You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Mother's Father

Real Ghost Stories

My Mother's Father

 

My mother's father died when she was a little girl. He was found lying dead in snow & they said it was because he jumped or was pushed off the building he was at. He was also an alcoholic, which could be the reason he only had pants on. He was severely depressed and it runs in my mom's side of the family. I've been severely depressed since I was 8 or 9 years old. I'd always felt lonely until I moved into the guestroom.

I lived in that house since I was 1, it was big and old. There were three bedrooms upstairs and I lived in one of them for a very long time. When I turned 11 or so, I decided I wanted the sky blue room next to mine. So, I moved everything into it and loved it.

One night, I had my friend Alexis sleepover. We weren't allowed to close the door so she fell asleep of boredom. At the foot of the bed was the closet and the door was just a little to the left of it. I was reading a book at the time and out of the corner of my eye I saw the door move. It was shutting, so I put the book down and thought it was going to stop because it was hard to shut. But I watched it shut slowly, but surely, all the way. My eyes teared up in fear and I woke Alexis (telling her what happened) and we stayed up for about 10 more minutes before we fell asleep. In the morning, we woke up with my brother drawing mustaches on us. I asked him why he would do that and he said, "Because you're not allowed to lock the door."

About a year later, I was in the living room really late. I was watching TV and my mom told me it was time for bed. So, I turned off the TV and went around the kitchen and dining room to turn off all the lights. I began to walk up the steps and I heard the TV. I turned around and saw the TV was on again. I quickly turned it off and went to bed, not sure of how that happened.

Maybe in the same year (I'm not too sure), it was late and I was so tired. I got into bed and turned off the lights and was half asleep when it sounded like the papers that were on my dresser had hit the floor and were moving around. I turned on the light and saw them on the floor and I picked them up, thinking the fan was on high, so problem solved. But when I began to fall asleep again, I felt something move my hair. I turned my head to the other side thinking it was the fan again. I heard what sounded like someone's mouth open right next to my ear. I was so terrified, I laid there looking around in the dark. I worked up the courage to turn on the light and leave my room. I'm pretty sure I gave my mother a heart attack when I came downstairs bawling saying there was someone in my room. She sent my dad up to check it out, but nobody was there. I felt like I overreacted, so I let them sleep. I just decided to lie there with the lights on. As I was laying there, I got a strange assurance that it was just my mother's father.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Bunny12213, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-04)
bunny12213- Thanks for sharing. It is hard to say whether it was your grandfather or not... It did sound quite scary though 😕. Has anything else happened to you in that house?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: