You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ghost Showed Itself To Everyone

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Showed Itself To Everyone

 

I'll start by saying that this happened in Louisiana, and my parents, sisters and I do not live there but we were visiting my parent's friends (April and Lane) that they had met on xbox, weird I know. But they have been friends for a very long time.

Anyways when I first got there I had the utmost creepiest feeling I have ever felt. I just shook it off, thinking it was a totally new place in a totally different state. After we settled in, Lane and my dad and their daughter Riley and my two younger sisters were in the living room behind the kitche.

The kitchen was where I was with my mom, April, and April's niece which she had invited over. The only other person I that house was an elderly person, I'm not sure if they were from April or Lane's side of the family.

Anyways, we were in the kitchen and we were all talking when suddenly (and I'm not joking, I'm so serious this happened) I saw 3 shadows walking down the hall into the kitchen where we were sitting. No one else saw it. I thought it was odd but I just ignored it, until later I realized that no one else could have done that. I later went over to compare my height with the shadows heights that I expierenced and they were all about 6 feet tall. I later told April about it and she said "I see that all the time!".

Later that night I went to bed. I was sleeping in a room with my two sisters and Riley. I had trouble falling asleep because I KNEW something was watching me. I woke up in the middle of the night to find myself alone, my sisters had gone into my parents room, Riley to her parents room. I had the most uneasy feeling that someone was standing in the doorway. I booked butt into my parents room. I ran so fast I felt like I teleported. I had gone to sleep in there, but still had trouble falling asleep.

Later, after we returned home, my mom said that she woke up one night to see a really tall mam standing in the kitchen door (my parents room was right by the kitchen entrance) she thought it was Lane so she just went back to sleep. Then she said she woke up a little later the same night and the man was still standing there.

But back to when I was in the room by myself. I felt like it was a tall man in the doorway, with long kind of curly brown hair in a pony tail and a big brim hat on and a trench coat. I didn't actually see anything, but I felt that, do you think that could be my imagination or the man showing himself to me?

Other hauntings by Carenna

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Carenna, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Carenna (2 stories) (6 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-06)
April said she's going to post stories!:D I don't know when though.
Carenna (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-05)
Well, since they won't be accepted second hand I could tell April to register here and write her own stories. She also works at a funeral home so she has loads of creepy stories:) I will tell her right away
rhejhen (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-04)
elnoraemily

Thank you for that explanation. Just wondering because most of the time when I'm at the kitchen I always feel like someone's watching me. It always happen at night. Just wondering if it's all about EMF or other things.
Thanks again.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-08-04)
MandyNicole and Cman - unfortunately, due to submission guidelines, stories that are told second hand (such as friend to friend) cannot be accepted.
Cman710 (9 stories) (94 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-04)
Very, very interesting tale. I'd definitely be interested in hearing April and Lane's stories too.
MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-03)
I would be interested in hearing April and Lane's stories, if you wouldn't mind posting them.
And, i'd probably pee myself too if that happened, haha.
Carenna (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-02)
[At] Lady-glow, thank you. And yes Lane and April have had many expierences there. April had talked about how when they rearranged the house, pictures would fall off the walls. Also they would hear something dragging it's feet up and doyen the stairs some nights. I can definitely ask them for other detailed experiences, and I can make another story.

[At] Argette, well that's true but if you are in that room and exavtly where I was all there was, was the wall of the living room there. I wish it was a coat rack though. As to this day, it creeps me out. Also the car thing is definitely possible. But they lived at the end of a road, but it's still a possibility. But even though their bodies weren't distinct, their heads were. I am returning there one day to visit, so I can definitely do more research! 😁

[At] notjustme I was freshly 18 at this time. So it was two years ago! Sorry for the confusion. And they had been friends for about 6 years. My mom was 35 and my dad was 38.

[At] Mandyy yes sorry I forgot to state in the story that I had asked my sisters the next day why they left and Nikki said she woke up really scared and woke Tasha up and they both went to my parents room... They left me for dead, lol. I also definitely agree, they looked like humans and other people have seen them and at different times of the day. I do plan to return, maybe he'll show himself to me (although I kind of hope not because I'd probably pee myself).

Thank you everyone for your responses. Do you want to hear about April and Lanes personal experiences? I just want to validate this story. It's so true, I'm not making any of it up. I wish you guys could go there and investigate with me lol
Argette (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-01)
Thank you for that explanation, Elnoraemily. I don't visit this site often enough to answer promptly and you did a better job than I could have, anyway.

Rook is correct!
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-01)
Thank you, Rook:)

<3

I appreciate it.

I do the same thing with my Ipod, daily.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-01)
That's it... No more positive Karma attempts from the iPod mini...

Elnoraemily that minus should have been a PLUS. Your explanation of EMF 'sickness' is one of the best I have read.

Respectfully,

Rook
MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-01)
Strange...did you ever ask why you ended up alone in the room? Why did your sisters and Riley all leave?
I find it difficult to chock this experience up to an emf sensitivity or headlights, simply because of the other people who have seen the shadows... But you never know. Three human-like shadows would be hard to duplicate though.
If was an old house, emf's could very well have accounted for the uneasy, creepy feelings... But in my opinion, I doubt that if there have been multiple people experiencing things... And before anyone suggests you were hallucinating due to emf's, let me just say I do not believe that is the case either.

I believe you genuinely saw something abnormal, but who's to say what it was. Maybe you did sense the appearance of the supposed shadow man, but it sounds like it will forever remain a mystery... Unless you happen to come across a picture of whoever you envisioned:)
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-01)
Rhejhen,

Essentially, your brain functions on electrical impulses and signals that are fired by neurons. The human body runs on electrical fields- as weird as that is to think about.

High levels of outside electrical fields can interfere with this, changing your mood, how you perceive things and can do anything from causing paranoia to hallucinations.

The outside interference basically makes it so your brain does not interpret signals correctly.

I hope that makes sense.
rhejhen (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-01)
Argette - Hi. Forgive me but may I ask how can EMF affect someone's feeling? Like what you said, "A high EMF could have made you feel uneasy." Can you please explain how could that be possible? I apologize, I don't know much about it. Lol. Thanks.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-01)
Hi Carenna - How old were you when this happened? I'm a little confused over "...but we were visiting my parent's friends (April and Lane) that they had met on xbox, weird I know. But they have been friends for a very long time."- because it says you are a young adult so I'm going to assume your parents are around at least early 40's. Not saying people in their 40's can't play xbox, but xbox isn't that old and if they have been friends for a long time... You see why I'm confused? Lol sorry please clarify for a better understanding. Thank you
Argette (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-31)
The shadows in the door may have had natural causes, like a coat rack, or something that created a human-looking shadow.

The shadows moving in the hallway could be light from a passing car.

A high EMF could have made you feel uneasy.

If those are similar explanations are ruled out, you have an very interesting situation. I'd do more research as Lady-Glow suggests.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-31)
Carenna: welcome to YGS.
Have you or your parents ever asked April and Lane if they have had any paranormal experiences in their house aside from April seeing the three shadows?
I think they are the ones that could answer your question to the full extent.

Thanks for sharing. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: