You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: My Dog Came Back!

Real Ghost Stories

My Dog Came Back!

 

This happened a few days back after my lab pup died. He was hit by a car in the evening when I took him for a walk. He was an adorable companion, and would welcome me warmly after I returned from work. Honestly, I forgot all my problems about office once I saw him. After his death I was really upset and used to think about him all the time. As I stay alone, he was my roommate. Joe (my dog) always slept with me in the bed.

One night while I was lying on bed after coming back home, I heard scratching sounds just next to my bed. It was exactly like Joe did when he wanted me to take him out for a leak. I got up and searched the area, but I didn't find anything. I got even more upset and started missing him a lot. But as I was tired by the day's work I gradually fell asleep.

But yesterday something really weird happened. As soon as I switched off the lights and went to bed, I again heard that scratching sound. But this time I didn't get up. After sometime, I felt like someone sitting on the edge of the bed and slowly moving towards me. I don't know why but at that very moment I called for Joe, the same way I use to call him from underneath the blanket. Then as soon as I called his name, it felt like someone just ran from the foot of the bed towards my head and sat on the pillows. It was the exact same thing Joe did whenever I called him to sleep with me.

I immediately got up and switched on my cell phone's flashlight but couldn't see him. I really felt bad and was in tears. I felt as he came back to say that he is fine and there with me.

I really miss him a lot and just pray that wherever he is, he's happy.

Other hauntings by Dldr

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Dldr, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Sakie (1 stories) (23 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-19)
Sad that you lost your beloved pup to an unfortunate accident. But glad to know that he loves you as much as he did when he was alive!

Both of you are lucky as you share an eternal bond with each other, no wonder he still cares to show you that he is there for you!

God Bless!
ghosthunter9876 (67 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-21)
Just be happy in knowing that he is safe from this greedy selfish and backstabbing two timing world we humans live in these days.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-21)
Before I'll say anything about this story. I just want to appeal to all the vehicle drivers. Please open your eye while driving. Most of the stray dogs are also got injured or death because drivers do not see them don't even they come out of the car to see the poor animal who got injured. 😠 😠 😠

Dldr- I can understand your feeling to losing your dog. It is sweet story. My eyes are filled with tear.

Regards,
elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-19)
Oh ❤

This is so sad. I am so very sorry for your pain; losing an animal is a very hard thing to have to go through.

This is sweet, though, that he would come back and let you know that everything is alright. Take your comfort from that- even if you can't see him, he still came to see you.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
10 years ago (2014-08-19)
I am sorry for your loss. Animals are an important part of life. They teach us patience, compassion, and above all unconditional love.
Love is eternal, although physical life is only temporary. I believe that the animals we've been blessed to share time with will find a way to let us know that they are alright, that although they've passed, their life continues, as does their love. It sounds like he wanted you to know he has found his way in the afterlife, and not to worry about him.
We had a beautiful dog, who passed. Our surviving dog was pretty lonely, so we adopted a dog for him. Having her join the household, although it was for Riley's state of mind, helped our grief a great deal. She couldn't replace our lost dog, but she filled the emptiness with a new joy. When you find yourself recovered from grief enough to consider a new dog, I think you should visit shelters until you find the companion that is right for you.
That's just my thoughts, and I truly hope you recover from your grief soon. Your dog sounds like he was a beautiful soul, and I know he would want only happiness for you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: