You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Friend's Mother's Bedroom

Real Ghost Stories

My Friend's Mother's Bedroom

 

Ian and I have been friends for quite a while, and we're always honest towards each other. He's always told that he is able to see and feel spirits, and some of his family experiences stuff too. At first, I was very skeptical about his experiences, and I still am a bit skeptical. He's shown me stuff around his house that supposedly proves that there is a spirit in the house. For example, Ian told me that his Uncle Don, who passed away a while ago, had visited him many times. On Ian's dishwasher, you can see in very faint writing, "Don". Ian told me that it had not been there before, and I believe him. Although, I'm still not convinced.

One day, I went over to Ian's house, and we managed to get into a conversation about spirits. He told me that his mom used to see her grandmother every night, standing right next to her bed, and she would see her in her dreams too. One day, I guess his mom got freaked out, told her to stop, and to go away. She did. Ian also told me that the one night his mom woke up around 3 in the morning, and she heard laughing, coming from inside her bedroom. I kept thinking to my self that it could have been her mind playing tricks on her, or it could have been something else. I wasn't sure what to think of all of that. I know Ian wouldn't lie to me about something like that. I know he is telling the truth, but at the same time I was still skeptical about it. I wanted to experience this for myself. Then I finally said to Ian, "Hey, we should go up into your mom's room, see if we could find anything." He asked me, "Are you sure?", like I would regret doing it. I insisted on doing it. I wanted to believe in spirits. Then he said, "Sure, let's go!" Ian doesn't have a problem with these kind of experiences because he deals with them all the time, so he doesn't really think much of it.

Then we started walking upstairs into his mother's room. I wasn't feeling anything, yet. I wasn't nervous about it. I was actually kind of excited. Right as we walked into his mom's room, it got cold. It was winter at the time this was all happening, and her room is right next to the patio, so I figured that could have been why it was cold. Then we just stood there at the edge of her bed. I tried to contact any spirits that were in the room. I said, "If there is anybody in this room with us, please give us a sign. We mean no harm. We just want to see if there is anybody with us in this room at this very moment." I even put out my hand, and asked any spirits to touch it. It was still cold. At that moment, the atmosphere in the room, it got really weird. I got this feeling that there was someone else in the room with us. This is hard to explain, and I'm going to try to explain this feeling the best I can. I felt nervous, but I was trying not to feel that way. Just being in that room was very uncomfortable for me. Ian will always tell me if he feels something. Ian said he started to get uncomfortable too, and insisted on going back downstairs. I could tell he wasn't joking. I told him to wait a little longer. Maybe about a minute later, which felt a lot longer than that, Ian's cat (Gizmo) darted up the stairs. Gizmo stopped dead in his tracks in front of the room we were in, and just stared at us. His ears were folded back, his eyes were widened, and he had this frightened look on his face. Right then, Ian and I both knew that we had to leave the room. We quickly walked back downstairs. Then the feeling went away, but I was still a bit freaked out by the whole thing.

About a half hour later, two of our other friends (Todd & Andy) came over. We told them everything that happened. Andy has even experienced these kind of things before, even in Ian's house too! Andy said he saw a man in Ian's basement before. I'm not sure if Todd has ever experienced anything though. Anyway, all of us decided to go up into his mom's room, again. This time I was actually nervous. Then as we walked into his mom's room, it wasn't as cold. We all stood there, and nothing happened. Everything felt normal. It wasn't cold. I didn't get uncomfortable or anything. I was thinking to myself, what the heck! Then we all went back downstairs and continued on with our day.

I wanted to share this experience out on this site to get other opinions. I've also had other minor experiences at Ian's house, but none of them compared to this one I just shared. Please tell me what you all think of this. Could there have been some spiritual entity in that room? I would greatly appreciate some feedback, and thanks for reading.

Dylan

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, 21loccandkey12, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

21loccandkey12 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-21)
Well we weren't snooping around or messing around with her room, we were kind of just standing there waiting for something to happen. But still like you said, it was probably just the spirit looking out for her and her room, and we probably aggravated the spirit. Thanks for your feedback MandyyNicole! 😊
MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-21)
Yep, that's exactly what I was thinking. It's quite possible you irritated somebody, maybe even his grandma? It sounds like whatever happened, whoever it was, was probably just looking out for his mom and her room while she wasn't around. I wonder if it didn't happen a second time because you were not causing any harm or snooping, and perhaps that was recognized by the energy from the first time. If that makes any sense?
Cool story!
21loccandkey12 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-21)
To MandyyNicole,
We didn't ask to go into her room. It was wrong to do that. But we did tell her about it. She didn't believe me though, because I had said before that I didn't believe in spirits. I insisted that it was true. She didn't mind the fact that we went in there, it was okay. It was probably relevant to the whole experience though. It might have made the spirit mad? What do you think?

Thanks sheetal for the comment! I know not to use a ouija board. 😁
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-21)
Hi, 21loccandkey12 I liked the way you described the story... Which makes this story a quite amazing... Either you are sure or not but don't use oujja board... Thanks for sharing... 😁
MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-20)
All I could think while reading this was "I hope you had his mother's permission to be in there!".
So, before I continue with my train of thought, DID you have permission to be in her room? (I promise it's relevant)
21loccandkey12 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-20)
Yeah I wouldn't think of using a ouija board, that's just asking for trouble. If I were to come into contact with a spirit again somehow, how could I communicate with it without aggravating it And thanks for the tips Dacom!
Dacom (3 stories) (28 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-20)
Hi there hope you are well,
The cat is the key to your story animals can sense things.
The cat being scared or tence for no apparent reason is what you should take note of.
BUT I highly recommend you don't keep asking for a sign. You may start aggravating things to happen or invite something else in.
Don't use an ouija board in the house ether, you may get something that isn't what it's saying it is and you've opened the way for it to stay.
Or worse attach it's self to one of you.
Stay safe take care.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: