You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Lucky Necklace

Real Ghost Stories

Lucky Necklace

 

I used to live in Portland Oregon, where our house was as haunted as they come. My mother and I both heard our names being called when we were alone in the house. I would see a small owl like figure when I would go around corners or while sitting on the couch in the living room. Beer cans would crunch and fly across the room and light fixtures would come unscrewed and fall then bounce (they were glass by the way). Lights would turn off and dishes would break. Now all these things happened in a span of 16 years while we lived in that house. There are so many stories I could tell you. I grew up there and so I know when things are happening around me.

My mother and I are both really sensitive to the supernatural so I have a question about this necklace. I loved this necklace and I wore it all the time when we lived in Oregon, and sadly when we moved here I lost it. But the other day my sister comes into my room and says she has a surprise for me. It was the necklace! I was really happy since I haven't seen it for over a year. Any way she hands me the necklace and I put it on. It\'s a lucky Brand sterling silver necklace and is kind of short but it isn't a choker or anything close to it, but after a few minutes of putting it on I felt like there was pressure on my throat. This was at night so I was trying to wear it while asleep but I had to take it off.

I thought last night was weird but I brushed it off. This morning I go to put it on again and I wore it for about six hours and the dang thing made me sick! I felt so drained and sick to my stomach that I couldn't eat anything and all I wanted to do was lay on the couch and sleep. I couldn't even look at the computer. I felt so weak and almost disorientated. I took of the necklace and almost immediately I could feel like a weight lifted off of me and within an hour I felt 10 times better.

I want to know if whatever was in our old house is connected to my necklace and if so what should I do to take care of this.

P.S. Other weird stuff has been happening around our house lately too. Like my dad\'s temper has gone off the charts and I\'ve had the worst insomnia ever. As well as my mom's ceramic cup has gotten broken on the counter standing up and my mom got a weird picture on her phone of weird light. When we first moved here my mom had dreams about the entity wanting to come to our new house and I've had some strange dreams as well. I just want to know what I can do to cleanse the necklace so that I can ware it again and if I have to I will destroy it.

Thank you so much xxx

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Idaho

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kendall_m, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-01)
Well, absolute agreement with checking out the physical causes first. But I had a symilar expierience with a necklace; same choking, mine would sting around my neck and give me a migrain. But yours was OK at first. So I think Bad JJ's advice with the salt is a good idea. You never know. Holding y'al to the light.
hazeleyes (1 stories) (34 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-30)
kendall,
I'm trying to figure out why the title of your story is called "Lucky Necklace" because all the necklace seems to do is bring you bad luck. It makes you sick when you wear it and made you feel like your energy is being drained. Have you had insomnia and has your dad had a temper before you had the necklace? I just want to know if these things could be involved with the necklace and if so the best advice I can give you is destroy the necklace.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-30)
Hi Kendall - I would like to know where in the first place did you get he necklace? And the one your sister gave you, is it the same one or a new one? Also like previous comments have stated, it could be an allergy reaction. Even if you have worn sterling silver before, some products out there are only silver plated, even with the 925 stamp. Some are mixed with nickle and that's what normally people react to, or in some cases copper based, silver plated. Thanks for your time.
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-30)
Hi Kendall_m, welcome to YGS.

The first thing I would say is have you been to see a doctor? This could be down to some sort of vitamin / iron deficiency, or any other medical ailment for that matter. Perhaps your dad has become short tempered because he is stressed or tired, and the picture on your mums phone could have been taken and sent by mistake, was there a number of a sender whom she could try and contact?

Also, you feel chocked by the necklace, could this be because you have gotten used to not wearing it, and you felt chocked because of this, especially with it being short as you have said?

All of the above are obviously just possibilities, but certainly worth a mention.

Thanks for posting, and please keep us updated 😊
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-30)
The first ting I have to ask, crazy as it may sound, is could you have developed a silver allergy? I know that sounds odd, but my mother can't wear silver. The only metal that doesn't cause her discomfort is gold. Weird, eh? If you've been able to wear other silver items with no trouble maybe the necklace has been contaminated with something. Give it a wash with gentle soap and water and see if that helps any.
If you genuinely believe something has attached itself to the necklace then the easiest thing to do with it, in my opinion, would be to bury it in salt for a few days. Grab a small bowl, put a bit of salt in, lay the necklace on top and cover it with more salt. I do this with some of my crystals and it works well.
If you do decide not to wear the necklace anymore, I would not suggest destroying it. In that situation, I would try to bury it as far from your property as practical. Basically, leave it intact but try to get rid of it such a way no one else would be likely to stumble across it.
The insomnia could just be a normal, if irritating, thing you're going through. Everyone has occasional bouts of sleeplessness. Could there be issues in your dad's life that have him stressed? As much as people try to keep their stress in it's place, sometimes things just boil over and a person gets snarky. The ceramic cup, that's odd, but it's possible it just broke. Maybe it had a small crack that made the whole thing more fragile. The bad dreams could be the result of your memories of the old house.
My advice would be to deal with the necklace in whatever way seems best to you, and keep an eye on the other stuff to see if it's just normal issues that will blow over or something else. If it does turn out to be something else, well, there are ways to address that. Keep a journal of the things that happen around the house and try to find mundane causes for those things. If no mundane cause seems apparent, just pop back here and someone in the community should be able to offer something helpful.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: