You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Sleep Paralysis And Demons

Real Ghost Stories

Sleep Paralysis And Demons

 

I'm not writer or a story teller; I\'m someone in need of answers. I\'ve always had an encounter of Sleep Paralysis, when I can't move and see someone holding me down and grinning. The last time this happened was in the last month of September 2013 every night until the beginning of November. I would switch off the light in my room and get ready for bed I\'d fall asleep and by 2:55 a.m. Or 3:15 a.m. I\'d feel stuck not being able to move and in so much fear there's no way of explaining that fear. I would see this old lady in a white Gown on top of me Laughing and grinning at me and would Whisper in my ear "come with me". I would try to fight it off and move away but I couldn\'t. What felt like hours of being trapped was only 5-10 minutes. Once it would let me free I'd run to the light and switch it on and didn't sleep anymore.

The next day I told my mother what had happened and my sisters at first they didn't believe me which I don't blame them I sounded crazy. The next night same routine lights off go to sleep and be woken up 2:55 or 3:15 a.m. Only this time I saw the old lady in the corner of my room coming towards me. I got up so fast and ran to switch the light on. When I switched it on I didn't see it anymore but I sat in my bed and cried because of the fear. My mother got up to use the washroom and saw my room light on and she walked in and asked me what's wrong. I told her and she went to the kitchen brought a tall glass of water and said "that is for your spirit to drink some when it leaves your body. After she put the glass on the middle of table she said I\'ll be right back going to washroom. As soon as she turned around the old lady Appeared in the corner looking very angry and smacked the glass cup towards her and my mother was by my room door and the glass slammed against the door splashing my mom\'s feet when it fell. I was sitting all the way on the corner of my bed shaking and terrified. My mother also terrified realized something bad was going on.

The next night she told me to go sleep in my parent\'s room on the floor just to see if something would happen. I fell asleep and woke up but this time it was to 3 tall shadows and a small Kid like shadow, but when I looked around the room I wasn't Home. Till this day I call that place where they took me "hell" it was so pitch black yet I could see only the shadows grabbing me and feeling a very strong depression over me and hearing people scream and beg for mercy.

It only got worse that I couldn't speak they had my voice on mute. When they finally let me speak all I could do is scream for my mother nothing else. I kept screaming to the point I felt really loud and that was when I could see the room and the kid like shadow pulling on my feet towards them. My mother heard me screaming and she rushed to switch the light on and when she did she saw my shirt pulling away from my chest as if something was grabbing. All I could do is scream and move my arms trying to get the shadows off me.

My parents couldn't see what I was seeing and they would hug me saying everything is going to be okay. It got the point when my sister talked to a co-worker about it and the co-worker said she knew a psychic and she would give them a call. A Couple hours later the psychic called the lady and told her she was sorry but couldn't help because what was in my house was very powerful. The co-worker in shock that she didn't even ask her yet called my sister to let her know what had happen. What I didn't understand was that I was fine during the day I wouldn't think of what happened ill just chill hang with friends like nothing, but during the night was when everything bad would happen. This went on for about two and half months.

The last night I slept in my parent\'s room was the worst, they had a lamp and they left it on hoping nothing would happen. The lamp wasn't as bright but I could see around. That night I saw the clock hit around 2:40 a.m. I got up and did not want to lay down because I knew what would happen. I prayed and prayed my mom was up with me.3:00 a.m. We heard steps creaking walking towards the room I asked my mom if she heard them and she said yes. I had a cross necklace and I pointed during the direction of the door and we saw a shadow moving underneath the door like it couldn't get it.

I kept praying until I couldn't see that shadow by the door anymore, after I saw it wasn't there my mom said to lay down and try to get some rest. I told my mom no because it was a trap that's what it wanted me to do. After an hour of standing up I decided to lay down and as soon as I laid down right by my feet there's a dressed and something knocked on it 3 times. I got up really fast and my father did also sat on the bed. When I got up this really Tall Black creature with a very long tail just walked right by me.

Once it did that I screamed in fear and right away I jumped into my Fathers arm. What I don't understand is when I jumped it felt like I flew straight into my father\'s arms. My mother seen it also and asked me about it also and we don't know how that happened. After that I spoke to a close friend I know about it and he knew an old Cuban guy known as an IFA a West African religion somewhat like voodoo, a man who could help me with what's going on. When he took me to this man he sat me down and asked for my horoscope and my name and birthday.

He talked to me for about 5 minutes and then he paused and said "I\'m seeing what you are seeing child"; Note that I have not explained anything to what was going on yet. He said he sees a very tall black shadow moving around in the house. As soon as he said that I had tears in my eyes because he confirmed it for me that I wasn't going crazy. My sister and my friend who took me looked around and couldn't see it and I couldn't see it neither when I was there. He then asked if it comes around at night and I said yes he then said he\'s following you everywhere you go.

He then said well let's begin, he had this round wooden plate with different signs on it, around his neck was rocks and marbles and two cups of water next to him. He started to talk in a different language and making grab the rocks and marbles and shake them and put them on the wooden plate. Then he would splash water on each side and ask me personal questions that no one knew and stuff about my life. He said he had two spirits he called to come and help him he wasn't the one telling me about my life. The spirits were the ones telling him, he then brought a big black book and told me sister what page to go to and to read it. When she did the parts were she would real would be about my life and what's going meaning like the book said I had this many sisters and a deceased brother and it was true.

Only my family knows about our deceased brother because he was the first born but that passed away. This was only consultation so he gave me advice on what I had to do and that was pray and change my bad habits and be a better man. After that I went back home and I slept for the first night in a long time because he said some prayer over me. But it came back only this time I'm in my room now with the light on and I see shadows moving around all the time on my walls they scare me a little but not so much because I have the light on. But I can't sleep at night anymore.

It\'s August 2014 and I still cannot sleep at night and still see shadows every night and still have the lights on at night. I know I'm not crazy, ever since it happened and still happening I have not turned the light off at night or I will panic and have a great fear I cannot explain. I just want to be able to sleep through the night, I want a normal life. I no longer have sleep paralysis but these shadows won't go away and won't let me sleep at all.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MyeverynightEncounter, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

SleepingWithSteve (guest)
-1
6 years ago (2018-08-10)
You have two positive orbs looking over you. Your grandmother and uncle.

You don't fear the shadow so you will be fine.

Keep us posted. 😆
MyeverynightEncounter (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-24)
Thank you to everybody who commented on my post makes me feel a lot better knowing I am not alone and there's people willing to try and help me. Stuff still happens to me not as bad as it was but as of now it has calmed down alot. Again thank you to everybody who gave me advice means alot.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-03)
Nope, no way to edit. Once you've said it, you've said it. It can be deleted, that's it. I've never heard that theory, I personally do not believe it, and for the sake of respecting others you might want to keep it to yourself.
Eyyyx3 (2 posts)
-2
9 years ago (2015-01-03)
[at] badjuujuu
I'm sorry if I offended you or anything. I'm not against gays/lesbians I have friends and cousins like I said. There is just a possible theory that you can get demon possessed being one of those. Which is why I mentioned it if not I wouldn't have even said nothing about them. Is there anyway to edit your comment even though it is already published?
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-03)
Eyyy, please go read and follow the comments guidelines. This site is not for proselytizing or gay bashing. That's not what we're about here. Until you follow the guidelines and respect others, your comments will disappear.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-03)
I like how I have just been bouncing around on the comments section with similar titles and I stumbled back to this one within 5 clicks haha. I tend to not believe people that are in "secret groups" but eh, more power to ya.
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-03)
This is the second time someone has claimed to be part of a secret organization lately...

Interesting theme we have going.

No offense to the member of said group. You just do your thing, sir.

I've already commented on this story when it was first published. Still an interesting encounter.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-03)
If you want to comment on the story, Mjr_Winters, then by all means comment on the story. Stay on topic.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-12-02)
rah rah, shiskaba! -that's me cheering again from the sidelines as you might expect; 😆 😆 😆
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+4
9 years ago (2014-12-02)
Mjr_Winters - perhaps you should take your leader's advice. Just my personal observation here, but anyone who is a member of a secret group doesn't mention that they are a member of a secret group. Seriously? By mentioning it like that, you're basically begging people to ask you what group you belong to, which is very immature and not what I think a member of a secret group would do.

Of course, I could be completely wrong. Your group may want people asking about it so they can be given information 😉

Again, I think you should take your leader's advice and stop commenting. If you can't avoid commenting, stop reading the stories. That'll help 😊
Mjr_Winters (17 posts)
-2
9 years ago (2014-12-02)
-MyeverynightEncounter

from where in Illinois is your house? I mean... Is it a subdivision or village old or new? Since when is it build?... Do your house have antiques... Did someone died there in decease? Or worst... I'm curious mate... And you said you did pray for the devil... I tell you that's a bad idea you got there mate... And you know the world has a lines that a spirit can travel... In my theory:if a house is built in the line of that sprit plane or way... That house is directed to spirit/ paranormal activity...that's why your are seeing things and they see you too...

Sorry for being away...

My leader (leader of a secret group) wants to stop me from seeing this site again and he said to not to judge and commend these stories...

W=very well, i'll pray fro that house and to you my friend to keep bad spirits away...

-Major
MyeverynightEncounter (1 stories) (10 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-02)
Sorry for being away for a while to Major you asked how can I sleep? Well it's been a year now that I have not slept at night anymore I can't even turnoff the light. The shadows are not only on walls but also walking passed me or I see them on the corner of my eyes and they do turn there head to glance at me that's something new that's been happening and it's extremely terrifying its been a year now and this month last year was the most horrific experiences I had and last night I saw a shadow pass me and disappear before I wanted this to go away by now I want to chase after it I need answers to why this is happening to me why won't they go away
Mjr_Winters (17 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-30)
scary things happened to you my friend... I could say I've experienced that too... But not as terrifying as that... The shadows that are pulling you that night, do they have tails too?...and based on your comments and answers your praying on demon?... As I know in my opinions (this is only my opinion) if you pray for demon they take you out in the grace of light or God... And so you as you are getting further to the hands of God because you did pray for it..."a man who prays for devil prowls in the darkness" in my religion those who pray for them (demon) have sinned... And to erase that sin you have to talked to a higher priest... And that will erase your sin and get in to the path of life into the light... You said you have a cross in a necklace, is it blessed?...and there are shadows still following and you saw it always on the wall?...how can you sleep?...

Sorry for my sharing...don't be bothered this is my opinion only...

--Rook
Great investigating... I am glad you as him/her that questions... Before helping... Hope to see more post in this site!... 😁

~Major
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-26)
Myeverynight,

Again a bit of confusion... You say it was the first time you ever prayed like that... You then mention you are now 22 and you have never prayed like that again... Did you pray to the Devil at all after the first time and if so how many times did you do so before seeking help?

Respectfully (from the fence),

Rook
MyeverynightEncounter (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-26)
Rook,

My friend was trying to help me in any way he could and I was open to anything. Thats why he took me to that church. I never used a oujia before and I'm glad you say there's something else that went When I wrote about my experience I tried to make it as short as I could but I could of seriously wrote way more then I did as I'm doing back by replying.

I was around 16 or 17 and I remember being so mad one night To the point I was just wishing bad things upon my self. That was the first night I ever prayed to the devil which was stupid of me. Back then I thought nothing of it I was just a pissed of kid who wasn't thinking before speaking. I'm 22 now and I haven't prayed like that ever again I forgot about even doing that. Until I was going to different places like the man who practiced some type of voodoo who mentioned it to me if I ever prayed to the wrong thing. Because of it, since I have stopped it has angered him and wants to collect what was promised. I know I'm not hallucinating because that man (who practice some type of voodoo) Described to me what I was seeing before me even mentioning it to him. You can ask all the questions you want I don't mind that ill provide the best answers I can. Thanks again I appreciate the comments from you and everyone.

(p.s Rook I sent an email to you.)
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-08-26)
Myeverynight,

I HATE to pry, I really do but what promted you/your friend to seek out that kind of Church for help. You mentioned not being very Religious at the time so what promted seeking help of that nature... I still feel you may be holding back... It was more than just seeing shadow beings that caused you to seek aid in/at an Evagelical Ministry.

Is there a 'stressor' something that happened, something not so nice, that happen just prior to you begining to see these shadow beings? Or... Less likely... Did you and your friends 'okay' with a Oujia Board and something 'snuck' across and is now bothering you?

PLEASEE keep in mind I am not asking for intament (sp?) details... Just basic background information... IF this is happening then there was a starting point... SOMETHING happened... SOMETHING you did... SOMETHING that happened to a Family Member...SOMETHING!

You must also keep in mind that Sleep Depravation can cause Halucinations and not all of these Shadows are actual spirits/entities manifesting... But your tired mind playing tricks on your eyes. When was the last time you got 8 hours stright sleep?

I admit, I am still on the fence with this one... But that is why I keep asking questions because this entire experience is possible and may even be more than what the O/P thinks... But EVERYTHING NATURAL needs to be ruled out FIRST.

Respectfully,

Rook
ghostfacep (1 stories) (27 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-26)
Wow, those are some very intense situations I must say! I also used to get that "old hag" delimma when I was younger into my late teenage years. Although I did not suffer hauntings or anything you could call truly paranormal. I would have terrible nightmares (all the time) and would go through situations that made no sense and would have adverse outcomes at times. I have been homeless, hated, unbelieved and just plain spit on. I have been in many altercations as well throughout my life - many. Although today I still have some of these things occur, I remain strong and positive and do my best at work as well as to treat people with respect. I make sure I pray everynight and keep myself focused on the responsibilities/realities of my life and do not let the other "things" - if you will, effect me. Be strong, Peace!
MyeverynightEncounter (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-26)
Rook,

We went to the Church and waited until it was over so I can speak with the priest my two friends stayed with me it was about a 1 hour drive we have never been there my friend did research and found that church that might be able to help me that's why he took me.

That church is a bit different they don't focus on a religion like catholics, Christians ect. There belief is only On God. I myself wouldn't call my self a religious person at all but what's been happening made me believ that there is a god and a devil like good and evil.

It is 3:40 a.m. As I write this and I see a shadow constantly passing by and disappearing its not scaring me but its letting me know its here. I haven't seen the old hag in two nights now. Only because I haven't gone out my room to use bathroom or anything. If I get out my room now I can feel that its outside my room but I will not go out there because I am not trying to give it attention or I don't see this as something to get out the room just to see what's going to happen. I just don't feel ready to see the outcome.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-25)
Myeverynight,

Thank you for the candid reply. I understand that was a bit personal but the additional information actually helps form the entire picture of what has been happen to you and when it started.

You mentioned that you waited until everyone was gone before speaking with the Preacher... But you also state there were two friends there that witnessed the 'manifestation' his Prayers caused did they actually wait with you? Did the Preacher call them. In AFTER he started praying and you blacked out?

These questions are important... I am picking up on...'something' and if I am right then people will say I am 'Church/Religion' bashing so I will NOT say anything more until you reply... Again the answers to my questions are important... Though with the event in question being so personal I understand if you do not choose not to.

Respectfully,

Rook
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-25)
No worries, Jitow. Everyone here has gotten a little carried away at times, it's the nature of the internet. 😊
Jitow (362 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-25)
Sorry BJ, I have been busy for a while and just trying to help. I don't want to argue with rook anyway. Thanks for posting what you did and yes I figured some of that would not get by. Just kind of let roll a little too much. Jitow
MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-25)
You poor thing! I'm really going to place my bets on some untapped psychic ability. You say you had a bad feeling the evening you were jumped (that's awful by the way, i'm so sorry that happened. I hope karma serves it's justice soon.)...do I think it was anything paranormal warning you? NO. I think it was all you your intuition or whathaveyou. It happens to me constantly, with even the most mundane things. Sometimes you just KNOW, you know?
With this new lady, the old hag, have you told her she is not welcome in your home?
I think you are incredibly brave for straight up ignoring her like that, good for you. I would probably have a heart attack and joined her on the other side, lol!
I will keep you in my thoughts.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-25)
Jitow, you've had the guidelines copy/pasted for you more times than I can count. I know you know the guidelines. It's my job to delete stuff that breaks those guidelines, and I know you know that as well. Maybe you and rook could have this discussion via email?
MyeverynightEncounter (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-25)
rookdygin when it first happened it wasn't as bad but it only kept escalating through out the months instead of getting better. Your right there's something I did leave out because its too personal and I'm afraid of people thinking I'm crazy. What I left out was my friend took me to a Universal church were they helped people who was going through this kind of situations. My house is not haunted its something following me and haunting me.

After church was over I spoke to the priest when every one was gone. He said he will do a prayer and try to manifest it.
The priest put his hand over my head and was yelling out prayers what happen next I blacked out. My two friends that took me say it manifested in me and I spoke to the priest in a low voice and was speaking in a different language. I have a torn disc on my lower back and walk with a cane. I say that because when I woke back up I was still in church and the priest told me how he prayed on me and a spirit or a demon (I Dont Know) Manifested and I was grabbing the priest and pushing him off and almost carrying him when I have a really bad back. My friends looked pale white and were afraid to come by me.

After that I kept going to church (I wasn't so religious before and had never ever gone to church) for a few months I was fine I would sleep fine and nothing will happen. I have stopped going to church for about 2 months now because I have gotten worse from my back and its harder for me to go places. The experiences I'm having now Does not scare me as bad as it did before.

Only because before it was way worse. I found this site the same day I wrote about my experience since then my situation wants to get worse again. I apologize for leaving that part out its still hard for me to say everything that went on because of stuff still happening. I emailed a video hopefully it gets submitted. I read everything everyone is commenting and I appreciate all feedback every one has an opinion. Some may believe me some may not and if people don't I'm fine with that.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-25)
Pardon the Interuption but I have to say something...

Jitow,

You are more than welcome to your opinions... And you voice them quite well but the link you provided for the prevention of S/P is a bit one sided don't you think. The 'cure' it offers is not based on ANY TYPE of Medical Science but wholly on the individual COVENTING to Christianity...

I will admit that there are cases that a strong belief in a higher power may have been all it took for a person to get over their S/P but S/P is a MEDICAL CONDITION and religious beliefs alone are NOT a CURE ALL.

The site also seems to promote the fact that ALL S/P events are DEMONIC in nature... WHERE IS THE PROOF?

Remember I ask these questions and point out these things as A PRIESTHOOD HOLDER of my CHURCH... We believe in the Power of Christ... But Not every shadow or bad dream is a DEMON waiting to drag the individual to HELL... Most of the time it's just that... A shadow or bad dream.

FOR THE O/P,

I have now read and re- read your original submission and your comments and IF (big if) there is something really happening to you I must ask this... What is it you are NOT sharing with us? Hauntings very rarely begin at such an intense level... That and the many different methods you seem to have tried contradict each other... While voodo has an element of Christianty to it... They believe in Christ and who he was... But it sounds to me as if you are confused... Directionless and UNCERTAIN of yourself. You know SOMETHING is happening but do not understand what that is and because YOU are conflicted NONE of the methods you have tried have worked completely.

So, what are you NOT SHARING? Is it something about you... Or the home/property? Without ALL the information it is very hard to help you. You can say its to personal, give us more information, or tell me off I do not care.

I am going to go sit on the fence and wait for your reply...

Respectfully,

Rook
ab42berry (31 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-24)
I wanted to give you some quick tips that will cut down on supernatural manifestation drastically.

1. Get a bowl of white vinegar and mix it with sea salt. Let it evaporate in the area where the manifestations are occuring.

2. Burn some sage in the area twice a week. You can youtube how.

3. If there is a direct manifestation right in front of you, you can shine an LED light at it and it will diminish. Also passing things made of Iron through manifestations work well to dispel things.

4. Saying psalm 91 or a protective prayer before bed works for many people.

5. I know this is weird but take some aluminum foil and cut a sheet out and tape it to the back of your neck. Keep it there until it is itchy.
If you have any more questions feel free to email me at supernatural.services [at] gmail.com
Jitow (362 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-24)
ME,

Test the old hag tonight or the very next time you encounter it, please for you sake and for others, simply say or if you cannot speak think, "God rebuke you in Jesus name". No variation from this. Practice saying and thinking it so that you can recall it quickly if the encounter starts again. Just practicing it in your home may keep it from appearing again but if it does appear again say the phrase out loud or think it and watch how fast the old hag or any entity or demon gets out of there. The most important thing you can do is to do this exercise and come right back here the next day or after the test and post what happened when you recited this quote. Your post could help many people who are having the same issue. If this is truly happening to you then I know you want it to stop. Remember to say or think if you cannot speak "God rebuke you in Jesus name" and post on here how fast your encounter ended. It will help many. We can discuss the why on this later by email or PM and how it is a permanent answer to ending SP forever.
MyeverynightEncounter (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-24)
thank you Jitow ill look at the video but my sleep paralysis has stopped since november. Everything else hasnt.
Jitow (362 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-24)
If you really want to know what SP is, how to stop it, and keep it from ever happening again, go to stopsleepparalysis.org and you will be set free. You will not find another idea or theory there but, the truth about SP, which is very common and can be stopped dead in its tracks and you will not have to worry about it coming back. The right knowledge is power and the right brings peace
MyeverynightEncounter (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-24)
I have done cleansing many times. Mostly when I do I come back home and its worse I hardly speak about this and when I do I feel that what ever is in my home knows and that's when shadows transform into figures (what I call demons) at night Since I wrote about my experience I've started seeing what most people call the old hag (old lady) and its outside of my room in the living room. The living room is dark and my room light is always on at night I don't turn it off.

I get up at night sometimes, turn the living room light on and then walk into the bathroom at this point I'm fine its when I get out the bathroom I see the old lady nasty and horrible looking standing in the living room watching me and I haven't even turned the light off in the living room yet, I pay no attention to it (I try to show it no fear) as I turn off the light and start walking to my room and when I get close to my room its right next to me staring me down trying to make me look at her but I don't I close the door and it doesn't walk in. I'm thinking it doesn't because I have the light on.

Also two nights ago I was in bed and two orbs passed by me really fast I stood there so confused thinking if that really happen. I thought you could only see those in pictures. My grandma recently passed away and my uncle was killed two years ago could it be them? I've had some one who cleanses to come to bless the house and every time they would get close to a room the doors would slam shut and the person blessing my house said its trying to hide and it kept running to every room. On Friday I decided to finally go out some where and have a drink. (I haven't gone out for a few months such as parties or bars)

When I was leaving I felt really light headed and just had a bad gut feeling, I felt that it was following me trying to make me go home but I didn't I went out. About 5 hours later I ended up getting jumped. I'm now thinking what if I felt that way because something was trying to tell me to stay home for a good reason instead of bad? Thank you for everyone commenting and giving advice it really helps me a lot.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: