You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Dark Smokey Wraith!

Real Ghost Stories

A Dark Smokey Wraith!

 

For those of you who have read my previous story, "The incident of the Ring" you already know that this story is about the villa we lived in, in Doha, Qatar.

We lived in Doha from 2012 onward for a period of three years. Our villa was strange and many inexplicable incidents occurred there. One such one was of the ring that I have already mentioned in my previous story.

This particular incident happened in winter 2013. My youngest child was born in Doha, he's a very calm sweet child and even as a baby he never gave any of us much trouble.

One evening, he had drifted off to sleep, huddled in his blanket and I put him in his cot for a nap. I looked away and noticed that it was twilight and the sun had left an orangish purple glow in the sky. Typically Doha sunsets are not anything to write home about because of the haze and sand, (it's a desert) but in winter the sky clears and the dusts settles and sunsets are glorious. I moved away to look up at the sky and admire the gorgeous dying rays.

Suddenly I felt a chill in the room. The temperature felt colder, I knew the air conditioning was not running as it was winter. I turned away from the window to glance at my son, and standing next to his sleeping form, stood a shape, a tall pillar like presence. It was at least 8 feet tall, misty and black. I couldn't make out any particular feature, no facial feature, no eyes, just a figure that was misty rather like the Arab ladies in their black abayas and coverings and smoke like. It was just particularly tall.

I froze, as I had read tales in the Arabian folklore of beings like this. I recited a prayer, in Arabic basically saying I seek refuge God from Satan the accursed, and immediately the figure vanished. It left me shaken, and also thinking did I really see this.

I spoke at length to many friends and knowledgeable people and they confirmed that in Arabian folklore, the jinn sometimes come to take away newborn human babies and change them with one of their own. They are called in English I believe changelings. Robert Leibling's book Legend of the Fire spirits - jinns and genies from Arabia to Zanzibar is an amazing book and talks extensively on the subject.

Anyway I am a bit of a skeptic about the subject probably because it's the 21st century and why would a jinn want to take my baby and replace it with one of their own. Right...?

In conclusion, I'd just like to say, that I may be a skeptic on the subject of a supernatural kidnapping, but I wasn't about to take any chances on the jinn who was now making its presence known, whatever its intentions. I decided it was time for me to begin a through and exhaustive search for an exorcist. Easier said than done - in Qatar.

Other hauntings by Amena

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Amena, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

LuciaJacinta (8 stories) (291 posts)
+6
4 years ago (2020-06-13)
Interesting, I forgot about the concept of changelings until you brought it up. But the topic is very intriguing to me.
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-06-10)
You have indeed performed some research on both the jinn and changelings. I have nothing to add to your knowledge of the changeling phenomena only to say that the very few stories involving these creatures are hard to prove - especially after they have performed their switch with human babies. I fully support your actions and hope that you do not have any more incidents involving this entity.
Alina5 (3 stories) (136 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-06-10)
Hello Amena,

It was great to hear more from you. Just a few quick questions to satisfy my curiosity.

Have you ever noticed this creature prior or after this incident?

Is your house prone to the appearance of such entities?

Lastly, do you consider your house as haunted?

I recall in your previous post about a brief discussion on the existence of Jinn. Well, do you believe that your house probably is occupied by one?

Since the entity showed up for a brief interval of time it is quite difficult to comprehend wheather it had any malevolent intentions.

But considering the fact it disappeared as soon as you chanted some holy verses intensifies the doubt of its nature.

It would be interesting to learn other posters' perspective in this matter as to how they view it.

Sorry for not being much of a help. Hopefully, others satisfy you on this context.

Thanks for sharing

Peace

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: