You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Brother And I

Real Ghost Stories

My Brother And I

 

This happened when I was a little girl, around 4 years old. It was late at night and my brother visited my room because he wanted to play. So I got out of bed (very quiet because my parents were downstairs and I was supposed to sleep) and started playing with my brother.

Then my parents came upstairs to go to bed. They gave me a goodnight kiss every night so they entered my room and saw me playing.

They asked me what I was doing and I told them I was playing with Kevin (my brother). The look on their faces was really weird, but they put me back in bed and we never talked about it again.

A few years later this subject came back. I was around 10 years old (btw I'm 18 now) and I didn't understand why I always had to go to bed and Kevin was able to stay downstairs as long as he wants. And why Kevin didn't have his own bed...

Then my parents told me that indeed I had an older brother, but that he was born dead. Kevin didn't have a bed because he wasn't alive.

For me that sounded unreal. Kevin was real to me! I saw him, a lot. He looked like me, but he was a boy. We could have been twins.

Now I don't see my brother around that much, but I still believe he is out there, watching over his little sister and his little brother.

When I really need something I always ask him to help me and it always turns out to be okay.

Even though I can't hug my brother or really talk face to face with him, I still know he is there, watching over me and guiding me through life.

Sorry for grammar mistakes, English isn't my main language.

I have more experiences with the supernatural and maybe I'll write them down.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Nadiri, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

MelLundquist (8 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-27)
It is so great that your brother is there for you when ever you need him
Nadiri (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-26)
[at] notjustme,
The last time I saw him was a few months ago.
He looks very much like me. He is there when I need him:) he just shows up

And yes, my parents also have seen him. He visits us a lot. My mother and I are really open for this and we see more then others.

My parents think it's cool that I can communicate with my brother. They know that this completes the family
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-24)
I have a couple of questions to add, has anyone ever seen your brother? And what was your parents' response when you told you communicate with him all the time? Thanks for your time.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-24)
Lovely story, I do believe toddlers can see spirits when they are young as they are pure souls. Our loved ones are always with us guiding us, protecting us for as long as we need them to.

Look forward to reading more of your stories.
Cman710 (9 stories) (94 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-23)
Wow, what an amazing story.:) It was very sweet to read, and I didn't see where it was going at all, it surprised me!
Keya_Ray (10 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-23)
such a heart warming story... It makes me believe that there is good in afterworld... Spirits can be good and protecting!
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-23)
Thanks for sharing this with us. I believe that your brother will always be there for you and your family. Out of curiosity, when was the last time you saw him?
elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-23)
Very sweet story!

Thanks for sharing a heartwarming account.

Best wishes

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: