You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: It Started With Her

Real Ghost Stories

It Started With Her

 

This story takes place in st. Louis Missouri, and it is very real I assure you. I am 18 now and still scared of the dark. It started with my mom. I was not aware she was into witchcraft until I was in my teens.

I remember just like it was yesterday. I was about 4-5 and I was sleeping in my room (well, trying). I was laying in bed and my mom and her boyfriend were downstairs. I felt terrified for some reason. My closet door flies open, at this point I scream, and my mom comes running up the stairs. We meet in the hallway, and she grabs me and throws me down on the ground and gets on top of me. An orange ball goes flying around the house, then goes back in my closet. Me and my mom freak out. Her boyfriend comes upstairs, and asks what happened. My mom informed him of what had just taken place. So they sit me in the living room, while they check my room. They find nothing.

The lights start to flicker, and my parents come into the living room, and we all go downstairs. They check the fuse box, and at this point it sounds like somebody is walking down the stairs. I look and nobody is there.

So we go and sit down on the couch in the basement, and my mom's boyfriend decides to say, "If there are any ghosts in this house, do something!" At that very moment the cassette tape holder above the couch flew off the wall. We were freaking out at this point.

A lot of other terrifying things occurred in that house, but that is the sole reason I believe in the things that I do. And still to this day, cannot sleep with the lights off.

Again, I assure you, that this is true. Don't mess with things that you have no control over. It's fun and games until you live that.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Drownedfish28, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-30)
Hello Drownedfish28, I also have the same doubt as shobha. You said your mom's boyfriend and then you said your parents. Secondly, when did you find out that your Mom was into witchcraft? And as Miracles said, it could be a ball of energy. Still, I feel that this experience might have made you so scared that even now you are not able to sleep with lights put-off. But my advise to you is that be bold. You should be courageous.

As far as the narrative and your experience is concerned, except that I go with Miracles on the ball of energy idea, I am not in a position to comment further because if I start saying further it would sound skeptical.

Further, I would like to ask you, do you still live in the same house? You said a lot of terrifying things happened in the same house. Can you please share it with us.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-29)
Drownedfish28 - you said you didn't know your mom was into witchcraft until you were in your teens. How did you find out? And what does that mean, exactly, into witchcraft?

My impression when I read your story, if your mom really was doing anything related to witchcraft, was maybe she was trying to get an object to move and it did only a little differently than she intended it to. Sometimes when people are learning, things don't always go the way they're supposed to or the way we think they're going to 😆 And also it could have been a ball of energy that was flying around, which may have been perfectly harmless even if startling.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-29)
elnoraemily - 😆 sometimes that is all we can do and hope it is conveyed loudly... And dramatically LOL 😉
elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-29)
Miracles,

Thank you:)

Skepticism validated.

I feel like a dramatic sigh is all that's left to do here.

😭
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
10 years ago (2014-07-29)
elnoraemily - I was going to respond to WeScorched but figured I'd just keep my mouth shut and let you answer for yourself 😆 Seriously? Human sacrifice? Yeah, right, I don't think so 😐
elnoraemily (guest)
+3
10 years ago (2014-07-29)
Scorched,

No real witch would damage life- life is sacred. Especially to Wiccans, all life is special.

This is why I am immediately skeptical whenever anyone tries to convince people they know witchcraft.

When did I call someone superstitious? I just asked for clarification of what the author thinks witchcraft actually is.
shobha (35 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-29)
What do you mean by 'mom comes running up the stairs. We meet in the hallway, and she grabs me and throws me down on the ground and gets on top of me?' Was your mom possessed? Or was this her usual behaviour? Also, you speak of your 'mom's boyfriend' and later about your 'parents'. Was your dad there as well?

This comment from WeScorchedTheSky is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

elnoraemily (guest)
+2
10 years ago (2014-07-28)
This may sound rude, but when people say witchcraft, I immediately become skeptical.

Can you define what you mean by that? I find that people tend to use that term without understanding it's meanings and the practices behind it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: