You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Grandma's House By The Woods

Real Ghost Stories

Grandma's House By The Woods

 

I do not even know where to start, but I have to say that I have had only a few paranormal experiences, most being at my grandmother's home.

The house is located in Odenton, MD right in front of the woods. As a child, I visited my grandmother quite often, every summer in fact. I was always afraid at night. The house is fairly old, but I know no history of it. When I visit, I sleep in the room that my mother used to sleep in and the guest room is slightly across, so I can see the doorway of the guest room from my bed.

My uncle's room is right next to the room that I sleep in and when I am not there because I am at home (in NJ), he is up there by himself, being as my grandmother sleeps downstairs. My uncle always told me that he would hear sounds at night that would freak him out, prompting him to just go to sleep and sometimes even leave. But I never really thought there was actually anything in the home.

I remember one night that I was there, I was in a deep sleep. I was dreaming, very vividly and to the point where I could mistaken it for reality. In the dream I saw myself on the bed, sleeping. And as I was watching myself sleep, I saw a dark blue hand reach out to touch me (which could have been my own), but before it touched me in my dream, I woke up. And as soon as I woke up, I felt an actual hand touch my shoulder. It spooked me out to the point where I couldn't go back to sleep because I was so frightened.

Another time I was at my grandmother's and it was about 11 or so in the morning. My uncle was in his room sleeping, and my sister was in the kitchen watching TV. My grandparents were both out, at doctors appointments. I was in the guest room watching TV and got up to go to my room. As I was walking across the hallway to my room, I saw, from the corner of my eye, a tall, skinny man standing by the kitchen entrance. From what I was thinking, I thought it was my grandfather until I realized that he wasn't home. I called out to my sister and asked her if she saw anything by the entrance of the kitchen, and she said no. This completely freaked me out because I didn't know what to think.

There have always been occurrences at this house, but nothing bad enough to harm anyone. My uncle has multiple stories about his experiences of being in the house alone and hearing or feeling things that made him get up and leave.

One night, my parents were sleeping in the guest room and they were awoken to growling noises (similar to that of a dog) below their bedroom window. When they got up to see what was outside, they saw nothing. The night after that, my uncle and grandmother told everyone to stay inside that night because they saw an animal outside walking around and pacing back and forth by the house in the street. I went to look outside to see what it was, only to see what LOOKED like a really skinny dog run really fast to the back of the house. From what I saw, it was a grayish color, and extremely skinny, and honest to God, it SCARED me; almost reminded me of The Rake.

This last experience that I will share seems pretty skeptical, even for me. My uncle downloaded a ghost radar app on his phone, just to play around with. He told me that the first time he used it, he was in his car and he didn't see anything on the radar, but it said his name. He didn't use that app, or drive the car for a while after that.

I was downstairs in the den with my sister one day when I noticed my uncle's phone laying on the table. I picked it up to see the ghost radar app, but of course I didn't see anything. I then ignored it as I was telling my sister something. In the middle of me talking to her, I paused for a moment and then went on to say what I was going to say. Right as I paused and resumed my speech, the ghost radar app said the word 'continue', as if something was telling me that they wanted to hear the rest of what I was going to say. My sister then freaked out and ran upstairs, and I just put the phone down and never opened the app again.

There are also a few places in the house that I hate being near at night. Being in the den downstairs terrifies me and I close every door and blinds down there and watch TV with all of the lights on, or I don't go down there at all, especially if I'm alone. The sliding door by the kitchen is the scariest at night, so the curtains are always closed because when they're open and it's dark out, nothing can be seen.

My grandmother's house has always been creepy, even to this day. I even have dreams that take place there, but every single dream that I have had about my grandmother's house have been extremely scary and have even woken me up, not going back to sleep, I was so scared. I've had dreams about a volcano erupting up the street from her home and the lava burning everyone in its path, a tornado ripping through the house and sucking me up into it, me cutting my face and bleeding into her bathroom sink then dropping dead to the floor, and the scariest was the one where someone was trying to break into her back door at night, while I was hiding behind the couch, praying that whatever was at the door didn't get in. And whenever I dream and my grandmother's house is involved, it is always so vivid that it feels real and when I wake up, I'm thankful that it was just a dream.

Maybe it's the country air, messing with my city-air filled mind. Or maybe it's the area, possibly the woods. Maybe it's the house itself. But whatever it is, I do not like that house.

Thanks for reading!:)

Other hauntings by _tayjadzia_

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maryland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, _tayjadzia_, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

_tayjadzia_ (2 stories) (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-29)
Hi, Seraphina. Thank you for reading. My grandparents never really said anything about having experiences of their own. They seemed oblivious to the situations. I'm guessing they have never experienced anything or just never bothered to say anything about it.
Seraphina (7 stories) (147 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-26)
Hi, Tayjadzia. Lots of creepy experiences! What do your grandparents say about all of this? Do they experience any of it?
Thanks for sharing your story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: