had to act as if nothing was happening, it was very difficult.

The last week, things had calmed down a little bit and I figured the worst was over, but then something else began happening. Ragini, my older daughter fell down while walking. She kept saying that someone tripped her. I didn't consider this as paranormal as she could have tripped on those long jeans she wears. The next day, it happened to me. It was afternoon tea time for me and as I made my way into my study, I could nearly feel something against my shin as I tripped over seemingly thin air. The hot tea spilled all over me and I was in considerable pain for a long time.

I couldn't handle it anymore and decided to go stay at my mother's place when things calmed down just as they started, the physical manifestations stopped. No tripping me or my daughters, no throwing around things. That just stopped. The whispers and the noises continued and still do, however with less frequency. There are random noises in the middle of the night or even in broad daylight but that might be a case of an overactive imagination. Even as I write this, there is a loud noise from my kitchen, but I think I'm fairly used to it now.

My daughter's friend recommended this site to me so I am submitting my story hoping for any insightful comments. Thank you for reading this.

Other hauntings by Ashwini45

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ashwini45, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Dip1904 (115 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-11)
try to find the history of the house. Or if time is of utter essence, attempt to find some group of people dedicated to paranormal activities investigation. That will ease up things a bit faster.
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-02)
Hi Ashwini45, It is believed that poltergeist activity is often associated with teenagers. It is believed the energy which they have whilst 'growing up' manifests and can become this mischievous entity. Obviously you have at least one teenage daughter (I don't know how old your second daughter is).

Have they been through any stress recently? Please note, this is not the only cause of this kind of activity, but I certainly think it is worth mentioning in your situation.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-02)
Hi, please try to find out the history of house.
Be careful,
Regards,

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: