You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Mirrors Do Not Naturally Fall From Walls

Real Ghost Stories

Mirrors Do Not Naturally Fall From Walls

 

Three years ago I moved from Calgary to Edmonton (both of these cities are in Alberta) and I am pretty sure my house is haunted. Many incidences have happened in my house, but I will only mention one.

This first incident happened about two years after I moved into my new home.

It was during the summer and my parents were out at a karaoke bar. It was pretty late, and I was just sitting on a couch in the living room, playing on my iPad. I have three dogs and for some reason they seemed really nervous. They kept pacing around and growling a bit. It was also unusually cold in the house, especially for the summer.

Suddenly I heard a huge crashing noise and from where I was sitting I couldn't see what it was. I felt really frozen with fear. After I got over the shock, I went around the corner, to check the stairs and the front door.

We have an entrance room that has a coffee table with a mirror hanging on the wall above it. The coffee table also has a bunch of picture frames and rocks from our travels on it.

When I entered the entrance room, to check the front door, the mirror had fallen off the wall. All the stuff on the table was scattered on the floor. There is NO WAY that mirror could have fallen, it was literally nailed to the wall.

I went outside, with my dogs, waiting for my parents to get home. My parents did get home, but they don't believe in the supernatural. They are the type of parents that think there is a "reasonable explanation" for everything.

I know for sure that there is no explanation, other then a supernatural cause, for that particular incident.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ObsidianSpark21, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

NorthCoastie (4 stories) (72 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-01)
A mirror falling off a wall in itself isn't necessarily paranormal... Nails come out, strings loosen, gravity is always at work! Dogs definitely are more sensitive to the spirit world than we are, that's for sure. What other experiences have you had?
Hades666 (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-30)
You mention that other incidences have occurred in your house, would you mind sharing those too? It may be possible that something supernatural is linked to that incident but I think the small details help a lot as well.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-30)
Ok, you say it was nailed to the wall. Was the nail through the frame of the mirror, or was the mirror attached to the nail by a hook? Had the frame or hook broken? Was the nail in the wall securely, nailed into a stud? Was it nailed into a wall with no stud behind it? For this particular event, there are possible, non paranormal explanations. Did you check into those possible explanations? Always, always, always try to debunk a possible paranormal experience.
Darkangel73 (4 stories) (127 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-30)
I would keep an eye on the dogs, the are great ghost detectors. I honestly can't tell you anything but keep a watchful eye.
M1cr0b1al (3 stories) (38 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-30)
This is ironic, I was just searching for stories on this site that are based in Edmonton!

I, too, live in Edmonton and had a similar incident occur about ten years ago when I was fifteen.

I was living in my families home, when suddenly - in the middle of the night - I heard a very loud crashing sound.

Everyone was asleep at the time, all the windows and doors were closed, and it was probably around 4am (although that's speculation). I woke up instantly and grabbed a baseball bat, and rushed out of my room. I saw that both my parents had also woken up and ran out of their room as well. However, both my sisters (one and two years younger than myself) had not noticed it, and were still asleep.

We ran downstairs to see what had happened; I'm sure we were both thinking someone had broken in. We didn't see anything at all, and were searching around for quite some time, completely puzzled.

I then looked near the backdoor (which you need to take a 'L' shaped hallway to get to) when I noticed glass, spread out all over the backdoor entrance.

It was the light fixture that had fallen. However, this light fixture was one of those "Circular Bowl" shaped ones. Ours, in particular, were not easy to install into their fixtures, or removed. There are a number of steps to take in order to remove one, and it is almost a two-person job, with our design.

That certainly is not the only potentially paranormal issue in that household (unfortunately, I haven't shared any yet, brand new to this site).

May I ask what community in Edmonton this story took place in?

Our house was in Glenora.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: