You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Necklace

Real Ghost Stories

The Necklace

 

So this is just a quick background on the house I grew up in.

I moved into this house when I was four just tuning five. I had one experience when I was younger which I have written about. Years went by with nothing happening. Or at least nothing major. I had this necklace my father bought me as a surprise when I was 13, it was a large cross made up with clear dimonte on the outside and blue dimonte in the middle. I loved it and wore it all the time until my aunt told me it was unlucky to wear a cross before having it blessed by a priest. I stopped wearing it but kept it in my jewelry box as I was intending on getting it blessed. 3 weeks later I went up stairs to get the necklace so I could have it blessed but it was gone, no where to be found. I always assumed one of my sisters must have taken a liking to it and wasn't much surprised when they denied it, as growing up we always borrowed each others things.

Two years went by and I'd forgotten about the necklace, that was until I found it between the floor boards as I was cleaning my room. I thought to myself, "I must have dropped it back when I couldn't find it" and this is what I believed. I placed it in my jewelry box and went down to tell my Mam I had found it. She laughed and said I should be more careful in future.

The next morning I woke up and got ready for school and went to get the necklace to bring into the priest to get blessed, (I wasn't overly religious at this stage in my life but thought there would be no harm in it) but when I opened it the necklace was gone. I couldn't believe it and this is the first time I suspected something out of the ordinary. I don't know why I just got this feeling.

My older sister was living out of home at college and my younger sister had her own room. Now I'm not saying she definitely hadn't taken it but to this day she swears she never took it and it was the first time I felt there might be something else in the house.

I no longer live in the house, but my sister still lives there and over the past month I've been spending the night on and off with getting all my stuff sorted for moving to a new County. The house I'm in now feels absolutely "clean" I suppose is the best word. The air feels clean lol I know sounds ridiculous. My old home however, even when I was alone in the house I never truly felt alone.

Something happened me my first night back two weeks ago, it hadn't happened in over a year and frightened me for the first time in years, as I was used to it in the past. I was sleeping and woke to my blankets being tugged from me. I pulled them back up and turned on my side playing cool while my heart beated through my chest. It's silly it would have this effect on me as it has happened a lot in the past.

So this is what I mean by not feeling alone, always feeling a presence in it. I'm loving my new place at the moment as it's so clear and I haven't felt the need to use sage.

Hope this was an interesting read for you.

Kayraa <3

Other hauntings by kayraa

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kayraa, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

kayraa (3 stories) (22 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-05)
Hi Melda,

I do believe the necklace ended up between the floorboards logically it was firmly in between them, I was scraping the dirt/dust back when I found it, I never would have cleaned my room so thoroughly before as I would usually hoover it.

I know my sister could have borrowed it the second time round only she would have no reason to deny it now as it was so long ago that she wouldn't feel embarrased or scared. My sister is very abbrasive and has an "I don't care what you think" attitude. She would never shy away from confrontation lol and my older sister wasn't living at home at the time.

Trust me I always jump to the most logical explination when it comes to these matters as I don't want to frighten myself aha. Plus I've a very locigal mind when it comes to most things. 😁

The blankets I first thougth nothing of and put it down to dreaming but the more frequently it happened the scarier it got, but in the end I found ignoring it and acting as if it hadn't happen to be the best. This was until I found out about sage and since then I would've always used it if I felt it was needed.

Thanks for reading and for your comment 😁

-Kayraa ❤
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-05)
kayraa - I know that items do sometimes disappear for some inexplicable reason. I've had one disappearing and reappearing in a very odd place after I asked my resident ghost to return it. The other one never did reappear but that was before the ghost man decided he liked my house. I still prefer to believe that I somehow lost/misplaced it.

It is possible that one of your sisters borrowed your necklace and perhaps lost it when she was out somewhere. I'm not saying this is what happened but it is a possibility. Maybe she was afraid and too embarrassed to admit it.

The necklace could have ended up between the floorboards in a number of logical manners. Somebody in your home might have dropped it, couldn't find it immediately and then simply forgot about it. Was this necklace easily noticeable when you cleaned your room or was it firmly wedged between the floorboards, so that nobody would notice it at a glance?

I'm not criticising your story and it isn't that I don't believe you. I'm the worst critic of my own experiences!

Having your blankets pulled off you: Fortunately that has never happened to me. I have often heard of this happening and I think I would find it pretty scary. Something trying to attract your attention in a not so nice way.

As for the clean air, oh yes, I definitely know what you mean 😊

Regards, Melda

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: