You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost Of A Child

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Of A Child

 

My name is Mark and I just wanted to share a story with you. Back in 1998 when my ex-wife Rhett and I moved into our first house with our two girls random weird things started to happen after a few months of living there.

The stereo would turn up on its own (not a remote controlled stereo). You could watch the knob turning as it happened. We would just laugh it off saying I guess a ghost must like the song. Our names would be called and we would think it was each other calling out from the other room. There were several times I would place my keys on the table when I came home from work only to find them somewhere else later. The girls' toys where always moved from one place to another.

The most defining thing was on a night when both our girls were spending the night with friends. At about 2:00 am I started hearing a little girl standing at the end of the bed saying, "Mom, Mom, Mom" over and over. In my half asleep/half awake state, I was thinking (toward my wife), "Would you please get up and answer your child?" when all of a sudden my wife sits up and says, "What?" She then ask me if I heard that. I said, "Yes, one of the girls was calling for you." She then said, "The girls are not here, remember?" I was fully awake by then so I got up and looked around inside the house. No one was there but the wife and I.

The next day while talking to the neighbor about it, she told us the people who lived there before us had a 6 year old girl who had passed. She was cremated and her ashes where buried with a tree planted outside our bedroom window.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mark5362, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Cman710 (9 stories) (94 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-23)
Wow, very creepy. I would have been thoroughly spooked out at least. Sad that she died at such a young age too.: (But your comment about how the boy blamed "the girl who lives in the closet" definitely gave me even more chills. Can't even imagine why she would be in there.
Argette (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-05)
Sad story, Mark, but I thank you for sharing it. I have friends who live in a house where a very unhappy woman died, and they hear a woman calling their names sometimes. That's not all, but it's similar to your former situation.
mark5362 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-05)
I haven't lived there in years and if the girls ever saw her they never mentioned it. I knew the people I sold the house to and informed about it before they moved in and yes things still happen. They told me about a time when they where having the ac fixed and the tech couldn't find his screwdriver. He asked their little boy if he had taken the screwdriver and he replied. (no the girl who lives in the closet did) he was 3yrs old at the time.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-05)
hi, nice story. The sweet child unfortunately died so young. You should clear your house to get free to her from ghost entity.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-04)
Nice story.
Do you know if your daughters ever saw the little ghost girl?
I agree with geetha50, it would had be a good idea to try to help her to cross over.
Thanks for sharing your experience with us.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-04)
It must have freaked you and the ex out. I take it that you are not there anymore. Were you able to talk to the owners that came after you and see if they experienced anything? If you were still there, I would have suggested doing a cleansing of some sort to help the child cross over. I don't think that s/he knew that they died.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: