You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Evil In The House

Real Ghost Stories

Evil In The House

 

When I was about twelve years old my dad and his second wife moved us into a new house. Originally I liked the house because with it came a new friend. A few weeks after we moved in I started seeing a young girl about my age in a Victorian era dress just standing in the kitchen. My father thought nothing of it, my step mother however thought I was crazy, she didn't believe in ghosts or demons or anything along those lines. I think that's why it waited until she left my dad and I before it came out.

Years later when I was a junior in High School my step mother left. My dad worked late, so this meant that I started getting the house all to myself, for the first couple of months nothing happened, but then I started getting a bad feeling in that house. I had developed a routine get home from school, do homework, and then surf the internet until late at night. When I was finally tired enough to go to bed, around 11:00 pm to 2:00 am I would get up go to the kitchen and refill my water bottle, and then go to bed. Not a big deal right? Except that the refrigerator I refilled my water bottle with was right next to the stairway down to the basement. I HATED going down there, for any reason and I always felt a chill go up my spine when I looked downstairs.

My dad spent a lot of time down there so there really should have been nothing to be afraid of, except that I started feeling like there was something down there and that it was chasing me all the way back to my room as I turned the lights off throughout the house. With each night it got worse, I almost just kept the lights on until finally one night I stayed up until my dad got home to talk to him about it.

He believed in spirits and ghosts so he didn't think I was crazy, he told me that he thought I was dealing with an animal spirit, a dog or a cat, a "Stupid" spirit. I'm not kidding, he used those words. Next thing I know I\'m gasping for breath because of this huge wave of anger that washed over the house. I looked at my dad who was looking at me in slight shock and I said "It doesn't like you calling it Stupid" he looked dumbfounded and a little scared when I said "It's at the bottom of the stairs" we were in the kitchen so he didn't have to go far to look down the stairs. To this day I don't know what he saw, whether he saw an apparition or if he just felt the powerful malevolent force I had been feeling the past couple of months. He tried to force it to leave but it wouldn't. After that things quieted down a little, I was still followed to my room but whatever it was kept its distance.

Years later my dad met his current fiancée. She didn't like the house any more than either of us did anymore. Eventually I moved out to live with my mother and sister to give dad and his girlfriend a bit of space. But then something drastic happened.

Dad was in Illinois for business and I was with my mom and sister in the Cayman Islands for my uncle's wedding, so Lisa (Dad's girlfriend) was alone in the house and in the state. Around 3 in the morning Lisa hears a loud knocking coming from the door, Lily (Lisa's little dog) starts barking madly. But doesn't leave Lisa, Lisa doesn't get up at all not to even look outside to see who it might be. She hears the door rattling a bit like someone is trying to force their way in. After 15 minutes it stops, she stays perfectly silent, waiting. Then comes rattling and knocking from the back door. As I understand it, even after everything had been silent for a few hours Lisa didn't get any sleep that night. We don't have proof that there was anyone at the door that night; we also don't have any proof that there was no one there. Lisa didn't see anything. I called a couple of my friends but none of them had done it, I didn't say anything to Lisa about the possibility of it being the malevolent energy in the house. I think she knew but didn't want to admit it.

My dad and Lisa now live in California, and the house in Wisconsin is for sale. I won't deny there is a part of me that wants to go back, but I know it's better for all of us if we walk away. I don't know if it was a poltergeist perhaps created by my first stepmother, or if maybe it was just something evil that lurked in our house but either way it was something that didn't like us and loved scaring us.

Other hauntings by Halloween2013

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Halloween2013, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Halloween2013 (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-25)
Hazzyboom1977

No I didn't ever get background on the house its probably something I should look into but I just didn't think to until recently.

Elnoraemily

I did give thought to the idea that what she experienced was just someone trying to break in but i'll say this if it was someone trying to break in they better hope I never find them, because what they put Lisa through makes me want to punch them in the nose.

Sheetal

Thank you for the complements on my writing, the answer to your question is above.

Ashmit76

Believe me I want to know as well but a part of me is scared to ask, but I may ask him about it and if I do i'll post a comment here about what he saw.
ashmit76 (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-25)
I want to know what your dad saw that night but your story is good
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-22)
Nice one... And perfectly written... I want to ask the same question as Hazzyboom1977.

Regards, 😁
elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-20)
Interesting story.

I do wonder if someone was trying to break into the house. Your step mom is lucky that she was not harmed and that no one got in if that is the case.

Basements have always, always been creepy to me.
Hazzyboom1977 (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-20)
I like this story. Did you ever get any background on the house in Wisconsin?
Take care.
😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: