You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: When A Demon Shows Itself

Real Ghost Stories

When A Demon Shows Itself

 

I am an eternal skeptic. I believe in things such as God, angels, demons, etc... But when it comes to ghosts and such, I tend to be on the fence. I am a spiritual person and can feel good and evil... Even just by walking into a room. But I am undecided about "ghosts" of people who have died.

I hope you all will read my story and give me some objective viewpoints so that I may become a little more open to the idea of paranormal happenings. Or perhaps I'm looking to be convinced that I am not crazy, but rather simply in denial.

I'm just going to list my experiences in chronological order and give a brief description.

Here goes!

Starting around the age of 3 or 4, living in Blackfoot Idaho, I constantly heard my name being whispered. Every day, several times a day. Whether in the bathtub, a crowded room, an empty room, in bed at night, outside during the day... It didn't matter. I heard it loud and clear, CONSTANTLY. I remember asking my older sister (3yrs older than me) if she ever heard it, and she replied that she always hears HER name being whispered and she thinks it's normal. She said that everyone probably hears their name being whispered, and it has to do with our eardrums or something. So being the young child I was, I believed her when she said it was normal and never thought twice about it. I continued to hear it throughout my entire childhood, and would dismiss it upon realizing that no one around me was actually calling out to me.

Moving on to my teenage years... Living on a small farm in Oklahoma, I still heard my name being whispered quite a bit, but not nearly as often. It dwindled from several times per day to perhaps a couple of times per week. I still never thought to question it, but it did begin to creep me out. Around this time is when I also began feeling presences about me. Sometimes they were good, sometimes they completely frightened me. I began to think I was crazy, but I learned to live with the feelings and tried to ignore them.

When I stepped into my 20's, I moved to Texas. This is when all hell broke loose.

In quick summary, I began seeing dark shadows, hearing children's laughter and/or crying, hearing footsteps when home alone, feeling something sit on the edge of my bed at night, feeling hands on me when I was completely alone... Etc etc etc. There were even several instances when I would be driving my car and something would jerk my steering wheel to one side and nearly cause me to crash. There's too much to post.

Then I obtained a roommate who claimed to see demons and angels. He claimed he saw 2 demons hanging around me, but that there were also 3 angels, so I needn't worry. I didn't believe him, but didn't tell him that for fear of offending him. Upon getting to know him better, I discovered that he had an extensive collection of books about demons- one particular book about how to "summon a demon".

Oddly, I found him in the bathtub one day, fully clothed with no water in the tub... Sitting with the book and attempting to summon a demon. Naturally I thought he was crazy and asked him to stop it. But he explained that the demon was already summoned and that he could control it since he was the one who summoned it.

I told him to stop with his fantasies and to leave my home if he was going to act so absurdly. He then told me that he had asked the demon to show itself to me, but that it was not allowed to harm me or possess me. I didn't believe one bit of his ridiculous story and went about my business. That very week is when scary things began to happen to me when I was at home alone.

The first was that a glass bottle lifted off of the kitchen counter and then dropped straight to the floor, shattering. Still being the skeptic I am, I searched for open windows, doors, ceiling fans, any sort of breeze... But nothing. I still have no explanation. Next, I was watching a movie one night. It had something to do with a demon, but I can't remember what movie it was. Right as the demon was coming into character in the movie, I laughed and said that's so stupid. When I felt a hand literally sweep my lower back from right to left and every hair on my body stood on end.

I jolted out of my chair and glanced the entire room to see what could have touched me and nothing was there. I chalked it up to imagination.

The next day I was getting ready for work and was in the bathroom applying makeup. As I was leaning into the mirror to apply my eyeliner, my eyes turned from dark brown to jet black... And suddenly I wasn't looking at myself, but rather, something was staring back at me. I completely froze and nearly cried. And when I tried to look away I couldn't. Something was holding my stare. I began to panic and wanted to cry, but for some reason I said aloud- "let me see you". Instantly the stare was broken and my entire reflection in the mirror was clouded by a black shadow, concealing my face entirely. With instant regret I began crying and shouted "leave!" The entire incident lasted maybe a minute or two.

Within about 5 minutes of the incident, my "demon summoning" friend walked into the house and found me on the floor in the bathroom shocked and shaking, though I don't remember sitting down. He laughed and said "did he finally show himself?"

I said some nasty words and told him to get the hell out of my house and take his crap with him. There was no blaming my imagination for the final incident. And there is no way someone could have staged THAT.

The last thing I'd like to add is that I now have a 13 year old son, and unfortunately he is the biological child of that former roommate I kicked out. He knew I was pregnant with his child at the time, but upon kicking him out he began to claim the baby wasn't his. I allowed him to make the claims because I knew I wanted no part of raising a baby with the likes of him, and quite frankly I feared him.

When my son was very young he would talk to people who weren't there, stare at the ceiling or corner, and he often hears his name being spoken even when no one has said a word. He is also very sensitive to "good and evil" presences, as am I.

My son is not "evil" or anything out of a scary movie. He's a good boy with a wonderful heart and soul. We are both Christian and have an abundance of faith.

I would really appreciate your thoughts and opinions. You can't and won't offend me.

Believe me, I WANT you to give me a rational explanation.

Thanks in advance to all who read this.

Other hauntings by Perhaps

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Perhaps, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Azreyl (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-30)
Not all demons are evil. Not all angels are good. Much like humans, they have the will to choose. I'm sorry you had such a terrifying event occur. I've had many years helping people deal with haunting. Curses. Possessions.

Hopefully nothing more happens to scare or concern you. If it does. I would help.:)
WeScorchedTheSky (9 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-06)
I think you did the right thing in kicking him out. Once you invite a demon in, you can't control it, and it can hurt people who aren't under God's protection. I'm currently researching paranormal stories for my English project, and thank you for posting this. I hope you don't mind that I may use it. I promise I won't twist your words or use them out of context. God bless,

WeScorchedTheSky
Chookie (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-11)
Basically, I m sorry you have gone through this and pray that those things, leave you and your son alone. Please continue to pray and go to church and keep your faith. Don't let nothing discourage you. I will pray for you and your son...
Don't pay no mind to them, they want your attention to wear you off the good stuff...
taurus83 (4 stories) (84 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-01)
whispering your name, I have gone through that my entire childhood. But also what came with it were knocks on the door of the room I was in. So your definitly not alone. It's great your christian and have Faith in the Lord. He should protect you fromall of that. I hope your son doesn't have to ever experience what you have. It's dangerous for thay sort of thing to happen!
Perhaps (2 stories) (5 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-30)
Wow I just finished reading all of the new comments that have arrived since my last post.
Thank you all so much for responding.
I appreciate them all, even DonBryant's.
In a summarized reply to all~
I don't believe that my son's father is still sending demons to harrass me... And I have no clue why he thought he could "control" the demons he summoned. I tried not to get involved in that mess because it's not my style. I believe God is more powerful than demons, but nonetheless, I don't want to test them.
I will definitely speak to my son in an open manner and find out if he has had other experiences. Maybe we can both learn about the paranormal together.
We do watch all of those "ghost" shows on television... But it's only in fun. We never discuss our opinions about it, we just comment on whether it's creepy or fake.
I am an extremely open minded person, even though some "religious" people have shunned me for it. It seems there is an unspoken rule that if you have faith in something, you are to shun all other ideas or beliefs. I completely disagree with that idea. I believe in God and the Bible, but I also believe that the Bible doesn't explain everything we wish it would... So we must discover and learn for ourselves.
That is exactly why I joined this site. To listen and learn... And perhaps develop a better understanding of the paranormal side of things. I am keeping note of the posters here that I feel are wise and can offer intelligent insight. I may be a skeptic, but I'm no fool;)
Still, I'm fascinated will all of the different aspects that all of you shared. It has given me more to consider and look into.
I truly appreciate it folks.
Thanks a bunch! <3 ❤
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-23)
RedWolf: You're right, that's why I didn't disagree with that point 😊, and also why I've bowed out of the conversation. WhiteWolf, thank you for the kick in the butt 😆.

Val: That's a great link and sums up much of what we were trying to say. Thank you!
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-05-22)
Dear Perhaps,
I went in search for something I read a long time ago that I believe might help you. Read it all the way through to the end (even the comments.)
Http://theparanormalpastor.blogspot.com/2008/08/bible-and-paranormal-part-1-ghosts.html
When it comes to matters of YOUR faith, your best judge is that of your own heart.
I hope it will be of some help to you.
~Val
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-22)
zzsgranny
I agree with WhiteWolf only I think it should have read please ignore DonBryant.
His Bible thumping quotes were giving me a headache. Yes it does help the O/P to hear other views and opinions but when someone is breaking the rules and quoting from the Bible it can be quite confusing. Especially for someone who is on the fence about a subject.

Regards
Red
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-22)
Perhaps,
I apologize my tablet crashed.
To continue Tell him there are miracles that happen everyday that nobody can explain. Such as someone surviving a building collapse for days with only minor injuries and dehydration. Ask him if he believes in Guardian Angels. He is at that age where his friends are curious about this and watch shows like Ghost Hunters and they may talk about it in school. If he mentions someone having a Ouija Board and wants him to play with it tell him to decline. It is sold in toy stores but it is NOT a toy.
I don't usually recommend this but why don't you watch some television shows such as Ghost Hunters who investigate and try to debunk hauntings. There are other shows such as My Ghost Story or Celebrity Ghost Stories. You may get a good chuckle over some of these stories as I do but it may open your mind if you see many other people believe in ghosts/spirits. As I said I don't usually recommend watching these shows.
I wouldn't talk to him about what his father did though, that was messed up.
shandi (9 stories) (86 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-22)
Dear Perhaps,
When I was young up until my teenaged years I also heard my name being called. It would usually sound like my mother. Though when I heard it it was never whispered. Also I have felt many times like someone has sat on the edge of my bed or has laid down when I have been completely alone. So you are not alone in your experiences. I am sorry such a nasty guy was in your life, but it sounds like you have a great son!
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-22)
Perhaps,
You ask how and when to speak to your son about what I will call spirits and the paranormal.
You say that he hears his name being called when he is alone and is sensitive to good and evil as you are. You are not betraying God by believing in such things so let's remove that veil so you can speak openly and honestly about the subject to your son.
As for when to talk to him about the subject. I would do it as soon as possible but while you are alone and a quite moment. Open the subject by asking him if he still hears his name being called. If he answers yes ask him if he has witnessed anything else. If he says yes tell him to keep an open mind about other their being things in this world that can't be explained.
Amihet (5 stories) (94 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-05-22)
zzsgrany: I agree with you, it can be of great benefit to hear other's opinions and to keep an opened mind. What I find annoying is when self-rightous people try to ram their perception of reality down our throats and try to discredit our personal experiences. This life is a journey and we learn as we go along.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-22)
WhiteWolf: I respectfully disagree with you.
#1: We're only answering/replying to posts directed at us from DonBryant
And
#2: I believe it does help the O/P to get the views of others.
WhiteWolf (4 stories) (147 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-22)
Everyone please stop going after DonBryant it is nonsense to fight over and is not helping the o/p it is best to just ignore someone who does not follow the rules.

Perhaps, The man who claimed to control "demons" is out of your life if you believe that he is still sending them after you shield your son and yourself from anything that he may send your way.

Whitewolf,
Amihet (5 stories) (94 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-22)
Dear DonBryant: Please read LUKE Chap 24 verse 15: and it came to pass that they communed together and reasoned, Jesus himself drew near, and went with them (disciples) 16:But their eyes were holden and they should not know him: (his own disciples didn't know who he was). 39-Jesus does say that spirit had not flesh or bone. At the resurrection Jesus's body was changed or transformed. Now this is were the Christians from different denominations can't seem to agree JOHN chapter 20 verse 15-The women see Jesus at the tomb site and think he is the gardner Verse 17- Jesus said unto Mary, TOUCH ME NOT; FOR I AM NOT ASCENDED TO MY FATHER. (explain that). MARK chpt-16 verse9-Jesus appeared to Mary Magdalene (he cast 7 devils out of this woman) verse 12-After he appeared in another form unto two of them (disciples) as they walked and went into the country. So here Jesus changes body form or he manifest into a different form. JOHN 20-19 The disciples were hiding out of fear in a locked room and Jesus appears and stood in their midst. Now the next verse is interpret differently by many Christian denominations 1JOHN Chpt 4 verse 1- Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits wether they are of God, because many false prophets are gone out unto the world 2-Hearby know ye the spirit of God, EVERY SPIRIT THAT CONFESSES THAT JESUS IS COME IN THE FLESH IS OF GOD. So who are these SPIRITS. You are entitled to believe whatever you choose but remember something you are not GOD, you don't everything, the Bible is interpret differently by all Christian denominations. Even in my Church, we are all Baptist and some don't even believe in the rapture, some say the rapture will happen before the tribulation some same during and some say after. Our ghost encounter: He was not a mist form or a transparent form, no it was a human with bone structure, muscle definition, hair, teeth and he was wearing a cotton dress shirt. He was solid and the only strange thing about him, was that he had a golden glow and he appeared for only a few seconds. For a Christian your post exudes a lot of hostility. Why did you choose to ignore my other statement from Revelation chapter 1 verse 10 where John says "I was in spirit on the Lord's day and heard behind me a great noise, as of a trumpet". I have read my Bible cover to cover many times but I don't have the arrogance to insist that I know it all. Nobody knows at all. Remember what apostle Paul said, in this world we only know in part but in the Lord's presence we will know it all. I really don't like to debate the Bible especially with other Christians but you don't know me and you have not walked in my shoes. I am fully aware that in the Bible there are stories bout demonic possession, angels, prophets, speaking in tongues and many miracles. In closing pray for wisdom. God Bless You.
WishfulNull (151 posts)
+5
11 years ago (2013-05-22)
Dearest Pjod, didn't you know he's on a mission? Afterall...

Insulting others by not considering alternate beliefs valid:

... -5 karma points

Presuming to know "The Absolute Truth" of everything:

... -5 karma points

Proving to the world that the pompously righteous will never stoop to listening to reason?

... - PRICELESS
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+4
11 years ago (2013-05-22)
Here's what really scares me- there are plenty of folks out there like DonBryant- fanatics of sorts, but trying to get a foothold in the political arena. Not only do they believe the Demonic is associated with all hauntings, but all paranormal activity, period. They admit the "UFO" phenom is real, only that, again, the beings associated with these craft, are demons. If/when the general public becomes aware that an ET presence, is indeed engaging the human race, with it's own agenda- Should these religious phanatics happen to be in any position of power, they would see to it the destruction of life as we know it- rather than allow "demons in advanced craft" to go about it's business surveying, tagging, collecting samples for their own biological agenda.
Think this all absurd, but I've seen/heard some of these far right- religious think tanks speaking out.
There is no mystery with these folks. Everything is explained-
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+3
11 years ago (2013-05-22)
DonBryant: I'm not going to argue religion with you. How dare you assume to have an inkling of my beliefs? I will, however, attempt to bring some perspective into this conversation.

Our own little dinky galaxy, the Milky Way, contains 200-400 BILLION stars (of which our Sun is one). It is 100,000-120,000 light years in circumference. (A light year is the distance that light travels in one year.) Can you see, just in our own galaxy, how small and insignificant the human race is? In other words: Why would Satan and his minions give a crap about us when he has an entire universe to play in?

Perhaps: I'm sorry this has broken out on your thread, but these conversations tend to erupt on occasion. I'll leave you with what I said in my first comment: "I really don't think there's anything anyone can say that will help you open your mind to the possibility of human spirits or ghosts. That's a personal journey and one that has to be taken alone, unfortunately."
WishfulNull (151 posts)
+4
11 years ago (2013-05-22)
Dear DonBryant, Just a little tip here... Members of this site come from all different cultures, religions and backgrounds. I truly don't wish to offend you, but As a general rule, it is somewhat inappropriate for one member to tell another what they "ought" to know, and what they "should" think, or what is the "truth", without acknowledging that it is your Own Opinion/belief, only. If you choose to quote the bible, fine - just be aware that some people however, believe in a different religious tome, or none at all. You are coming across as being abrasive, and disrespectful to other religions and viewpoints, by presuming to tell others "the truth", when in actuality, it is only what YOU believe to be the truth.
Narella (guest)
+2
11 years ago (2013-05-22)
DonBryant-The Bible tells of the existence of ghosts. Haven't you read Chapter 28 of I Samuel? Saul speaks to the spirit of Samuel.
WishfulNull (151 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-05-22)
Wow DonBryant..."holier than thou", much? 🤔

505050505050505050
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+3
11 years ago (2013-05-22)
"This site offers discussions on the topic of ghost experiences, with people coming from various cultures, so please avoid proselytizing or preaching, unless the author of a story specifically asks to receive feedback from that religious perspective. This site is not about religious beliefs, it is about actual personal paranormal experiences and exploring reality with an open and investigative mind so we can actually learn more about the paranormal, with the same empirical mind set that made science so successful in other fields. Religions have a lot of wisdom to offer in terms of personal spirituality, but they can also limit our knowledge of the world with old superstitions and unproven dogmas. It's fine to share what your religion has to offer as a possible explanation, but everyone has their own, they certainly don't come here to be converted, **so please, don't push it on others as irrefutable fact.**"
DonBryant, if the rest of us can follow this I'm sure you can, too. 😊
DonBryant (5 posts)
-3
11 years ago (2013-05-22)
To Zzsgranny,

Here is what "Perhaps" started off with:

"I believe in things such as [God, angels, demons], etc... But when it comes to ghosts and such, I tend to be on the fence."

Since she mentioned God, angels and demons, I am responding in kind, else you would have to post the same resentment to her as you did to me.

You said:
"sometimes one's religious beliefs tend to cloud one's mind to the extent that they can't see the obvious."

Actually, one's understanding of God's word clarifies this issue, because the truth of this matter is in his word and that being that God does not allow human souls/spirits to wander around after death.

You say you believe in ghost's, but that is because it is based on your senses, what you can see, what you can hear, what can you feel, which demonic beings are able to easily manipulate. Someone says, "I have proof! I saw an apparition of a little girl or a soldier," Yet they don't take into consideration that demonic beings are able to take on any form they wish and their purpose is to deceive, which they seem to be doing very well.

The fact is though, neither you nor anyone else ever gets to see who is actually behind the paranormal activity except for what they want you to see. They masquerade as human spirits and reenact human events and since you are so gullible, you believe it. Because people don't believe in God, they don't understand who the enemy of mankind is. So, what you call the "Obvious" is not the obvious, because you are trusting in your senses and those are easily manipulated by demonic beings.

Personally, I wish that these demonic beings were forced to show their true nature to people so that it would put an end to this deception. I'll tell you though, a time is coming when those who desire the paranormal are going to get way more than they'd like and they won't be human ghosts, but demonic beings that will be let out of the Abyss at the 5th trumpet judgment and that only to torment people for five months.

The wrath of God is coming and with it, the man of lawlessness, that antichrist, and he will have a false prophet performing miracles, signs and wonders on his behalf. The word of God warns us about this ahead of time, obviously because I just told you about it, but if you'd like to check it out yourself read Revelation 13. Yet, even though it is written in his word that these miracles, signs and wonders will be satanic counterfeits, the majority of the inhabitants of the earth will be deceived by them. Why? Because people will be trusting in the miracles, signs and wonders instead of the word of God. After all, they don't want to hear any of that God stuff, because it clouds one's mind.
DonBryant (5 posts)
-3
11 years ago (2013-05-22)
To Rookdygin,

You said:
"If they go either to Heaven or directly to Hades as you put it then why is a Judgment going to happen before the 'great white throne'?"

Reply:
Rookdygin, to answer your question, there are going to be a couple of different judgments prior to the great white thone judgment and it will start with the God's people. The church will be judged when the resurrection and catching away takes place, but not for sin. Believers will be judged for our works in Christ and will receive reward or loss of reward. There will be a judgment when the Lord returns to the earth of the goats and the sheep, these will people who make it through that last seven years before Christ returns to end the age and set up his millennial kingdom on this earth. The great white throne judgment takes place at the end of the millennial period where all those who have been in Hades will be resurrected out (Rev.20:12-15) and will be judged according to thier sins. Anyones name not found in the book of life will be thrown into the lake of fire.

Many people don't understand that Hell and Hades are two different places. Hades is place within the heart of the earth where the souls of the lost dead reside once they die and are in torment in flaime (see Luke 16:19-31). Revelation 20:13 shows them being resurrected out of Hades to stand at the great throne judgment. During that judgment, anyone whose name is not found written in the book of life is then thrown into the lake of fire. Geenna translated as Hell, also called the lake of fire and the second death, is the final place of punishment for the unfaithful and all who have rejected Christ as Lord and Saviour.

Hell, the lake of fire, was created specifically for Satan and his angels. ("Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels). Anyone who lives according to the sinful nature, the flesh, is doing the work of Satan and will also end up in the lake of fire.

You said:
"Seems to me its not needed as the Souls have already 'ascended' to be with Heavenly Father or have been cast into the 'Pits of Damnation' according to what you have stated."

Reply:
You are correct the [souls] will have already ascended, but they will be resurrected just as Christ was resurrect, both for the righteous and unrighteous. The unrighteous who die, their bodies are buried in the earth, while their souls are taken to Hades. At the end of the thousand reign of Christ, all those souls in hades will be resurrected out having solid bodies just like the righteous when they are resurrected. The only difference is that, the righteous who are resurrected spend eternity with God in a new heaven, new earth and a New Jersalem. On the other hand, those who are resurrected out of Hades also have resurrected bodies, but spend their time in the lake of fire.

All people who have died in Christ, their souls are in Christ's presence in heaven waiting to resurrected. Likewise their are the souls of those who are in Hades that will be resurrected as well. The resurrection has to do with one's original, physical body.

You said:
"51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory."

What you have listed above is the resurrection and catching away. This does not happen at the time of death, as it is only the soul that departs from the body. The resurrection has to do with your body rising from the grave and being reunited with your soul/spirit. For example, right now Paul's soul is in heaven with the Lord, but his body is still in the dust of the earth. When the resurrection takes place, Paul's soul along with all the others will come with the Lord and will be reunited with their resurrected bodies.

However, for those who are still alive at the time when the resurrection takes place, they will simply be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye and will be caught up with those who will have just previously be resurrected (see 1 Cor.15:51-53).

I assure that taking Scriputure out of context is something that I am well aware of and do not make a practice of. For I have been studying the word of God for over 40 years and I am well aware of what it says.

* When the righteous die, their souls go to be in the presence of the Lord.

* When the unrighteous die, their souls are taken to Hades waiting for their resurrection and judgment.

* When the Lord descends, then the bodies of the righteous will rise (resurrection) and be reunited with their souls.

* At the end of the thousand year reign of Christ, the souls in Hades will be reunited with their bodies (resurrected) and will stand at the great white throne judgment and anyones name not found in the book of life will be cast into the lake of fire, which is the second death.

I hope that this answers your questions.
DonBryant (5 posts)
-3
11 years ago (2013-05-22)
To Amihet,

You said:
"After Jesus resurrected he appeared to the disciples in spirit form."

You obviously don't read or understand the word of God if you came to the conclusion that Jesus appeared in spirit form to his disciples. The truth is that he resurrected in the same body that he was crucified in. The very word "Anastasia" translated "Resurrection" literally means to "stand up again bodily." His disciples thought the same thing that you did, that he was a spirit, but he proved to them the opposite as seen in the verse below:

"Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have."

Notice that Jesus said, "a ghost does not have flesh and bone as you see I have." So the spirit theory is out the door. Jesus resurrection was a bodily resurrection and to believe anything else is to deny the Lord who bought you. In fact, his bodily resurrection was proof of him being the Son of God (Romans 1:4)

I repeat, any paranormal activity is caused only by demonic beings and that because God's word shows that he does not allow human souls to wander around after death. You say that you read God's word, then you ought to have noticed all of the demons that Jesus and his disciples were casting out of people.

If you think that Jesus' resurrection was spiritual, then explain the following verse:

"because you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead, you will not let your holy one see decay."

The above verse is a prophesy from Psalms regarding the resurrection of Christ and to my knowledge spirits don't decay, bodies do.

Regarding you claim of a spiritual resurrection, you would also have to ask yourself the question as to why the Jewish leaders who had jesus crucified went to Pilot after he was put in the tomb and asked him for a squad of Roman guards to guard the tomb so that his disciples wouldn't steal his [BODY] and then claim that he resurrected. His resurrection was a bodily resurrection with Godly power and abilities.
Amihet (5 stories) (94 posts)
+4
11 years ago (2013-05-21)
I truly empathize with you. I am a Christian and I always believed that when the body dies, the soul or spirit goes to either heaven or hell. I had a rude awakening two and a half years ago and I no longer believe it. The irony is that my experiences with the supernatural has strengthened my faith in God and his Son Jesus. John who wrote the book of revelation/apocalypse was taken in the spirit to heaven. After Jesus resurrected he appeared to the disciples in spirit form. I believe that there is a spirit world that most people cannot see. Remember as well that we cannot see virus, bacteria or the atom with the naked eye. This is how I rationalize my experience with the paranormal and it keeps me sane. The bible also says that in this world we cannot understand everything but when we are with the Lord we will understand all. I find that praying helps me a great deal. This is what works for me and I am sure that everyone has their own beliefs and if it works for them than its great. I hope and pray that you and your son find peace.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-21)
DonBryant,

If they go either to Heaven or directly to Hades as you put it then why is a Judgment going to happen before the 'great white throne'? Seems to me its not needed as the Souls have already 'ascended' to be with Heavenly Father or have been cast into the 'Pits of Damnation' according to what you have stated. Besides you may be familiar with the Scriptures in the book of Revelation and Luke which you have quoted from but what about 1st Corinthians 38-54:

"38 But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body.
39 All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds.
40 There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.
41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.
42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
47 The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven.
48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.
50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory."

Clearly Paul speaks of 3 Glories which I have taken the Liberty of 'removing the religion' from as I referred to them as Levels or Realms. One must be careful when quoting scripture, too often a single line can be taken 'out of context' from the Authors true meaning.

Please do not come preaching unless you truly understand what you are preaching about.

Respectfully,

Rook
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+6
11 years ago (2013-05-21)
Perhaps: The previous comment by DonBryant is exactly the kind of closed mindedness we try to avoid here on the site. It's this sort of "guilt trip" fanatics love to lay on you.

DonBryant: Please read and follow the "Comments Guidelines", this in particular:
"This site offers discussions on the topic of ghost experiences, with people coming from various cultures, so please avoid proselytizing or preaching, unless the author of a story specifically asks to receive feedback from that religious perspective. This site is not about religious beliefs, it is about actual personal paranormal experiences and exploring reality with an open and investigative mind so we can actually learn more about the paranormal, with the same empirical mind set that made science so successful in other fields. Religions have a lot of wisdom to offer in terms of personal spirituality, but they can also limit our knowledge of the world with old superstitions and unproven dogmas. It's fine to share what your religion has to offer as a possible explanation, but everyone has their own, they certainly don't come here to be converted, **so please, don't push it on others as irrefutable fact.**"

This comment from DonBryant is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-21)
I do agree to what granny mentions in her comments, and definitely relate to what Rook says as well.

My two cents was my way of trying to reassure Perhaps that its ok, don't worry. I just felt for her, can only imagine how difficult it must be to see the child go through this and not to mention the pressurs of the faiths we follow.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: