You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Ghost Kitty

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Kitty

 

A few months ago, my fiancé and I were chatting on the kitchen balcony. It's particularly long, as it connects the kitchen to our bedroom. Just imagine a long narrow balcony with a sliding door at each end: one for the kitchen and one for the master bedroom.

At that time we had three cats: a Siamese called Mixa and two black cats called Pebre and Pirata. Mixa was with us in the kitchen, so it came as no surprise when my fiancé and I both turned our heads at the same time and saw a cat go into our bedroom. We only got a glimpse of the hind legs and the tail waving high before the kitty vanished inside.

"Look how happy Mixa is!" my fiancé said, to which I responded that it wasn't Mixa, it was Pirata. Then I looked down. Pirata was sitting at my feet. Mixa happened to be sitting right behind us on the kitchen table. We found Pebre rolled up into a ball and fast asleep on the couch.

At that point, we were starting to get the creeps, so we rushed to the bedroom and discovered that both the door and the shutters were closed! We hadn't been able to see they were closed from where we stood on the balcony.

So where was the cat? Did it melt into the apartment? Could it be a manifestation of one of our own cats? Or a kitty ghost come to visit?

After that experience, I never saw the cat again (even though I really wanted to). My fiancé, on the other hand, kept seeing the cat late at night. He says it looked like a shadow. It would sit near him and just keep him company until one day it vanished. In hindsight, I feel sorry for the creature. We adore our cats, and this "ghostly kitty" might have been drawn to the affection we give our pets. It's just a hypothesis. What do you guys think?

Other hauntings by nadinucca

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, nadinucca, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-09-27)
Every time I see a ghost cat story, I click on it! All of them are awesome. Very special expierience, thankyou for sharing it.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-09-24)
I also have three cats and I have at many times wondered which one just blurred past me (two are black and one is a tortoise shell calico).

I like BadJuuJuu's theory personally.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2014-09-23)
nadinucca, animal spirits, just like people ones may not always be of the property but of the land. Meaning kitty could be from a time before the apartment was ever there. But, personally I like BJJ's theory. (It also helps explain how I can see my cat heading into the kitchen, only to find him sleeping on my bed (opposite directions).
nadinucca (5 stories) (13 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-09-23)
Hi zzsgranny! That could be an explanation, but unfortunately it's not the case here because the apartment is brand new.
Hi ifihadyoux! I would also love to have a ghost kitty! So little maintenance, haha! However, I never saw the cat again... 😢
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-09-23)
I would personally love a ghost kitty and am jealous that you have one. The kitty might be attracted to you two because of all the love you have for cats and maybe just wanted a family of its own.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2014-09-23)
nadinucca: Another thing in addition to and because of all the cat energy: maybe a kitty ghost from previous tenants was drawn there.
nadinucca (5 stories) (13 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-09-23)
Hi BadJuuJuu and thanks for commenting!:-)
Your story is also cool. I know what you mean, and I think it might be an explanation for what we saw. There certainly is a ton of cat energy in our house! We currently have FOUR critters...
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2014-09-23)
I love this story, stuff like this happens in our house all the time. My husband is of the opinion our cats have learned Naruto's transportation jutsu. Just the other day I found one of our boys asleep on the bed, just to walk into the laundry room and see the same cat laying on the shelf I fold laundry on. The cat in the laundry room faded away after a second. My theory, odd as it may sound, is that there is just so much cat energy here that the energy can take shape without the cat it's representing actually being in the room. Does that make any sense at all?
I think maybe you had something like that happen, a solid representation of cat energy. Its possible that some environmental factor made it easier for that energy to solidify at that time. Interesting, and I'm sorry I can't give you any answers, just a crackpot theory.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: