You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Footsteps and More

Real Ghost Stories

Footsteps and More

 

My husband and I have 4 children. We moved into our 40 year old home (we think it is actually closer to 44 years old) last year. Since then, I have heard footsteps on the stairs (like a light weight adult's steps) when no one is up. (I will check... Everyone asleep). The steps seem to stop at the entryway of my bedroom, the master bedroom.

Sometimes when this happens my border collie will charge up the stairs, run into my room and hide her head in the corner. She usually isn't like this. I have heard this several times, with no one around, all still sleeping. I have been in bed and felt the covers "pull down" tight on one side of my body, yet no one is there to sit next to me. I turn over... No one there at all.

About a month or so ago, I went downstairs to let me dog outside. It was around 3:30 AM (this is when most of the activity happens). I let her out, left the back door a jar and went into the bathroom downstairs just a few feet a way from the dining room. The DR has ceramic tile flooring with 6 wooden chairs at the table. I heard three loud scraping noises... Someone scooting the chairs under the table. The noise is very distinctive as my kids do this all the time. I froze thinking someone had come in the house through the backdoor that I left open for our dog. I went into the DR, no one there... dog still outside. She would have normally barked and come back inside. Three chairs were pulled out from under the table.

About 2-3 weeks ago, I was sitting here at my PC and felt a hand rest on my ribs. I thought one of my kids came up behind me. No one was there. CLEARLY, someone put their hand on my ribs. Then, within a few minutes "someone" tapped on my shoulder... again, no kids, no one. (I went to check them... watching TV.) I have no idea what is going on.

I have been somewhat skeptical of ghosts but now am open to ANY suggests! Thank you so much. Also, it seems to be me that observe these things (one of my daughters did hear the footsteps on one occasion). I am not crazy. Just a mom to 4 kids, go to church Sunday school, etc. I had to put an AC unit in my room which helps to block out the footsteps.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Cat, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-26)
Dear Cat,

You are like the many of us here on this site who have encounters with ghosts and other paranormal experiences and entities. This does not mean you are crazy.

You may wish to do your own personal research on your home's history, check with neighbors and ask around. Please also consider doing more research about the subject of ghosts and other paranormal experiences that may relate to your present experiences. You may find much helpful information here on this site and sister sites. Please also consider all advice already given on your page and on this site by all of the kind and frequent ygs family of posters. :)

Please refer to my advice that I gave on the story, "Two Spirits or One?"

Frankly, I would suggest to do everything that you feel within yourself and your belief system that will work, and keep trying until you find resolve. If all else fails in resolve, just move.--Abby
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-26)
I have ghosts in my house cause I've seen them. I have them in my dreams as well. My house isn't old its a new house. Houses don't have to be old to be haunted most houses have ghosts in it the ghosts don't know there dead so they think your house is there house. If you want them to go all you have to say is PLEASE LEAVE say it nicely though and make sure they can hear you. I hear footsteps and voices all the time.
Shenny (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-26)
Hiya Cat, I think Shane's idea will come in handy. Just a question, did you guys build the house? Or did you guys buy it? Either way I can help you out. My parents and relations are into all this spirits and energy reading and communicating. Anyway since I was little I've been travelling a lot! (With my family and relations of course!) Looking/helping people that have problems with loads of thing i.e Spirits.
This problem you're having is pretty common here, I can tell you what exactly is wrong if you're ready to listen and take it all in.

Take care & God bless.
Shenny.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-25)
Hey Cat! You told your story really well. Did you know that they say the real 'witching hour' is between 3 and 4 A.M.? And animals always seem to be sensitive to spirits? I agree with Shane, you've got a little prankster living with you who just wants a little attention. I don't think you're crazy at all, you should believe your own eyes! Maybe, since for the most part, you're the only one who sees and feels anything (and your dog of course!) the spirit has a special fondness for you. If it's too unnerving for you, try asking it to move on and let it know that your house isn't the place it should be. Tell it that it is disturbing to you and you would like it to leave you in peace. I don't think you should be afraid. 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-25)
It sounds like there is a presence in your house, not one wanting to cause any harm or serious disturbance, just wants to be sure you know it is there.

You could try Shanes suggestions (very effective) I would also suggest praying, praying, praying. Tell the entity you would like it to leave in the name of God. Place crosses in your home, especially the bed rooms. Bibles are also essential, and read from them.

Whatever is in you home may be frightened to cross over. ATell it not to be afraid and cross over to the light for peace.

Keep us posted.

God Bless!
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-25)
Well you are not crazy that is for sure, because you know the old saying, "Crazy people don't know they are crazy". Sounds like you just have a playful little spirit running around. Maybe have your home blessed or a native smudge ceremony perform upon it to help release any trapped energies. Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: