You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Playful Ghost Or Poltergeist

Real Ghost Stories

Playful Ghost Or Poltergeist

 

The first encounter I remember was when my daughter was about 12. She has bought a CD and left it on her bed. Later that day she came and told me it was gone so I went to look for it telling her it must have fallen down the side or back. She insisted it couldn't have as it was on the middle of bed. I knelt on floor to look underneath bed as she continued to say it couldn't have fallen, so I said loudly, 'ok whoever took it put it back please' and I laughed. Just then a small ornamental doll of about 2 or 3 inches fell from a shelf about 3 feet away from me and hit my head. It had been up there a few years never been touched so I thought it strange that it fell. We both were shocked as to how it fell as it really should have hit the floor. Then a loud bang came from another bedroom and we ran to see what it was, but no sign of anything. Some minor things happened in between that I took no notice of.

At Christmas some time after she got a small laptop. After dinner she went to her bedroom to get it and the screen was smashed inside. No one had been upstairs. I let it pass and told her it must have been faulty.

One morning I went to her bedroom to make up the bed and as I entered the room a pair of her spectacles literally flew off a shelf past me and landed 3 or 4 feet away. If they just fell they would have landed on the table beneath. This really scared me. At one stage I asked my daughter if anything else happened that she hadn't' told me and apart from seeing a blue light shoot across the kitchen in the dark she said she sees small shadows frequently! I was shocked.

Then one halloween night we had been listening to ghost stories on the radio and tv and all went to bed around 1.30am. While in my bedroom I heard my daughter scream. I called to her and she said it's ok. Seconds later she ran in screaming and half dressed and said a hairband she left on her bed was moving. She had seen it move 2 or 3 times. I told her she was imagining it because of the ghost stories we had been listening to, but she insisted it moved. I tried to console her by saying it was from the electricity from her hair but it was a new hairband that hadn't been worn. I went into her room just to check everything was ok for her and as I stood there the hairband which was about a 12 inch oval shape, moved twice right in front of me. I was completely shocked and scared. She had never really been frightened by any of the other things but this really scared her. She slept with us that night but after that went back to her room. She continued to see shadows and would sometimes look over at me when she saw something, but say nothing. Overall this lasted about 2 or 3 years that I know of and then it just stopped. The house we live in was only 4 years old at the time and there are lots of houses close. That was 10 years ago now and I don't think there have been any strange happenings since that I know about anyway!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, yvara95, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-11-15)
That's odd how these entities will go silent for years isn't it? Maybe it has moved on for good. I've encountered poltergeist happenings too and it is scary. 😨 Thank you for sharing your story, God bless you and your daughter! ❤
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2019-11-09)
silverthane speaks well 😁 and I agree. To me a poltergeist can be one of two things... Psychokinetic outbursts from and individual during times of 'high stress' or children as they enter puberty. This is due to the 'energy' levels in our bodies being 'different' than under 'normal' conditions. This is also more common for childern going through puberty... But can happen around adults depending on 'energy levels' based on the stresses being experienced.

The second one is that an actual spirit has been attracted because of the 'energy level's' with-in and individual going through puberty OR within a household. Again as soon as things 'settle out' the spirit (s) move on.

Just my 'two cents'.

Thanks for sharing. Please ask any questions you may have.

Respectfully,

Rook
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-11-07)
There are many commonalities present in those poltergeist cases that occur from "out of the blue" with no apparent cause. One of the more common threads among these events is the presence in the family of a pre-teen (most often a girl) individual just beginning puberty. No one seems to know why this is the case nor can anyone with any evidence trace any causality, but the poltergeistic events seem to fade away as soon as the teen passes the onset of puberty. There are articles that ca be accessed on the internet and it is a really interesting subject. I am happy that these events have stopped occurring in your home.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: