You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Items :: Cross Necklace

Real Ghost Stories

Cross Necklace

 

I have this cross necklace that I wore since my high school days. I started wearing this necklace when something happened to me every night at exactly 3am where I will wake up for no particular reason at all and I get a kind of feeling of being watched. It happened for 3 consecutive days and on the third day I had a very bad dream. It was about Jesus Christ but his face changed into something sinister and scary. That got me scared so much I couldn't sleep well for days.

To tell you the truth, those experiences may or may not be related when my friends and I practiced witchcraft at a nearby sea shore. We have this public place with hotel and restaurant place that is near the sea and some parts of it are somewhat covered with tall grass and trees away from the main hotel itself. This is in the Philippines.

Now ever since that time we played around about witchcraft, I had these feeling of overwhelming negative energy all the time around me. I am sensitive to energies especially emotions and just the feeling of it. So that's the reason I got this cross necklace which was blessed and given to me by a friend.

This cross necklace of mine is weird but it did help me feel secured and protected somehow. I have this mantra or I keep praying inside my mind that this cross necklace will stay with me to protect me from something bad always but if ever I am not worthy of it, like if I did something horrible I will lose this necklace.

I don't know if that mindset of mine made a difference but for the next few years I noticed that if I lose that necklace somewhere it will always come back to me. For example:

One time I was driving my mom off to her work to the hospital back in Maryland. I knew something was off because I immediately noticed I wasn't wearing my cross necklace. I really thought I misplaced it somewhere. So when I got back to the house I checked my room, my bed, everywhere, nothing. I went outside in our yard just in case maybe it fell on our front lawn but nothing. I gave up and went back to my room and I was shocked the cross necklace was there on top of my pillow, laying flat in the middle of it like it was neatly placed for it to be noticed. I didn't mind on how bizarre that is but I am happy I got my cross necklace back.

Another time I felt the cross necklace fell on our front lawn. It slid down on my chest into the grass, it did really happen so I bent down and looked for it. You would think that you will find it fast because you knew where it fell but nope, I searched and searched all over the lawn and even back track my steps just to make sure and I didn't find it. It was so weird and frustrating because I could've sworn it fell on the spot where I was standing on that lawn. I was disappointed to not find it but determined to look for it no matter what. It took me about 20-30 minutes searching all over the grass when I decided to back to the house and to my room to get away from the scorching heat of the sun when I saw my cross necklace placed on top of my pillow, exactly like the last time I found it when it got lost. That was weird but I was just happy I found it again.

Now this next thing that happened is the weirdest of all. This cross necklace I gave it to my boyfriend back then and now my husband back in 2013. I gave it to him because I knew that cross necklace was special and deep in my heart and mind it really is magical. I prayed to God that my boyfriend then will always be protected from harm as long as he has that cross necklace with him. I did made a vow that I will only give that necklace to someone special that I know I will spend my whole life with forever.

Not to make it cheesy and all so he has this necklace. I was in Maryland that time, I was either using skype or some app that I can talk to him that time. I told him that there is a typhoon coming that will hit our hometown (which means where he lives that time) in the Philippines. He said yes he knows about it and they are staying in and not evacuating as opposed to what the officials had urged the people on their place. My husband's house is situated near the sea. So in about an hour when the super typhoon struck our hometown I lost connection to him, I couldn't contact him, nothing at all. 24 hours passed I got very worried. I remember I was on the computer all the time monitoring the news about the typhoon and our place. There was this one news televised right after the typhoon aftermath and I distinctly remember it was already early morning around 5am on Maryland when the first news was able to air. I was shocked that the devastation was so severe they didn't anticipated the storm surge that washed away our hometown. Thousands died and the place where my husband lives was hit the hardest because he lives near the sea.

I remembered I cried and I told my mom I'm going home to the Philippines. There were lots of bodies that are not recovered and although my chances are slim I prayed to God that he was ok and his family are ok. I remember we went to church first before my flight back to the Philippines and I prayed hard that everyone I knew and love is ok.

Now right about before my flight I received a sms message from one of my close friends in the Philippines that was somewhat connected to my husbands family. She said everyone was fine and alright. If only I can describe the feelings I had that time. I was shocked, happy, and grateful to God.

Apparently they did stay in their house but they were able to survive the 6-7 feet storm surge when they went to the roof. What was sad was the ones who went to the evacuation centers especially on the ground level died but my husband's family survived by staying on their house. If they went to the evacuation center, something different might have happened.

The cross necklace was with my husband but he said it fell into the waters. I was just glad he was ok. Fast forward to a month when I was in the Philippines with my husband's family in the Northern part. We were swimming on the swimming pool and guess what, we found the necklace on the bottom of the swimming pool. The brother of my husband said he saw it and looked familiar as it was what my husband's necklace during the typhoon. How weird that we found the same cross necklace a thousand miles from where it got lost on the waters and debris during the typhoon and now in the swimming pool.

My husband returned back the necklace to me when we got married 2014 in Baltimore. We moved to Texas 5 years ago and when I was stepping out from my work, I felt it fall down my chest and on the parking lot. I searched and looked for it until I gave up. Until now that necklace is still missing and I haven't seen it ever again. Something I remembered though about my necklace is that I once said that if ever I did something bad I will lose that necklace. I don't know if I did something really horrible but I just feel and hope that maybe it will show up for me like last time.

Thank you for reading my long post but I just wanted to share something that is so special to me.

Other hauntings by DarriuxDarkk

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maryland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DarriuxDarkk, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DarriuxDarkk (6 stories) (79 posts)
 
4 years ago (2019-12-04)
I don't know if this is allowed but here is a complete documentation of the Typhoon Haiyan or Yolanda that claimed more than 1500 people.

Https: //youtu.be/ 3ZhItkcs9qw

From that day forth our hometown has declared Nov 8th a holiday for people to remember the people that lost their lives.
DarriuxDarkk (6 stories) (79 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-11-10)
Cherubim,

Thank you for the comment. I don't think there was an entity playing with the cross necklace. It was a holy item as it was blessed by a priest and every time I go to church, I always place my cross necklace into the holy water.

And I think I've said before on my other posts that I am somewhat sensitive to energies. I once tried placing the cross necklace on the palm of my hand and just get the feel of it.

I don't know how to describe it but I'll try. It felt like there was really a strong static pressure radiating from the necklace and I can feel it on my hands like it was tangible aura that is circular in projection of it's energy. I tried to sense that feeling, just to see it's boundaries and it is circular, surrounding the cross necklace itself. That's the physical sensation of the energy but the emotional side is overwhelming. It was hard to describe, it's like your heart is racing but I can't tell id it's excitement,joy, or something else but definitely positive. I didn't feel any negative emotions at all.

That is why that cross necklace is so special, I always feel protected. Yea that's a good term I can describe it.

Thanks and God Bless.
Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-09-23)
Wow! 😳 I can see why that cross necklace would be so special to you. When you did witchcraft you may have opened a door that let "something" in. I got a crystal ball with directions how to use it and started having "happenings" as well. I see you believe in God and prayers, me too. Thank God your family was okay. Since you are so attached to the cross, I just wonder if it's some kind of entity that is playing around with your emotions. It's good you bought another one and can move on. Great story, thank you for sharing it. ❤
DarriuxDarkk (6 stories) (79 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-08-29)
AugustaM

It might be that as well. I don't dismiss the possibility that the cross necklace chains might have been faulty already. It has been with me for almost 10 years since highschool. 2004- 2014. Quite a long time already so yes maybe it was really old and faulty on the chains and might have snapped loose at that last time it got lost. I just wish I could find it again or it will show up somewhere unexpectedly. It was really a special cross necklace.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-08-24)
I have had items that return to me and some that I have never been able to hold onto - its a strange thing and I do think there is something unexplained at work. However, as the chain had come loose several times beforehand, could be in the case of this last disappearance that the necklace simply required a new more sturdy clasp and the unexplained was not at involved.
DarriuxDarkk (6 stories) (79 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-08-20)
Thank you valkricry. I'm thinking of the positive reasons why I never found it again rather than thinking of negative ones. Maybe you are right, maybe someone else found it on the parking lot where I work and they needed it more than I do. Thank you again. God bless.
valkricry (49 stories) (3270 posts) mod
+2
5 years ago (2019-08-18)
Darriux,
I'm sure if you had done something 'horrible' you would know. Perhaps it was just a case of your time with it was up, and someone else needed it more. Or it will show up when you least expect/need it the most.
DarriuxDarkk (6 stories) (79 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-08-17)
Yea no worries. I am still hoping that cross necklace of mine will turn out somewhere I could find it. It was really special, I can really feel the protective energy it has. Anyway I ended up buying another cross necklace. I haven't had a chance to have a priest bless it.

To be honest I don't really go to church that much here in the US. It's quite different when you're in the Philippines, it is more solemn there I don't know how to describe it. I do believe that it is your personal relationship to God is what matters most.
freakedoutfreddy (1 stories) (77 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-08-16)
No offense intended dude but I thought I was reading a manga. 😜

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: