You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Friendly Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

My Friendly Ghost

 

Let me start by saying I've never really been a big believer of ghosts and sprits but for awhile I was having some crazy experiences that even made me second guess myself.

When I was 25, I bought my first home in Andrews Farm in South Australia. The last night at my mum's house I was woken up by what felt like someone grabbing my ankle. When I woke up, my digital photo frame turned itself on and began flashing. I just sat there and watched this for a while then it would stop. After a minute or so it would do it again. I woke up my now husband to show him and sure enough it happened again, his response was 'oh cool' then he went back to sleep. Thinking it was an electrical item, it must be faulty so I went back to sleep.

Once I moved into my new house, I was feeling uneasy but I thought it was due to 'settling in the new house.' Whenever I was alone strange things would begin to happen, which was annoying for I wanted others to see it too. At one stage my brother was leaving my house (he just lived around the corner) and as soon as I walked back into the house, my table lamp turned on. Another occasion, I came out one morning to find my lounge room rug rolled up and placed nicely against the wall. I told a friend at work about this and he really believed in the supernatural, he told me he thinks it's a ghost that is attached to me, so we named the ghost "Casper."

I did some research on how to talk to spirits so I was just waiting for my next encounter. Sure enough, as soon as I was alone, the radio turned itself on. I walked over to it and saw the volume turning up, so I turned it down. Then VROOOM the volume shot straight up, right there in front of me. I turned the radio off and nicely said "I don't know who you are, or why you are following me. I'm fine here and I give you permission to leave, please leave."

Since then, I haven't had any problems. I think the ghost was friendly for I didn't feel scared around it. I'm thinking it was to ensure I was safe and once I said I was fine, it left. I've never had anything like this happen to me, so I'm interested in what others think. My husband is a non-believer and that's why I said 'Casper' never wanted to be around him.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lou85, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-06-15)
Hi Lou,
Welcome to YGS. It's possible that 1) the entities were separate, 2) these were just passing by and not truly attached to you. I agree that it must have been friendly, as it listened to you. And kudos to you for not totally freaking out, but speaking to it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: