You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Cranky Voice From The Grave

Real Ghost Stories

A Cranky Voice From The Grave

 

"Iho, iho!" (This is a Spanish word for "little boy" which is addressed by our grandparents to us) The same word which gave shivers to my spine the first time I heard it from my nephew's phone. By the way, my nephew has really been a daredevil. Despite the fact that the house where they have stayed in has been haunted for already a decade, he has never stopped staying in the master's bedroom even at the crack of dawn and has had the habit of recording the things that he has thought to be "spooky".

His tale of horror started when his little sister began calling the name of her unseen friend. (For the record, my niece is a 5 year-old kid who stutters a lot.) There were times that her sister would play at 2 am while everyone was snoring. She would either laugh or would run around and would try to go upstairs. (The whole family is staying at the living room.) Usually they would just see her doing it while saying, "Tara, Leslie, laro tayo!" (Come on Leslie, let's play!).

Then one time, my niece started to cry, saying Leslie was forcing her to come upstairs and stay inside the big closet in the master's bedroom. Their dad and mom still asked them to pray. After a minute or two, everything went to normal and my niece was pacified. (Most of his siblings cried but my nephew then got the nerve to comfort them. Maybe it's because he was the eldest and he needed to make his siblings feel safe).

The horror continued as days went by but he decided to stay in the biggest bedroom where my other cousins and my aunt were sleeping. My nephew killed time playing with his smartphone but in the middle of his game (as he retold the story, everyone of us wanted to wet our pants) goosebumps crawled unto his skin and he knew that it was a fateful night! Scared though, he pressed the button and started recording. He was expecting to catch a glimpse of a shadow or a kid without eyes and so on but to his surprise nothing was captured. However, when he started playing the recording again, that's when he realized that the worse was just about to happen. It's because when he played it the second time, an eerie voice was heard! Like the sound of an old woman. The worst thing was, while he was playing the audio file the voice was like coming from a spot near him! That made him shut his eyes and struggled to sleep.

The next day, we were all stunned and horrified 'cause when we listened to the recorded audio file, it was true. The voice was like coming from beneath the grave. We were all scared for them especially for the youngest member of the family because according to her, "Leslie" was still playing with her. My nephew decided to sleep beside his sister since then...

Other hauntings by batchiebones

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, batchiebones, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

batchiebones (7 stories) (17 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-13)
[at]Mitotakatori,oh dear, unfortunately, my nephew's phone was reformatted. That particular copy was erased... TT 😳
MitoTakatori (49 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-10)
[at] batchiebones, my lady, can you still provide the audio recording and any photo you mentioned in this story? Thanks. 😁
batchiebones (7 stories) (17 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-29)
Oh, thanks miracles51031 for that concern. I understand where you're coming from... ^^ God bless you.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
10 years ago (2014-09-26)
batchiebones - please, please do not put your phone number on here. Email address is good enough, but dear Lord, there are too many crazy people out there. Don't give them the opportunity to contact you. As for TV programs soliciting stories, research them before you get into contact with anyone. I know nothing about this person, nor whom they represent; however, people don't always tell the truth about who they are. Research, Google, something.
kgairneon (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-23)
Hi Batchiebones!

I'm Karen, a researcher of a TV Program and I found your story very interesting. I would like to proposed to my producer for a possible Halloween Special. Please do contact me at 0916-6859302 or email me at karren.anoos [at] gmail.com. I really don't know how to contact you in this website so I just write a comment. Hoping you could get in touch.

Thank you!

Karen
batchiebones (7 stories) (17 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-30)
Thanks notjustme...Honestly, they tried doing the cleansing like putting a dash of salt near the closet but that really worsened the situation.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-29)
Thanks for your answers. The reason I asked what their ages were was to rule out the possibility of kids playing pranks on each other and blaming the youngest one for it. But if they are in their teens I doubt they would do that. If this is still going I suggest a prayer or cleansing for the home. Best of luck.
batchiebones (7 stories) (17 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-29)
Thanks for asking some few questions notjustme. If my memory serves me well yes there was a particular photo. About my niece she told us that leslie was a tall woman. Then the ages of my nieces and nephews range from 17 to 5, they were 5 siblings when that incident happened, notjustme. Lastly, you could really hear the old woman's voice from the recorded file... Gonna try my best to retrieve the file since I'd need to ask permission from my nephew...
elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-28)
I would also love to hear the audio file!

Are they saying anything else that could be seen as menacing or just the desire to play and the my little boy comments?
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-28)
Batchiebones - thanks for sharing your story with us. By any chance yo could upload the audio for us to hear? I have few questions that I would appreciate answers for to better understand the story...

1. How many children are there in that family and their ages?
2. Has anyone else seen "Leslie"?
3. Has anyone asked your 5 year old niece what does Leslie look like?
4. The recording was a woman's voice saying 'iho iho"?
5. You say your nephew has a habit of recording things he finds spooky, has he caught anything else besides that time?

Thank you for your time

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: