You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost Made Itself Look Like Me

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Made Itself Look Like Me

 

This happened in an old apartment my parents and I used to live in, in Minnesota. I have a couple small, but scary stories.

First story, I was about 5 or 6 and it was early in the morning and I was at school and my dad was at work. We had one of those cool, clear light-up landline phones. My mom was home alone watching tv when the phone rang and she picked it up and there was no answer. She hung up and a couple minutes later the phone rang again and there was no answer. So she turned off the ringer.

But then it started ringing again. She was very startled by this, so she unplugged the phone but a couple minutes later it rang again. She freaked out and started crying and she left the apartment and walked to my dad's work and refused to go back into the house until he was done with work and could return home with her.

Another time. My dad was at work again and my mom was having a girl night with her friend Jean, they were just watching tv, and I was there too. Later around 9, my mom had sent me to bed and she and her friend Jean had continued to watch tv.

There is the living room, and to the left is a hallway that leads down to the bedrooms and the bathroom. Right at the beginning of the hallway there is an entrance to the kitchen, so there is a fridge on the right side and then there's a wall with a giant plastic cased picture on the left wall of the hallway.

About an hour later my mom and Jean had seen me in the reflection of the picture. Nothing out of the ordinary, as a child I would often stand by the fridge in the hallway and watch tv through the reflection of the picture. My mom had told me to go to bed, then went back to watching tv and talking with Jean. About 5 minutes later, she still saw me standing there, so she got up to go down the hallway and told Jean to go around through the other entrance to the kitchen so they could trap me and get me and send me to bed for sure for the night. There was no sign of me. They got to my room and they swear on it that I was asleep.

Like, 7 years later my mom told me this story and I asked if I could have possibly been faking sleeping that night, and she told me there's no chance, because every time I faked it, I'd always end up laughing. Every single time.

Also, in the same apartment after my sister Tasha was born, once she was about 3, she would sit in the corner by the front door and talk to a boy and a girl and she called them by name. She called him Phillip, and called the girl Mary, and my parents have never used those names, so it creeped them out.

I would like to know what you guys think about these stories. And if you have any questions, go ahead and ask. Thank you.

Other hauntings by Carenna

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Carenna, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-05)
Kali-Ma - I like your disclaimer 😊 There are few members who need to use this, as they seem to think they know everything there is to know about a person from just a paragraph or two 😆 Trolls, gotta love 'em LOL
Kali-Ma (7 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-05)
You might have a doppleganger! This could be a cool thing, or a bad thing, depending on the folklore. Or it might have been a ghost feeding off your energy enough to be apply to take your image.

DISCLAIMER: I'm no supernatural expert, only interested it.
Carenna (2 stories) (6 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-05)
[At] sunearth my mom and I both discussed that as well. It seems more likely than the ghost making itself look like me, when I think of it. Thank you for the comment:)

[At] IzzyC both of those theories are interesting. That could be possible yes, but my mom saw me too. Thank you for your feed back

[At] tigerviolet no problem, anytime, and thank you very much:)

[At] ghost_seeker Thank you:) nope, neither of them were drinking, shockingly.
ghost_seeker123 (2 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-03)
this is a really good story, your mother was having a girls night was she drinking?
tiggerviolet (5 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-03)
thank you for answering my question! 😊 it was a really good story and I would love to read more about your encounters 😊
IzzyC (3 stories) (13 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-08-03)
I have a couple of theories to add to the lot, if I may. Maybe the so-called 'ghost' really was you, but at another point in time. I've heard of this happening with people, though sometimes ages apart. Another idea is that Jean saw a reflection of a little girl ghost that didn't quite look like you, but she only assumed it was you since she would have no way to think it might be anybody else. Very cool story.
sunearth (2 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-02)
me and my mom both read this and we think that, either you were having an outter body expierance or your energy created an imprint of yoh, that can happen sometimes because houses carry energy and sometimes when we think we are seeing a ghost we are actually seeing just an imprint of the previous people who lived there or sometimes ourselves, if it were a ghost it would have taken your image but it still wouldn't look exactly like you, infact ghost don't really manifest themselves taking on the image of other people, that would be something a demon would do. But I don't think it was demonic, just your soul traveling or an imprint.
Carenna (2 stories) (6 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-02)
[At] tiggerviolet I have never in my life sleep walked before, but good question I'm glad you asked. And when I'm sleeping, I'm very aware of my surroundings, and have been since I could walk! 😊

[At] 67violet Thank you very much, I'm glad I didn't have to experience all of that scary, lol.

[At] Keya I wish I did but maybe I could try to look up the history and see what happened there. But I do know it wasn't evil, for none of us ever got hurt.
Keya_Ray (10 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-02)
very good story... Scary too... Did you find out about the identity of the ghost?
67Violet (1 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-01)
This is a really cool story. It sounds scary but interesting 😁 😊
tiggerviolet (5 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-31)
hi! I just want to ask if there is a possibility you could have bnen sleep walking? 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: