You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: The Brotherly Love

Real Ghost Stories

The Brotherly Love

 

Before I recount this experience of mine, Let me say thanks to Mitotakatori for appreciating the stories that I post here and for the moderators in YSG who never get tired choosing my tales of horror amidst the fact that a lot of contributors are sending their write-ups.

Anyways, this story that I am going to tell happened to me almost 7 years ago when my younger brother died of internal hemorrhage. The only sibling that I had and one of those people who loved me unconditionally. He's Jayson but you could call him "Jaja". Yes, I am proud to say he's gay. He's a unique person who unfortunately was never able to enjoy his youth but even beyond the grave he never got tired loving us.

I was 20 years old and working as a theatre performer (a junior apprentice) that time. I used to perform in SM North (a shopping mall situated in North Avenue, Quezon City Philippines) where a legitimate theatre is found. Well, to cut to the chase, my brother was supportive of me though my whole family was really against it. Eventually, my mom and my brother got used to my schedule (there were times that we would perform in some provinces like Pampanga and Subic).

One day the tragedy happened while I was away from them. As we were having our TDR (Technical Dress Rehearsal), my director's phone rang. He was really surprised to see my name flashing on his screen. He asked me, "Why are you calling me, J_ _ _ _ _?" He was annoyed and surprised because he really thought I was playing a prank on him. Then after 5 minutes of placing us and marking our blockings, the improvised terrace on the stage collapsed that injured 2 people (that was exactly after my scene).

I knew that time that I survived an accident but I was clueless that my brother was already rushed to the ICU because he lost consciousness after hitting a wall on his way home. That caused the hemorrhage. Later did I know that they were already calling my director using my brother's phone (I did not have my own phone yet because I could not afford it so I used to borrow from him) but they could not say it to me yet because they knew I would get hysterical.

After we packed up, they told me to go home straight because there was an emergency. I was too rattled and puzzled that I forgot that they asked a co-member to accompany me to the hospital. When I went home I knew that he was already in a state of coma. The next day, I went straight to the hospital and what I saw gave me goosebumps. I saw him in white hospital gown, smiling and walking towards me and in an instance, he's gone. I knew that time he would say goodbye. At 12 in the midnight, the doctor told my mom that they would pull off the plug because his body was no longer responding to the medicines injected in the tube. My mom had no choice but to say yes. We were devastated but we felt that he was just there telling us that everything would be fine.

During the wake, we experienced a lot of odd things. Like a cold breeze would kiss our cheeks, or a silhouette would enter his room. My mom even asked help from a psychic. As we gathered in his room, the psychic summoned his name and after that he said that my brother was standing between me and my mom, embracing us and saying, "Mama, ate okay na po ako, mahal na mahal ko kayo" (Mom, ate, I am okay now... I love you so much). That somehow lessened the burden but I still know up to now it could not erase the scar. We are longing for Jaja. We miss our butterfly...

Other hauntings by batchiebones

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, batchiebones, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

batchiebones (7 stories) (17 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-04-16)
To Minipu4, elnoraemily, Faith1986, and Mitotakatori,

Thank you all guys for letting me share this experience. It took me almost 7 years to impart my thoughts. My mom and I are still recuperating until now. I even sought professional help before because I really felt lost...Again, thank you. God bless everyone... ❤
MitoTakatori (49 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-16)
Hi batchiebones. I am sorry for your loss. I am really saddened by this experience of yours. I suggest that you and your family would pray always for your brother. I am sure that your JaJa is already with our creator, and happily watching and guarding you and your family. Hope you and your family are doing great now. And also, thank you for mentioning my name in this wonderful story. God bless. ❤
faith1986 (23 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-15)
I too am sorry for your loss, and I wanted to say that this story is beautiful. It warms my heart when I read stories about loved ones returning to the people they left behind to say "I'm okay now, and I love you (and whatever else:-) ) but beautiful and he sounds like an amazing person. Thanks for sharing with us;-)
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-15)
I am very sorry for the loss of your brother. Wini summed it up perfectly. I hope you and your family are well.
WiniPu4 (207 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-15)
Hello:

I'm so sorry for your loss. It is a terrible thing to lose a family member, especially so young.
I have had many very close gay "brothers" pass on, one who I had the privilege of caring for in his last months. I actually had two that "visited" me in dreams giving me information I couldn't have possibly known otherwise. I know you will never get over your brother's loss, but having his "visitation" might make it a bit more bearable knowing he is safe and happy where he now is. I'm sure he will always be with you and do whatever he can from the other side of life. You are very fortunate to have been granted a visit, if only to say goodbye. I wish you and your family all the best and will pray for your healing.
Love and Light,
Lynev

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: