You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Spirit In My Bedroom 2

Real Ghost Stories

The Spirit In My Bedroom 2

 

In late December 2013, I was home for the holidays, and I was in my bedroom when my dog started acting strangely, as if she was staring at something. She didn't seem scared or aggressive, just as if a stranger had entered the room. I didn't think much of it and fell asleep again. Later that night, I woke up and heard heavy breathing behind my bedroom door, closely followed by footsteps running in the attic (where no one ever goes, especially not at 3 am). Let's just say I didn't sleep for the rest of the night.

A few nights later, I woke up and felt some sort of energy, like a presence. Immediately startled, I turned on the light and started reading a book, in order not to become too paranoid (which I really tend to do if I can feel something paranormal, which hadn't happened in a long time). Suddenly, I felt cold air brush against my left arm, gently, back and forth, as if stroking it (my door and my windows were closed). I knew there was someone, but strangely enough, I didn't feel scared at all. It was as if I knew the presence. After a moment I lifted my hand and stretched out my palm, and I felt the cold air shift and the form of a hand fit into mine. I asked the presence (which I couldn't see) if I could help it and if it was Aliban, but no answer. I then looked at my phone to see what time it was: 5.34 am. Almost the same time as when I saw the spirit the first time. Then it left. But right before dawn, at 7 am, I saw a misty white human form standing in front of me. And once again, I didn't feel scared. I just looked calmly at it, but then got up to get a glass of water. When I came back it was gone.

I went to my best friend after this. She is quite psychic and has also had dreams about Aliban (she knew how he looked like without me telling her). I told her what I had experienced and she told me that she had had weird dreams for about a year where she would often see a pale man with a blonde curly-haired woman, dressed in white (he would be dressed in black). (Years before I had seen Aliban's living form in a dream. He wasn't tall, had black hair and pale skin, and green eyes. Next to him there had been a blonde woman with curly hair, dressed in white.) I asked her if the man had black hair and looked like what I had seen, and my best friend said yes. And I had never told her about Aliban's living form. After that day nothing more happened. I didn't feel the presence again.

But two weeks ago, I had a weird dream where my best friend and I were being chased by something (can't remember what). We were in a castle, and had to get out because they had found us and we had something (two crystal balls, one blue and one red and there were four more to find). Anyway, later that day my best friend called me and told me she had had a weird dream where we were being chased because of some red and blue crystal balls. We discovered we had had almost the same dream, except some minor details.

A week ago, my best fried also had a dream where she was a rich blonde woman (with curly hair) who had bought a house and held a party because of that. She had then had a vision of black ghost trying to kill a brown haired girl. So she had come to her rescue and had managed to chase the ghosts. I asked her to describe the girls further, and we came to the conclusion that the girls were Liz and Aliban's girlfriend, who had been called Annabelle or Amelia by Liz. There had also been a calendar in the dream, which had showed the year was 1949 (around four years after Aliban's death).

In the meantime, I had begun reading about Ed and Lorraine Warren and demons, and came to a passage where Ed (who was a demonologist) gave a list of signs that showed you had demons in your home. This list included heavy breathing and disembodied footsteps, among a long list of other signs which I (thank God!) didn't have. But he also said that demons were always trying to deceive you and give you false information, and could take any form they wanted. And he said that they were often seen... In monk's robes. As I read that, terror shot through me. What if Aliban was/is a demon? What can I do? I don't believe in God and I can't get myself to do it (even though I've tried). I'm so scared that something will happen. No, I have never used an Ouija board, or automatic writing, or anything that opens the door to the underworld. But still.

Then again, Aliban (or whoever or whatever it was) came surrounded by light. He was holding a candle, which, I have read, has a religious connotation and is considered a positive symbol. He hasn't ever tried to harm me or anything, and I haven't felt in danger, even though I was scared (but that was more of the unknown).

Last night, I woke up again around 2.31 am and couldn't sleep (except this time it wasn't in my own bedroom). And around 5.20 I felt cold air brush my arm gently (both my door and my windows were closed. Again I wasn't scared, nor did I feel threatened. I asked it to go away, and around 5.40 it did. Then I fell asleep and nothing more happened.

So I am asking you: what do you think? Could Aliban be a demon? What does he want? Why does he make his presence known then stops giving information? What should I do? Should I try contacting him, and if yes, how? And if he is negative, how do I make him go away (my mother doesn't believe in ghosts or anything and would think I had deliberately summoned something, which I haven't)? And what if it isn't him? Who could it be? Please help as I am getting scared and confused.

Thanks a lot for reading. And thank you in advance for your help.

Other hauntings by Mussi14

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mussi14, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Mussi14 (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-09)
[at] rookdygin I've tried searching, but nothing came up. I doubt he is part of my family as we probably have no English ancestors. I honestly have no idea of how to find him. So far I've found one Aliban (as a first name) but he was alive in 1857. That can't be him since (if I have interpreted my dreams correctly) Aliban was a soldier during WW2 and must have been between 25 and 35 when he died. And I haven't found him.
I really don't know what to do. Maybe he never existed and my dreams were only a way of explaining what I had seen...
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-04)
Inspired research is NEVER the wrong 'way' nor irrelevant at all. Thank you for the information... Without the dreams I would have said that he was your Spirit Guide... The dreams about his brother/Family may indicate something a bit more... You may want to research your Families History and see if there is a connection to that name somehow... That may help determine just what was going on and why you saw him.

Fear can cloud ones senses and cause individuals to react badly to spirits who mean no harm whatsoever... We are programmed to fear the unknown and let's face it the Paranormal/Spirit World is pretty unknown. The more we research and study the more we learn and the less we have to fear... Unless of course it's something really, REALLY BAD going bump in the night...😲

Thanks for sharing this with us and for the feedback... I hope I've helped in some small way.

Respectfully,

Rook
Mussi14 (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-03)
[at] rookdygin to be honest, I don't know. I can't really tell because I was only 9 (or 10) at the time, and, well, this was the first ghost I saw, so I got scared. Maybe if I had had more courage at the time, I would have sensed he was good. I guess fear of the unknown overtook me.
When I look back on him, and the things I saw in dreams, I don't think he was bad. And I wouldn't have worried if he was bad, hadn't I read that book.
And if the thing that has stroked my arm twice really was him (and both times it happened around the same time I saw him the first time), then I think he is positive, because I didn't feel scared at all. But I can't really give you a clear answer. The only thing I can say is that he definitely didn't feel "foul".

I don't know if you have read the first part of this experience, but around three years after I had seen him, I woke up one night and heard a scratchy male voice telling me (although I don't recall all of it), "I can't get through", "now it's up to you", "find your way". After this a series of dreams started where he told me who he was. I've also dreamt of his twin brother, his sister, and his grilfriend. And I once dreamt of how he lost his mother.

I don't remember him speaking about any higher being. I'm not religious at all, and can't bring myself to believe in God. I don't disrepect Christians, I assure you:) and I do admire people who have had a strong connection to God (like Mother Theresa, or Padre Pio).

But I've had a dream once where I saw Virgin Mary, telling me and my best friend we had been chosen for something, and in my dream I knew it was related to Aliban.

Also (I don't know if that can be of any help), I've done some research on the name Aliban. I've found one person who had that name around 1857. But I also found that Aliban could be a derivation of the name Albany, which means light, upperworld (as opposed to underworld), and it was also the name of a British saint. I don't know if that helps.

I'm so sorry for the long answer. I'm just trying to give you as many details as possible. Sorry if some things are irrelevant.

Thanks for reading anyway:)
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-02)
Gut feelings... What does your gut tell you? Is it a Flight response? Is it a cold hard shiver up your spine? Is it a warm fuzzy feeling? First impressions/feelings tend to 'hold true' despite the form a spirit may attempt to show itself in.

Every spirit uses energy to manifest and SOMETIMES there may not be enough for a full manifestation so some 'BITS' go missing. So it's safe to say I do not think a partial manifestation or 'missing parts' is an indication of a 'demon'.

There are other ways to tell. Does it look fair but 'feel foul?' Does it want to talk about only itself... Or what it can do for you? Does it avoid mention of a higher being? (God...Heavenly Father...Heaven? Please apply Faith of choice... As I am a Christian that's the reference I use)

These are a short list of basic things that may help determine what a spirit MAY be.

Respectfully,

Rook
Mussi14 (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-02)
[at] Swimsinfire Thank you. Yeah, sorry about that, a lot happened in a short amount of time and I'm confused. Let me try to make it short. (First I would recommend you to read my first story, where more information is given about Aliban:)). He is a ghost I saw when I was about 9 or 10. And now, after almost 10 years, strange things have started happening again. And as I write this, have stopped, once again. (My new experiences were about three months and one month ago.
See, I was wondering whether I should try to contact him, but I was afraid of what might happen. So I started reading a lot about psychic protection and demons, in order to know how to prevent those things. And in a book I read, it was said that heavy breathing and disembodied footsteps were some of the signs of demonic activity. And that demons often were seen wearing hooded monk's robes/cloaks, which Aliban was wearing the one and only time I saw him.
And that demons were trying to look human in order to deceive you, but a human feature was always missing. I couldn't see Aliban's face. The place where it should have been was black. Which caused me to be scared.
So now I am asking (among other things) : do you think he is a demon? Or if not, what is he? What does he want from me? How can I know if he is a demon or not, or know what he wants, without putting myself (or my relatives) in danger?
What should I do?
Anyways thanks for reading. I'm not good at keeping things short x)
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-02)
Wow that was a lot of information. Who si Aliban? What is your question? The story was very interesting.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: