You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Is My Grandma There?

Real Ghost Stories

Is My Grandma There?

 

This is not really much of a big paranormal story that you can find on here. I am a slight believer of the paranormal. Here is my story.

My Grandma died a few years ago in hospital and with her living so far away from me, I never got to say goodbye and it has stayed with me ever since, the thought of knowing I never had the chance to say goodbye and tell her how much I love her.

My Nan and Grandad renewed their vows last year in September, but before the big day they had a rehearsal. My Nan had told me that during the rehearsal there was a butterfly that came in with them and sat on the chair in the church watching the entire time and came out with them. On the big day of the renewal, there was once again that same butterfly - according to my Nan it was the same one.

The thing is, my Grandma absolutely loved butterflies, in her conservatory she has butterflies of all different colours and sizes on the wall. We even have a butterfly in our house upon the wall as a reminder of her.

Anyways, recently my mum was at home and she was talking about the butterfly appearance to her friend, and as soon as she spoke of this a tennis ball came rolling through the dining room into the living room and stopped still at my mum's feet. The tennis ball was not in any place where it could have just rolled, it was in my brother's toy box.

I sometimes get this presence feeling, this is mainly when I am upset. I had a bit of a fallout with my dad, and as you can imagine I was crying - but at this time I felt a warm and calm presence with me, and after that everything worked out. My dad phoned me and we sorted things out.

I really want to know, is this my Grandma? Is she looking over me?

Other hauntings by pet-butterfly

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, pet-butterfly, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

pet-butterfly (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-08)
Hi sorry for my late reply I have been away. I know, and I have been hoping it was her if it is anyone/anything. But when it happens or I can feel a something with me, I'm not afraid... Infact I feel the complete opposite of afraid!:)
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-28)
Something really ladylike about the way the spirit is going about this. I second - er... Third the Griff. Those grandmothers are awesome aren't they.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-28)
Griff84 -I don't think I could have worded it better myself 😁

Pet-butterfly - Most of the time our gut feeling is always right ❀
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-28)
Hi pet-butterfly, Obviously no one can tell you for definite whether this is your Grandma looking over you or not.

I would just say it is very coincidental that a butterfly appears twice at a very special occasion and then the tennis ball incident when the butterfly's were being discussed, very curious indeed πŸ˜‰

I know what I would believe if this were me😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: