You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Great-grandma

Real Ghost Stories

My Great-grandma

 

My great-grandmother was born in 1920. She was always happy and cheery and she was also a GREAT cook. My family has italian origins, which means she was italian. She loved cooking italian stuff like canolis and delicious pizza. Unfortunately, she died when she was 94, four months ago.

I'm really into the paranormal, but I had never had a relative die in my family that was so close to me. I was in school, and she died at 9:20, which is weird because she was born in 1920. That's not the weird part. When she died, I was in Social Studies class, and I started feeling very nauseous and sick and had a big headache. My great-grandma, her name was Ada, was really sick and her lungs were filled with liquids. I threw up liquids. When I got home, I didn't tell my mom because she never believed me anyways. She was crying and all of my family was gathered around the living room when I got home. She told me that she had died and I, of course, was DEVASTATED.

She told me to dress up because we were going to the funeral. Everything was planned because we knew she wouldn't live long. Everyone was crying and everyone was sad. After the funeral, I got into my mom's car with her boyfriend (my parents are divorced) and I swear I saw a blond woman with blue eyes (that's how my Ada was when she was young) smiling at me. I stared at her for a couple of seconds before she left.

When I got home, I tried to communicate with her and placed letters and signs (I basically made a Ouija board at home). I talked to her and she said that she loved me and that she was sorry about her lungs. She also said she was happy with her long-lost husband, and that she would see me when I got to heaven. She said that she had been told that she was my guardian angel, and that she would stick with me and make sure I was fine. She told me she loved me but she had to go. I said goodbye and cried.

That's my most recent story, and my first on this website. I hope you like it and you remember those who you have lost. They're not gone. They will always be in your heart.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, andidee, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lovelight78 (17 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-25)
I am very sorry for your loss honey! My heart and prayers go out to you and your family. But I have to wholeheartedly agree with the others, ouija boards are extremely risky and dangerous in unschooled hands. Please try to refrain from using them for your own safety. Although I am glad that you were able to communicate one last time. That was a blessing. But for your sake DO NOT try to attempt contact again through the ouija board!
My Condolences...
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-23)
(At) andidee- I am sorry for your loss... And you are lucky that you saw her one last time. Eventually I am agree with valkricry regarding using of oujja board...
The_Dark_Knight (2 stories) (20 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-23)
Andidee- Deeply sorry for your loss, but as valkricry said, Ouija boards are not good. I'm under the impression that 9.9 out of 10 times the "ghost" is not who it says it is. They will say they are your loved ones just to gain your trust. Also they will know things that you thought only you and your loved ones knew. Please just be careful and I would advise you to not use it again, but you will do as you wish. Best regards.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-06-22)
andidee: I'm sorry about your loss, but feel I must caution you about using Ouija boards, even homemade ones. You never know what might come through. But it sounds as though this time you did ok.
silvnich043 (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-22)
my great grandma died when my mom was young. Every night her ghost comes in my room to se me. Sorry about your loss
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-22)
I am so sorry for your loss. I can understand what your feeling right now. I am still grieving heavily for my mom. She died a year ago this coming Thursday. I am glad you got to see her and say goodbye, and that she will be your guardian.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: