You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Growling Ghostly Dog

Real Ghost Stories

Growling Ghostly Dog

 

This story was told to me by my best friend whose father was in the army and station in germany. She said that even thou she was only 8 years old when this occurred, she can still remember it like was yesterday. They had just moved into this house that was made into 2 apartments. Her grandparents lived in the first floor and they lived on the second. They were there for a very short time when strange things began happening, little things like her mother would be in the kitchen and having full conversation with who she believed was her mother-in-law walk into the living room and nobody was there, even thou she was be responded by someone.

Someone tapping her mother shoulder while she cooked. Then one night while they all slept. Her mother was awaken by someone knocking on her door. She lived on the second floor so YOU had to come down the steps to answer the main door as she walked to the stairway the knocking got louder they were almost banging at this point her father Awoke "who's at the door? And why are they banging like that?". Now these people had just moved to Germany so they didn't know anyone. They got to the top of the stairs and her grandfather came out his apartment and looked up when suddenly the banging just stopped, they all looked at each other. The grandfather peered OUT the door, no one was there. He looked at his son and said "Maybe they are gone now..."

So everyone went on their way back to bed when all of sudden the banging began this time louder, so loud that my my friend and her little brother awoke from a sound sleep. She came her bedroom and found her mother and father standing at the top of steps just staring at the door. Her mother looked at her and said "get back in your room". Being nosey she didn't close the door to her and stood near the entrance so she can hear and she heard her mother say "who the hell is that?". Her father just stared and the banging stopped. Once again her grandparent come out staring at the door, now they start hearing slight scracthing on the door. "Don't open the door pop!" screamed her father. Then the banging started followed by loud growling like a beast, a dog of some kind, just clawing away at the door. They were scared, the grandparents came upstairs and as whatever it was just banging and clawed at the door then silence.

After 3 hour of them just waiting for it to happen again they all fell asleep. When they awake the next her and grandfather opened the door and found huge scratches on the door like someone or something was trying to claw their way in. My friend said the sounds they heard that night she would never forget. Her family got up and moved that day.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lpagan, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

KatieChan (3 stories) (63 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-12)
That was an intertusting story. I would be scared if that happened to me.

Good Luck and God Bless You! ❤ Katie 😊
jenniferford (2 stories) (56 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-06-06)
I have had the same thing happen to me but now its in my house. I hear a dog growel beside my bed some times. Its only when I get into bed. My boyriend heard it to. There were others that stay the night with me hear it aswell but it always in my room. Its not a good feeling to hear a dog growel and not a dog around to be found. I know its a demon because it follows every where I move to. The last two houses I have had friends tell me they would never stay the night again because there is to much that goes on around me.
PurpleSharpie98795 (9 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-12-28)
It was probably just a lonely dog: (although it could have been rabid. Or it could have been a ghost of a dog tat lived there and was chained up outside and neglected! 😠 people sicken me sometimes
omg444 (3 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-07)
you know I have watched a lot of hunting thing and I think that was a demon! 😕! Supposely they sound like dog and growl! So the grandpa was really smart not to open the door! 😁 !
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-03)
Thank you for sharing your story with us. I am glad no one came to any harm.

God Bless!
Abby (710 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-03)
Dear Ipagan,

I appreciate you sharing your friend's story. It was nice that your friend's military family is close knit and that they all were able to live in Germany together under one roof. Most unfortunate about the living quarters though, and the uninvited ghostly dog. I used to live in a home where I heard a dog whining and scratching at the basement door. There were actual scratches on the door left by this previous owner's dog. Well, we all move on and do have our experiences and stories to remind us.--Abby
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-02)
Interesting story pagan. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: