You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: The Dark Shadowed Man

Real Ghost Stories

The Dark Shadowed Man

 

I've had quite a few paranormal experiences starting from when I was a small child. Feeling like there were spirits in my bedroom and even seeing a ghost at the end of my bed when I was 11. I was never frightened though, I always knew they were friendly spirits. However now it seems I have a dark entity attached to me and my mother.

As a teenager I experienced astral projection for the first time. I didn't know what was happening to me, I heard loud popping in my ears and had a tingling sensation throughout my body. I saw my spiritual body start to leave my physical body and forced myself to wake up, which was hard. Every time I tried to open my eyes only my spiritual eyes would open, I tried to yell out to wake myself but it felt like my mouth was open and no sound would come out. I watched my spiritual arm move in and out of my physical arm while trying to move my body. Not going to lie it freaked me out. After that I looked into it and found out my mother astral travels fairly often.

I'm 22 now and recently moved back into the family home after living away with my partner. One night while we were in bed he experienced astral projection and woke up in a fright. We have been together for 6 years and this is the only time I have ever seen him scared. He told me he saw a dark shadowed figure and it was trying to possess him. He said it was throwing him around the room controlling his spiritual body and he had to fight to get back to his physical body.

This happened several more times that night. I knew when because he would start breathing extremely heavily and his body would start shaking. I leaned over to turn the lamp on and would try to wake him up by talking to him and shaking him but he wouldn't respond. He usually wakes very easily. After awhile he opened his eyes and told me to be quiet and if it happened again not to turn on the lamp, because when I did the spirit looked around to see who had done it. My partner said the spirit didn't know anyone else was in the room.

I think this ghost may have now attached itself to me. Like I said I am currently staying at the family home and one night not too long ago I saw the dark shadow figure hovering right above me. It was only for a second but I know what I saw, I even saw his face. I was so startled by him I screamed and woke my mother.

After that I didn't see or feel his presence in my bedroom, however my mother now feels him in her bed sometimes, pressed up against her back while she lays on her side. She tells me that she thinks it may be trying to possess her because she starts to feel how she does right before astral projection but apparently it feels different somehow. She tells him, "Go away, I am stronger than you!" but it keeps happening to her every few nights.

Early this morning while sleeping in bed with my partner I kept hearing someone talking to me. I assumed it was my partner and woke him up three times in a row to ask him what he said as it was muffled. He told me he said nothing and I assumed I was dreaming. Then I heard the voice clearly. It was a man's voice and it sounded like it was distorted by a fan. It was deep, scratchy and quiet. He said "sleep... Sleep... Sleepyyyy." He was talking but it almost sounded like he was trying to sing it like a lullaby. It was the creepiest thing I have ever heard.

I was almost in a state of astral projection but not quite there and it's like he knew it. After my mother thinking he wants to possess her I worry he was trying to relax me into a spiritual state so he could try to possess me.

Later today after telling myself I was just dreaming, I told my mum about the voice and how I thought it might have been the ghost. She couldn't believe what I was describing to her because the ghost has been talking to her as well. She said she didn't tell me because she didn't want to sound crazy or like she was embellishing. I had trouble finding words to describe how he sounded. So she told me what it sounded like when he talked to her and it matched up.

There is no doubt in my mind that there is currently a ghost residing in my house. And I don't think its friendly.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Bunnie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-09)
Found your story fascinating and also slightly creepy, take the advice and please keep us updated. All the best.
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-07)
Hi Bunnie, welcome to YGS.

I second everything that Rook has suggested / said. I don't know Rook personally, but from what I gather, he is the perfect person to help you rid yourself from this negative spirit.

Good luck, and please keep us updated.😊
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-04-06)
Interesting...very interesting... As much as I would like to question you about this spirit I think you need to do a couple of things first... On my profile there is a 'insert religion/belief/faith of choice' cleansing/shielding method please use it ASAP and keep us updated.

Possession does not normally feel like the early phase/stage of astral travel... The spirit attempting it is trying to subdue our spirit and take control do our body... If it forced us out there is a chance that the 'link' that is part of a projection would not be formed and if our spirit becomes 'detached' completely... Well I won't mince words it's called DEATH results and a dead body does not move which would leave the spirit nothing to control.

It sounds as if your will is stronger than its so you should have little problem getting rid of this 'thing'.

Have you or your partner recently become owners of an older piece of furniture... Or jewelry... Anything new to you that has had previous owners? Or have either of you done a ghost hunt or maybe used a Ouija Board recently? Or maybe attended a seance? This spirit... If there is one... Has entered your life somehow and knowing 'where/when' can help in getting rid of it.

Please keep us posted...

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: