You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Great Grandma's Last Farewell ?

Real Ghost Stories

Great Grandma's Last Farewell ?

 

I was about 10 or 11 when this happened but I still remember it clearly as if it was yesterday... While our house was being renovated, we (my mom, my sister and I) were staying at our Mom's Parents house. My Great Grandma had died a few years earlier in that same room we were sleeping in. In the hallway we had one of those christmas bells hanging from one of the door handles. The night was absolutely windstill and all the doors were shut. It was 2:30 a.m. when that little bell suddenly started to ring very loudly. Normally my mom and my sister should have awoken by that noise. But no way. They said they didn't here a thing during that night.

When I told my mom what I had experienced during the night, she looked at me as if I were totally nuts. My sister also didn't believe me as she doesn't believe in ghosts or any supernatural happenings. Later I found out that my great Grandma had died at 2:30 a.m. Exactly 4 years earlier. Somehow I know it was her saying her last goodbye to me...

I have to say that we had been living in the U.S. And just returned after my parents had divorced. I wasn't there when my Great Grandma died but I had been close with her even though I was still so little.

What do you think?

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Butterfly84, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-26)
Dear Butterfly84,

In my opinion, our loved ones do stop by to visit us and they will give us signs to let us know that they are present in our lives. Their signs are usually signs that relate to them, and ones that we will make a connection with. In your case, your great-grandmother used the jingling of a familiar door handle, Christmas bells to get your attention.

We all experience paranormal experiences on different levels and in different ways according to our own awareness and knowledge. It is up to us to figure out where we are and empower ourselves to believe in ourselves, even if others have not yet reached our level of awareness or we have not yet reached their level. You are not alone. Be patient, all things will come at their own time with bells on.--Abby
ghosthost (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-26)
It's nice to hear that you felt like the experience was a good one and not scared by it. Your thoughts could be absolutely correct and should be cherished . I was moving out of a house one time that I know was haunted and while I was standing in the kitchen boxing things up the cabinet door that I had just opened slammed shut just as I had emptied out the cabinet. I think that that was my farewell from my unseen co-inhabitant. Cant say I particularly enjoyed it though. 😆
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-26)
that's a nice story yeah my family think I'm going mad cause I experience all things strange and they don't.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-25)
Thank you for sharing your story with us. It is an exceptional gift when out loved ones reach out to tell us good bye. I am certain she is now at peace.

God Bless!
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-25)
Hi Butterfly84. I agree that it must be your Great Grandma, too much coincidence with the time frame and all. She must have felt she needed to say a special good-bye to you, that's sweet! ❤
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-25)
I think loved ones do return to let us know how much we are loved and missed by them. Thank you for sharing your story with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: