You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Your Soul Is Mine

Real Ghost Stories

Your Soul Is Mine

 

This story is one of my husband's, we will call him Mystical Avenger, and currently I am typing this for him, this is all true... We hope you enjoy!

This story is one of my many ghostly and paranormal experiences. The year was 1981. I and my family of seven lived in an old 19th century, white, dingy, clapboard house in Willard, Utah. The house would've been demolished, as it was in terrible disrepair, except for the fact my family had agreed to attend the alfalfa farm.

The house set far back in off of the highway, by means of a long dirt drive. It was an antique craftsman, two storeys, with three full bedrooms upstairs and two downstairs.

At this point I should mention we had no electricity, natural gas, sewer, or fresh running water. My father and grandfather installed a fifty-five gallon drum wood stove for heat. To the west of the house, about twenty-five yards away, was an old fresh water well, which I and my brothers were responsible for taking turns bailing water to the house. A five gallon pickle bucket is how we bailed water.

On that particular day, it was my turn to bail water to the house all day. I was ten years old and maybe sixty pounds so you could imagine that I was totally exhausted. There were three of us boys and two girls and you could imagine that the girls were not asked to bail water, or cut firewood.

It was brutally cold, deep in a northern Utah winter. And my two brothers kept the wood burning stove burning all day. I had to chip ice chunks to put in the bucket from the well, and then haul the forty pound or more water weight into the house to be melted. It was physically draining and back breaking, and cold. Being frozen and ever so tired, I set off to bed upstairs in the middle room, where I and my next older brother slept in a single sized bed. I crept into bed, off of the old frigid hardwood floor and blew my candle out.

The bed rested with our heads next to an upstairs jutting window and was so drafty that by morning, our top quilts would have a layer of ice on them. The darkness was stifling as the house was at least a quarter mile from any light sources. As I said I was exhausted. I pulled the blankets up over my head to breathe my own warm steamy breath onto my body, as this was a technique of staying warm. I could see the faint light of my brother's candle, as he put his out and got into bed next to me.

This is where things got really weird! About thirty minutes had passed and I began hearing my brother snore. Then, suddenly and abruptly, I heard on my side of the bed, what sounded like a man's boots walk up from my feet to my head. I heard deep, heavy breathing and was frozen with fear. I opened my eyes under the blankets and I saw the silhouette of what I can only describe as Satan! In a deep, raspy demonic voice, he said, "Trevor! You're mine!" I shuddered in horror as I could feel his gross heat! I tried screaming out for my mom but couldn't.

Then he said, "Your soul is mine!" I was so terrified! Then, all of a sudden, his pitch darkness stood next to me. I remembered my dear Gram's words... "Pray to God, honey, and say IN THE NAME OF GOD, TAKE THEE HENCE SATAN AND ALL EVIL AWAY FROM ME!"

I said just that and there was a "whooosh" sound. I awoke to see the sun shining brightly through our window, and that was the beginning of my many true life trials and battles against Satan himself. I've had many encounters with Satan, demons, and ghosts in my 43 year life, but that event shapes who I am and who I've become even to this day!

So friends of YGS, if you had sleep paralysis or been abducted, remember in faith you can stop the experience by saying gram's wonderful, wise words... "In the name of God, take thee hence Satan and all evil away from me! Amen!"

God bless you and thank you for your time, I will have my wonderful wife twisterwatcher7 type more of my life long experiences if you like?

Thank you,

Mystical Avenger...

Other hauntings by twisterwatcher7

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Utah

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, twisterwatcher7, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lexi-loo (1 stories) (175 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-17)
if I was you I would have threw my brother at him and ran a mile 😲!
MikeArcAngel (2 stories) (21 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-04)
I'm not going to say your story is fake or legit. The apparition itself could and probably is very real. Even though points of your story send up red flags to me I still can relate because of a few of my own experiences. A short while ago I had a frightening encounter with a demon and I still am dealing with a few after effects. Just the fact that your husband claims to have seen it is enough proof at least to himself. Showing faith towards god can help tremendously during events like these as well as prevent them from happening in the first place. Once you have complete faith in god, nothing can break it. I bid you good day:)
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-15)
I am totally agreed with redwolf. Exhaustion could cause hallucination because carbon monoxide cuts down the oxygen supply of cerebral blood flow and cerebral oxygen consumption of any normal healthy person.

Regards
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-15)
twisterwatcher7
The next time you write a story please do not say the story is 100% true. That sends a red flag up that it may not be.
As for a wood burning stove, I have one and it radiates so much heat I doubt a dry blanket would have ice on it in the morning. You could have moved the bed away from the window. I know from experience that exhaustion can cause hallucinations especially when you think you are awake you are asleep. After one back surgery I had such a realistic nightmare that demons were coming for me I thought I was reaching for a weapon but in actuality I tore out my I.V. And opened a wound drain and almost jumped out of the bed. Bad idea when you just had your whole Lumbar Spine fused.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-12)
oh never mind, my bad. I get what you are saying now... My apologies. It was a newer comment.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-12)
Sam - know what? If you are referring to what Rook mentioned, it is in comments or else Rook wouldn't know either.
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-12)
How come we didn't know this before? Seriously, it would have helped to tell this in the story or at least in an earlier comment!
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-12)
tw7,

Congrats on your husbands illness being in remission... I can also well believe his Father was abusive AND the fact that someone with his kind of illness MAY have many paranormal experiences because they themselves are close to the veil (I hope that does not sound to 'unfeeling' it is not ment that way).

I am gong to park the Miss Demeanor out along the fence line of the back 40 and hope you share another of your husbands stories soon... That is if he is willing to let you do so.

Respectfully,

Rook
twisterwatcher7 (4 stories) (10 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-11)
Hi guys... Yes, this story has obviously caused quite a stir... It probably was a shadow figure he seen... My husband's family was very poor and it is very hard to believe that in the 80s, that people go without heat, lights and running water. I couldn't believe it either, but my husbands dad was very abusive to him and his siblings and didn't think utilities was necessary. My husband is in remission and he has seen a ton of entities in his life. You would not believe how many paranormal encounters he's had.:) I just want to say that I really appreciate everyone's input...:) as far as the house goes, it was a mixture of craftsman.:)
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-02-11)
Okay y'all - obviously this story has created quite a bit of conversation. But I think it's time we all move on to other stories. Any further comments of this nature will be deleted.

Thanks 😊
Manafon (4 stories) (74 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-11)
ifihadyoux--you are right. I joined the site because I was interested in sharing and reading real accounts of the paranornal. I am happy there is a site like this one that clearly shows many people experience the unexplained and that, to me, is a reassuring thought. When someone posts merely to get a rise out of others it undermines the serious intent of the site.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+4
9 years ago (2015-02-11)
SAM,

I am not saying that homes with no gas/power/indoor plumbing do not exisit... I am also not saying some kids do not get treated like that... Both exisit in the world and that completely sucks.

What I am saying is that I DO NOT believe this particular tale of modern day (1981) 'share cropper'.

Its the whole story I do not beleive... Purhaps the husband is actually sick... But if so the conditions the family lived would allowed a very slim chance of survival. So could ths have been a fecer dream due to illness or exhaustion... YOU BET... Was this a paranormal experience, in my humble opinion, HECK NO.

Respectfully,

Rook
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-02-11)
Manafon - you're right to some extent that it is possible that they are just trying to get a stir out of us and I was thinking the same thing before reading your comment. A lot of users on this site take pride that their stories are true and that most stories on this website are true. However when the ones that are not true come through, and the op takes us all for a ride when we think they just need our help, tend to take a toll on us every now and then.
Manafon (4 stories) (74 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-02-11)
I am quite new to this site but this story has really caused a lot of emotional responses. Mostly of the negative variety. Wouldn't a good response to a story most don't believe be to just ignore it? It's possible the couple posting the story wanted just the reaction they are now getting. Might be best to ignore it and the poster will have to move on to something else.
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-11)
Yeah, I have had enough.
Farm life, right? Most people go to bed on a farm around 9 or ten so that they can get up early enough to do their chores (personal experience). So that is at least 8 hours of sleep. In below freezing conditions. In a bed covered with ice.

Ice forms at 32 degrees. To keep it frozen, it has to get colder. So let's just say he was living in 25 degree conditions. Since you don't move while sleeping, your body is not creating heat to keep itself warm. Not to mention the wetness from the melting ice from regular body heat. I googled the winter temperatures for that city, and it is indeed around 20-25 degrees as an average for the low (which is night), and even as low as 2.

I am supposed to believe he always slept in ice, for hours, and yet didn't get even mild hypothermia? With an immune compromised system from childhood cancer? Really?

This makes no sense. No person who heats their house with a wood stove sleeps in ice. That makes no sense and I know several people who did heat their house that way. You sleep next to the stove.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-02-11)
Sam- though it would be nice, the op doesn't have to prove anything just so other believe them. I'm pretty sure you've been told this before
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-11)
Mystic Avenger,
Before I the decision as whether to believe this or not I need to know why you would have to "battle" satan all your life, if he is real I know he would just go after some random person. Though I don't think I will ever believe Satan unless I see proof; I can look at your story in a point of view that Satan is real and it makes me ask that question, so in case he does exist, I would need to know that. (sorry for sounds so confusing)
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-02-11)
Elnora; that was my first tip that the story wasn't true. Haha.

Miracles; I thought the same thing but realized it wasn't. I am pretty sure I told that other person though and thought about doing the same here.

BJJ; shhhh shhhh would you like some warm milk?

Notjustme; can you just stop being a great detective and opening my eyes to this I clearly missed in the story? Kthanks 😆

Babygoatpuller; I agree

And lastly twisterwatcher7; I understand the story as a whole however I still do not believe it. It is plausible that you are typing this for him because he doesn't want to make his own account, my boyfriend would be the exact same. It is also plausible he sees shadow people and he believes it was 'Satan' however I don't think it was. Not only do I think early catholics used the God's horn imagery from pagan beliefs to make a christian Satan to downplay paganism and try to make them ashamed for their beliefs, if this lord of the deamons really exists, which I have heard of numerous other names that are much more fancier than 'Satan', he doesn't just roam around Earth looking for souls. Again, catholic teachings used to scare believers into behaving and not breaking their 10 commandments.
With that being said, I do believe in 'not good entities' that can have ill will towards humans but that's just all they are, not leaders of the underworld. I believe these ill willed entities will change form into what scares you the most, that being your imagery of 'Satan'. I honestly think something came at your husband and tried to scare him and that is all. Your husband's soul was fine and is still fine, the entity was probably trying to have some fun.

For those that read that long response, thank you but it as really bugging me.
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-11)
Rook I don't think you should "throw the bs blanket" so quick like that for those reasons. There are kids who have been treated like that, and there still are. And I don't understand why no electricity was reason, there are still a lot of people today without electricity, I know someone in the next town over from mine that has no electricity because they choose so, even a lot of Amish people don't have electricity. And you asked what they cooked on, well itching its obvious that they cooked over a wood stove. I'm not trying to be mean, but I don't think that's fair to call it bs first thing just because of that.
jynnantonnix (2 stories) (21 posts)
+4
9 years ago (2015-02-11)
Chiming in with a few more questions/comments...

I'm not doubting that your husband believes that all this happened, but is it possible that his non-paranormal childhood experiences, if they are remembered accurately and without exaggeration, might have been traumatic enough to trigger some sort of delusion or hallucinations?

And as to the childhood leukemia, how old was he when he went through that? How long and how difficult was his recovery? Did he remain in remission? Did his family continue to push him so mercilessly throughout?

I can't help but think that if your husband's upbringing was as brutal as he describes it could not have helped but have some impact on his mental health as well. Not meaning that he is mentally ill, you understand, just that there are bound to be repercussions of some sort.
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
-2
9 years ago (2015-02-11)
Twisterwatcher7 and Mystical Avenger,
Thank you for sharing your experiance. I don't believe satan or god or any higher power for that matter, but I've read about them, I have read the bible, but I'm going to ask a Question even though I don't beilieve Satan, but if he was/ is real this is what I would ask; why would Satan be encounters by you or appear to you so many times through out your life (like you say)? Like there has got to be some reason behind that.
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2015-02-11)
Ummmm... I think you're going to need a bigger blankie Rook. 😆
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+6
9 years ago (2015-02-10)
Point one... 19th century clapboard house or antique craftsman? The House this was experienced in cannot be both.

The Upstairs bedroom was so drafty that there was ICE on your top blankets when your woke up?!? Why not sleep in the room with the wood burning stove?

I can believe the no indoor plumbing... But no electric... No natural gas... What did the family cook on?

A 10 year old hauling two thirds their own body weight in ice?

These are a FEW of the reasons I have broke out the BS BLANKIE... And I have not mentioned the 'paranormal' part of this yet.

But I do have a question based on your Hubands lifelong battle with Satan... Is every spirit or ghost a Demon because the Bible tells you so?

Respectfullly (?),

Rook
twisterwatcher7 (4 stories) (10 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-10)
We didn't take offense to any comments...:)) I really do appreciate everyone's input...
twisterwatcher7 (4 stories) (10 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-02-10)
Hi guys... Thank you for your comments... My husband's ID is mystical avenger and he doesn't have an email, so he will be telling his stories through me. You all have very good points... And he is also a survivor of childhood leukemia and he's always been a conduit for ghostly activity. And I just want to say he thanks you all for reading the story and he hopes you all understand that he has walked close to the edge of life and death his whole life and so he's had a ton of spiritual experiences. He would like to clear up the part about seeing Satan through the blankets... This was one of many experiences of which he's saw shadow people and it is very hard to explain, but the darkness from their outline is so dark, that it stands out... This particular experience was different than his later shadow people experiences in that the demon glowed red and white hot and he saw his features. He is very open minded and realize that he and his family were living in very dark times and he was only 10 years old. Again, he really appreciates your comments, both good and bad and in no way meant to offend anyone. He wanted to introduce himself as mystical avenger...:) I really appreciate your guy's comments...:)) this story is all true...:))
francyne1031 (49 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-02-10)
I don't think he said it was satan. Only that he could describe it as satan. I took that as a description as to what he saw. Also, my father, has my mother type most all his corespondents to sub contractors,owners, etc... He has always done so for the 47 years they have been married. How I took it was she introduced herself in the beginning then only typed what he dictated? Just a thought before some are down right rude and so black and white.
Also he could have been under blankets and pulled the sheet over his head. I know you can definitely see through a sheet if the other side has any light. Maybe it was a full moon? Or maybe he just pulled over the top quilt, which we all know quilts are riddled with holes:)
Just some thoughts before jumping the gun. If you don't believe something and have questions, I can see that. But the way certain people jump together on others stories to just be rude or act sarcastic, etc... Is disheartening for other who want to share experiences.
kariorit (1 stories) (23 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-10)
Okay, I can tell you that this wasn't satan. You are not that important to his world. That's not to say that you don't matter, but he has other things to do than harrass individuals.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-02-10)
Hmmm appears I am wrong. It must have been another member who starts their stories out with claims that they are 100% true. Sorry about that.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-10)
elnora - sometimes just one word would suffice, like now. No. 😉 and I seriously thought that had already been brought to their attention 😕
elnoraemily (guest)
+3
9 years ago (2015-02-10)
This is rude, and I am sorry, but am I the only person who starts not believing something when the words "This is all true" or "I swear this is 100%" true are stressed?

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: