You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: That Place Was Filled With Ghosts

Real Ghost Stories

That Place Was Filled With Ghosts

 

I am very sensitive to the paranormal and experience it on a daily, hourly basis. This is just one of my experiences. Where it all began really. I had had many small, seemingly insignificant experiences before this, but since this I've never been the same really.

Now I am heavily non-religious, yet I do believe in evil, demons, spirits, exorcisms and recently...angels. Just all in a non-religious way... If that makes any sense...

I recently spent a long time away from home on an extremely remote island (I'm not going to give any details as to where and why by the way) and lived in a cabin sort of house with 6 other people. Many of my housemates complained about unexplainable things happening there, like footsteps down the hall or the shower turning on in the night. I am extreme believer in the paranormal, but at first I thought they were just over-exaggerating things.

We all took loads of photos of the house and there were always orbs that seemed to have faces. Loads of orbs in all the bedrooms and down the hall. I have a very strong sense for spirits and I always felt that one corner of the bedroom, which I shared with another housemate, had someone/something in it.

I clearly remember seeing a dark figure in that corner. I felt that it was an evil entity and I hated being anywhere near that corner. I snapped a photo from my bed one time of that corner and a big orb showed up right in that corner. That, for me, validated what I was feeling. I think that spirit was the one doing most of the stuff in that house. And boy did it love to torment me.

Most of the housemates complained about spiritual activity in the house but I hadn't ever really had anything happen to me in that house other than the eerie feelings. They said things happened like footsteps, doors opening, drawers and cupboards banging, the linen closet would creak open and shut all night, the toilet would flush, the shower turned on, they could hear running past their windows at night, weird noises from outside like talking or weird screaming. It got to a point where people were talking tongues or what was described as 'seizuring' in their sleep. It was rare but it did happen.

I heard it as well but it only really hit me that things were really not right in that house when something really honestly traumatizing happened to me.

I was fast asleep one night when I had a nightmare. The nightmare was that disturbing that I still can't talk about it and I'm not going to say what happened it but it was utterly horrific. I woke up from it in a sweat although the room was very cold and began I to uncontrollably shake. Not because I was cold, I just was. Maybe I was in shock? I don't know? I worried that I was going to wake my roommate as we shared a bunk bed and I was making it move like crazy from the shaking. I was already terrified from the dream and kept on closing my eyes and seeing faces (as I often do). I wouldn't have minded if my roommate had woken up at this point. I began to calm myself down and tell myself to just go back to sleep. It had to of been 3-4am. I was still shaking but a lot mentally calmer when I began to hear things coming from the kitchen and hallway, almost everything that's stated above was happening to me right now. I could hear the linen closet door creaking open and slamming shut, and that linen closet door is literally right next to my door.

Then the worst part came. This was by far the most terrifying moment of my life and a lot of paranormal things happen to me. I was just nodding off, ignoring everything that was going on. I heard the sound of someone running on wet grass directly outside my window, right beside my head. And it was no dog or wallaby! It was the distinct sound of a human running. I didn't dare turn my head to that window. I had the sense that if I turned my head an entity would be standing right there, looking back at me. And when I have these senses they are usually right!

I remembered that I had left the window open a little to air the room out and had forgotten to close it, which didn't make me feel any better. I began to relax again when again the running came back but this time there was also this screeching noise, like someone scratching a window. I lifted the covers over my head and forced myself back to sleep.

Ever since that night I had felt differently about the house. When I was in the shower I would almost have panic attacks over the delusional thought that beyond the shower curtain was the 'thing' from my nightmare. In the toilet I would stare at one corner of the small room not-blinking until I was done, as I thought something was there.

If people are interested I will make a part two, as there is so much more to tell about this house:)

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MyselfandH, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-06)
Myselfand H, Thank you so much for responding. And ok I understand the whole privacy thing. It could have been a spirit entering into your dream. Then from your fear feeding off of you, which in return had enough energy to make herself visible. Thats completely terrifying! I hope your ok and are doing well. And again it is very much appreciated for your response.
MyselfandH (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-06)
The submit a story page is again, temporarily closed so i'm going to explain a bit more here instead. I re-read my story and I agree it does sound pretty generic! Cabin in the woods blah...blah. The reason I can't really give too many details about where this place is, is because I was there as part of a program and if I say too much about it my and others personal details could be given away. The island is called King Island off the coast of the mainland of Australia between the bass strait and Tasmania.Now, to my nightmare: I was at my beach house at the Saturday farmer's market in this dream, with a someone who was apparently my friend. This friend was warning me about this crazy lady that comes up to the stall we were tending every week and is just super weird, like she talks in tongues. So i'm tending the stall when I see this lady that looked sort of like the feed the birds lady off Mary Poppins but in all green. She came up and of course started speaking tongues. I started to try to help her on her way when she just stopped turned to my friend and stuck her long lizard like tongue down her throat screaming as she did it. I was in shock. I grabbed the scissors from under the counter and eventually cut through her tongue. The woman then just turned to me her eyes wide open and grinning. She then began swaying like towards me then away from me. I started pushing her lightly away from me. Until she swung forward again, her eyes rolled back into her head and her head fell into onto my stomach. I pushed her off very hard, she fell back and her head smashed on the concrete. I then woke up and kept seeing her in the corner of my room. I will make a part two as soon as possible
MyselfandH (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-06)
In response to everyone, I am about to right a part 2/explanation it just might take a little while to be published. Also just to clarify i'm not really seeking much 'help'i don't feel threatened in anyway since this experience, I just want someone else's opinion as to what was happening in that house. Just to get some clarity.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-05)
[at] myselfandH, I second Redwolf. I was literally going to say the same thing. I'm sorry you are or were going through this torment, but in order for anyone to begin to help, we need a little more detail into what your nightmare was about. And my belief is, and has proven to me numerous times, in order to get passed what is terrifying you, you need to let it out. Whether it be talking about it, or facing it. I believe what you are saying as far as the numerous occurences, but we truly do need more detail. Maybe in your part 2,you could help us out, so we can try to do the same for you.

Thanks for sharing.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-05)
MyselfandH: I would like to read part 2, and would love to see some of those pictures!
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-04-05)
MyselfandH

I'm not religious either and believe in spirits/ghosts definitely demons. You really need to write more about this house because not to be rude but your story is a generic haunted house story. It would be nice if you told us the things that terrified you so badly. You say you took a picture of the corner you disliked so much and there was a large orb as you expected there would be, were there any features?
I'm sorry but we really need more information if you want or need help.
MyselfandH (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-05)
lanapoll96, I will post a lot more stories about that house and what has been happening to me recently for the past... 4 or so months now that i'm back at home too. So happy! It finally got published 😊
lanapoll96 (6 stories) (10 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-03)
I'm non-religious too, but definitely believe in ghosts, demons, etc. This was such an interesting read, I'd love a part 2 to be posted! 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: