You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: All In My Mind?

Real Ghost Stories

All In My Mind?

 

To start with a little background. I would like to say I have always been a strong believer in life after death and as such I have always been interested in the paranormal. I constantly read stories on this site as well as others. I also look up videos and homes/establishments that are claimed to be haunted.

I also used to dabble with an Ouija Board with my brother, only joking. As I got older and learned what power they can possess I put it up and haven't touched it since.

My family does not really believe strongly in the paranormal, even though both my mother and father have had moments where they could not explain something. I'm also pretty sure my grandfather was sensitive to a degree, but I cannot prove it. He told me he didn't believe in that "rubbish", but I didn't believe that for a minute.

I do have three different stories to tell. On one I'm not 100% if I was awake or sleeping and another one I'm not sure if I actually saw something or not. Either way, all these experiences have left too many questions unanswered and I'm hoping to get some sort of feedback on here. So thank you to those who read and can maybe give me some sort of answer to any or all.

#1 The first one happened when I was very young, I think 3-4 years old. I lived with my family in Seattle at this point and I was spending the night with my grandparents. I had had a dream that I was going to the airport with my grandmother to pick someone up. When there I remember waiting at the end of a ramp and all these people passed us, I never saw any faces on them. Suddenly this woman was coming towards us, she was the only person who's face I could see and I remember she had a soft white glow around her. I remember seeing her look down at me and smile. I woke up after that. I don't know why and I had no idea who this woman was, I had never seen her before in my life.

The next day when I woke up I started helping my grandmother re-arrange her den. She took a huge stack of pictures out of a drawer and sat down to look through them. I sat with her and she started telling the stories behind all the pictures. Eventually, halfway through the stack, she came across a picture of the woman I'd seen in my dream last night! I remember asking my grandmother who it was and she said it was her mother who had passed long before I was born. When she finished telling me I told her that I'd had a dream about going to meet her last night at the airport. My grandmother was silent for a while and told me that the last time she'd seen her mother was when she'd gone to the airport to pick her up.

Now that I'm older I think about this memory quite a lot and I'm honestly not sure what to make of it. Why would I dream of someone that I had never seen or met before? Our minds cannot put people in a dream that we had not seen before but I saw her, so what should I make of it?

#2 The second experience that I had happened when I was about 12-13 years old, we were still living in Seattle at the time. It was a beautiful sunny day during July or August so my family decided to go on a walk. On our way back we came down our street from the opposite end of where our house was. It was a clear path and the sun was high as it was around 1 in the afternoon.

My two brothers ran ahead of us to try to beat each other to the video games. My parents and younger sister lagged behind so I was in the middle of the group, daydreaming as I went. Our house was on a small incline and was surrounded by a large wooden fence we'd put up two summers prior so you could see into our backyard. There was also a large thorn bush at the end of our property, that split into our neighbors.

Earlier that week we had our driveway repaved because it had been damaged and we couldn't park our cars in the driveway. While the pavement was drying we had parked our car right outside our neighbors house by the thorn bush. Right across from our neighbors house and kitty corner from us, was our other elderly neighbor.

As I was walking along I remember getting a strange sensation and a strong urge to look at my elderly neighbors house. When I looked up I remember seeing a dark, cloaked figure kind of zigzagging his way across her property and then dodging behind our parked car. My eyes widened and I made a mad dash for our car, yelling at my parents that someone was hiding behind it. Whatever had made its way behind our car had never emerged on the other side, so I knew it was still there.

When I finally got to our car I walked all around it, looked under the car, and opened it up, but nothing was there! I was sure I had seen something, but nothing/no one was there. I didn't know what to think. After a while I just brushed it off that it had been all in my mind and went back home.

I'm 22 now and I almost always think about this moment when I read stories on here. When I was younger I brushed it off, but now looking back on it I KNOW I saw something, I just don't know what.

#3 This happened just a few years ago when I was 18 and my family had just moved to Cle Elum. We had gotten a deal on a carriage house that had gone to auction. Knowing what kind of house we were moving to, I started doing research because I know older houses may have some history. Much to my disappointment it was only 14 years old and only had 1 previous owner who died while on vacation out of the country. Nonetheless, I followed my cat all through the house to see if she sensed something. Nope.

Our first few nights there my family all slept in the living room as our rooms weren't ready to live in yet. The first night that my sister and I could sleep in our rooms I remember having a really weird experience. I remember feeling a huge weight on my body to the point that I could not move at all. I then felt hands around my neck and felt something violently shake me. I remember opening my eyes to see a large man, maybe in his 40-50's over me, looking angry and telling me I needed to leave. Soon after I closed my eyes, the weight lifted and I went to sleep. I woke up the next morning, convinced I had been dreaming.

The next night, however, I had the same dream (?) I never had it again after that. To this day I'm still not sure if it actually happened or I was just dreaming.

Thanks to those who took the time to read this, any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SnazzyPenguin, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-23)
Snazzy - interesting accounts! I only have input for your first experience. I do believe your great grandma came to just say hello to you and possibly send a message to your grandma through you. Perhaps ask your grandmother if she hold s a grudge on herself due to something she didn't do for her mom. Maybe it was your great grandmother's way of telling her it's ok. It is very much possible to dream of people we have not met... In this lifetime 😉. Ever had a dream you knew you were you but you looked different? I believe those dreams are from past lives, that's why we don't look like that but we know that's us. When we sleep, and our breathing is at most normal, we go into another realm and that's when we are easily in-tuned with the paranormal. This is all my own beliefs, just sharing. Hope it helps. Maybe you are just keen to the paranormal. And because you are a brave soul, the big man entity can't touch you again. Good luck!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: