You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Sleep Paralysis Or My Mom?

Real Ghost Stories

Sleep Paralysis Or My Mom?

 

My mom died from cancer when I was 14. When I graduated high school I immediately started using drugs and alcohol after four years of suffering with my dad's mistress and now wife. She's nuts.

Anyway I had my son in 2010. Since then I've still been self medicating with alcohol. Until February 18th me and my boyfriend started fighting because he knew I was drunk but I was denying it turning it back around on him like a drama queen.

Then I started to threaten to kill myself and he called the cops. They took me to the psychiatric hospital. Then my dad and his wife served me papers, demanding my presence in court for a temporary custody hearing on my son. My world. Why did I do this to him and myself? I was brooding all day and night. Cried myself to sleep.

Then I woke up at some point, there are no clocks in the rooms. I'm thinking 4 a.m. I couldn't move, my limbs were like dead weight. I get sleep paralysis all the time. But this is different. I was thinking, "Oh hell, here we go" when I saw my mom laying in the other bed. I didn't have a roommate, thank God.

I got up, or I thought I did, but I knew my body was still laying in the bed. However, some physical or whatever part of me got up and shook my mother, asking for her to get up because I wanted to talk to her. She, at first, denied stating she didn't feel well. So I decided to talk to her as she lay there. I said, "You know I'm an alcoholic right?" She looked at me like I was crazy, "Uh...YA!"

So I explained everything that had been going on, the custody hearing and all that. I said I felt like I didn't deserve that special boy back. He deserved better than me. She said nothing, but got up out of bed and held me while I cried... Then BAM. I was back in my bed and I could move. There were tears streaming down my cheeks. I was so sad yet so happy.

Even if it was just a sleep paralysis dream, sometimes my dreams... Happen. I don't believe that was a dream, though. I believe my mom gave me the comfort I needed to face this life get my son back and live it to the fullest. Not to let the shame and pain win.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, rweath1989, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

twelveam (74 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-05)
Hi rweath1989,

I fully am in agreement with spiritwaiting on this, that it WAS definitely a visitation from your mom helping you stay strong and get through this whole situation. Too many times in my family's experiences, Including my own, Have I seen this phenomenon at work in a POSITIVE way. From what I have learned and I understand, is that our deceased loved ones are ALWAYS nearby on the other side and when we have desperation and serious situations, they can come to us and guide us in times of need. It very well could have just been a dream or a reality, but either way it was a REAL intervention to help motivate you to handle the serious task at hand. I have had at least 4 times that I can remember where a deceased family member or close friend has intervened in a situation I was in at the time, to push me in the right direction which later proved to be a true blessing!

I admire you for your honesty and sincerity and about wanting to help yourself, which in turn helps your sons life and future as well. I wish you the BEST OF LUCK in your endeavors and your perseverance. Thanks for sharing your story with all of us, it helps us to be better human beings as well, and gives us faith! 😐 😁
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-04)
rwreath1989, I'm thankful that you have recognised your mother was there in that moment with you. That to me was a visitation from her to you. She knew you needed her warmth,love,hugs and a listening ear. I truly hope you find all the help, you need to stay strong, and to live your life to the fullest. With what you have been through, you deserve to give yourself the best in life. You sound to me, to be strong a resilient. Oh I believe she used the sleep paralysis to her advantage to get you to notice her laying in the other bed. I am truly sorry for your loss of your mother, as I have been through something quite similar, I almost lost mine a year ago. I hope you continue on your path to a better you, and also hope you know your mother will always be there with you.

Thank you for sharing such intimate details of your life. We love to help others figure ou what they need to know. And hope some of us were able to do that for you.

Best wishes and take care
Sincerely Spiritwaiting ❤
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
+3
10 years ago (2014-04-04)
rweath its very brave of you to share your story and I also feel for you in regards to your addiction, but as you have acknowledged this yourself, this is a big stepping point for you. I would like to add some information about your sleep paralysis. This is a medical condition and you should see your doctor about this. I watched an interesting program this week about sleep paralysis. The Sleep Psychologist stated that anyone suffering from sleep paralysis, experiences being held down etc because they wake up from the deep sleep, in this deep sleep we dream and would act out our dreams if our bodies didn't make us temperoraly paralised. He also stated whilst in deep sleep a person can suddenly wake and project what they were dreaming into reality, that's why people feel they have seen a spirit, etc. Anyone who suffers from sleep paralysis and wakes and feels held down, should wiggle their toes and this immediately stops the paralysis, (a way of debunking too). I am in no way patronising your conversation with your mum, just giving some logic that might help. Dont forgot our loved ones whom have passed can speak to us in our dreams. You definately spoke to your mum whether it was real or in a dream. I think shes saying to you like a mum would who loves their daughter, "pull your socks up!". She wants you to get better, please visit your doctor for professional help with your drinking and sleep paralysis, you cannot stop drinking on your own it is very dangerous. Take one step at a time, be resilient in your behaviour and thoughts, this will make you strong, fight for what is yours - for your son.
All the best Sam
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+5
10 years ago (2014-04-02)
reweath1989- I can't help but feel I must leave a comment on your story. Thank you for sharing it. I'm sorry to hear about the bad in your life, but I sense that you are not that far gone. It's never too late to change it all around, especially knowing that your mother is still here with you. She wants you to know she feels you and your pain and she's here to guide you though it. Please get some help for the drinking, and please know that it's all just part of life's lessons.
I too have gone through some things and I lost my mother at 8 years old. I don't see her any more but I know she is always there. Sometimes when I feel like I don't want to continue "trying" any more, I think about her and knowing that she is still supporting me in the after life, gives me that boost.
If a deceased one can stay and help me, why can't I pull it together and help myself? I hope you are getting help at the moment. You of all people deserve your son because you his mother and you clearly love him. You lost your mom, so you know how that can affect one growing up. Anyways, I wish you all the best, and God bless you and your loved ones. -notjustme ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: