You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Alone And Scared

Real Ghost Stories

Alone And Scared

 

I was 16 years old when I had my son. I was alone, scared and really unsure of myself. That's when things started to happen to me. I brushed the first few things off.

My first experience was when my son was about 3 months old, we co-slept so he was laying right beside me, when all of a sudden I woke up. I laid there wide awake with a sudden feeling of panic, it felt like something was trying to get my baby. I couldn't physically see anything, but I felt like I needed to throw myself over my child to protect him. I fell back asleep and the next morning everything was fine.

A few days later was what really made me question everything. I went downstairs to make a bottle and after I made it I went to sit in the living room, for no particular reason, and just looked out the huge picture window. I was looking out there for maybe 30 seconds when I noticed someone kind of to the side and behind me in the reflection. I looked behind me to see if there was anything that could possibly look like a human but there was literally nothing there. So I turned back to look at the window when the shadow or reflection turned its head to the side and started shaking it. Didn't take me long to leave the room if you can imagine. Since then things like the sound of someone coming up the stairs (when I know everyone's asleep up there), suddenly feeling absolutely terrified for no reason, just weird things keep happening. The recent things that's honestly scared me to my core happened at my aunt's, which makes me think I'm being followed. I was laying in bed with my now almost 2 and a half year old when all of a sudden I'm just paralyzed with fear. I was peacefully laying in bed and my eyes just drifted to a corner in the room what seemed like a black mass just started coming towards me, you almost couldn't see it, it came closer and closer until it was right in my face. I can't describe the feeling, it took my breath away, I was so scared I prayed. I felt my body sink into the bed and spring back up in 2 seconds and then everything was gone and it felt peaceful again. I have no explanation for this, now that he's geting older worse things are happening. What do you say to a 2 year old who tells you he sees a monster? I am completely alone and scared.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, emmaecmurray, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

carri (1 stories) (9 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2014-09-29)
If you are seeing a black mass. Put on a cross. This is something evil. Then say this "Be gone unclean spirit in the blood of Jesus Christ." If it is something evil it will go. If it does not stop you may need some deliverance prayers or a preacher to help you. This mass is something evil.
emmaecmurray (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-09-27)
Hi everyone! I honestly can't explain how much reading these comments have helped me. I feel a certain amount of peace now, not only because I realize now that I can control this but because I now know there are people out there who don't just think I have a vivid imagination.

Nectarvore-
I probably had some sort of post partum depression, probably didn't help that his dad left 4 days after he was born. But I can honestly say I wasn't sleep deprived, he slept through the night almost since day one, it wasn't until he turned two that I started to lose sleep.

Thank you guys, this means a lot to me.
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-24)
My son was responsive to spirits too... I gave them a stern talking to. Told them it was fine that they manifest themselves to him but if they frightened him they had better reckon with a badass banishment. Essentially, they were only welcome if they came in peace. I give him his own space with his psychic development... I don't encourage it and I don't block it. I am always protective though. Amber is a fantastic protective stone. I charged one for my son, meditated love into it and asked his guides to protect him. We had less problems after that. It wouldn't hurt to charge one for yourself either. White sage is good to burn while you cleanse your home and consecrate your amber. So is frankinscence oil. These are my favourites. Bless.
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-24)
I wonder if you were a little bit postnatally depressed. When your bio chemistry and emotional health is compromised by sleep deprivation and the anxiety of tending a new born, you are metaphysically more vulnerable to psychic attack and haunting. Children are very open and perceptive by nature and it's probable that your little one is picking up on your being uneasy and anxious. Probably, if you're psychically aware, your child is too. I had some serious nasty psychic attack when I was nursing... I was also questioning my sanity regarding these experiences due to sleep deprivation. It was difficult to know where one began and the other ended... In retrospect, it was a viscious cycle. What sorted it for me was seeing a naturopath regarding my depression. When I was more settled, I did a psychic cleansing upon my home and got rid of some objects that had some bad juju (someone left some aboriginal artifacts in my care... A lot of activity was centered around the room they were kept in) ... I don't think you are imagining this, or your cub. But I do think that you need to deal with this wholistically... Not just psychically. Never forget that you have deep power to dismiss and shift whatever is frightening you. The universe is conspiring to help you, always. Have faith... Believe in the goodness of it all. Don't hand your power over. For your little one? Make a monster spray. A few drops of essential oil in water, in a spray bottle. Remember to spray under the bed and in the wardrobe every night before they go to sleep... And let them see you do it. Get them to help. It's good you believe your child. Now believe there is nothing to be afraid of. Good luck x
nadinucca (5 stories) (13 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-23)
Ifihadyoux:-) Don't worry! I didn't think you were discrediting me or anything. I just wanted to make sure Emma understands the advice I'm trying to give her because it's clear that she's afraid and she needs to take control of her situation in order to improve it.
:-)
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-23)
Hello again Nadinucca! I wasn't discrediting you, just so you're aware! Just speaking from my experience as well! I completely agree, you have to be the one to tell it to go away!
nadinucca (5 stories) (13 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-23)
Hi ifihadyoux! About hurting you: my advice is merely based on personal experience and what has worked for me. I've had shadow men punch me and I can tell you that the punch feels quite real! However, that's about the extent of it (in my experience). The emotional damage is the most powerful part, and the part I believe Emma should definitely look out for.

I personally have had to face these things alone, so the advice in my previous post all derives from what I found helps calm me down. For me, the most important thing is to take charge of the situation. REFUSE to live in fear. Do you understand, Emma? Ghost hunters and pastors aside, YOU have to take charge of what's going on, and NEVER give power to these entities. How do they gain power? Through your fear. So don't be afraid. Easier said than done!:-) Even though you might be afraid, show strength and impose yourself. I wish you all the best.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-23)
I wouldn't count out that it can't hurt you to be completely honest. I am not trying to scare you, I am just forewarning you. Since you said you prayed, I am assuming you're religious. You can always talk to your pastor [or a pastor] and see what they have to say. They can even do a house blessing/cleansing that usually works. Not all priests/pastors are willing to do this however, so it might take you some time.
If you're comfortable with it, you can always get a ghost hunting team to collect evidence of your haunting. Sometimes they can even debunk what you think is a haunting and come up with perfect explanations for you.
I hope this helps.
nadinucca (5 stories) (13 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-09-23)
Hi Emma. I'm terribly sorry you're so afraid, and I completely understand your situation. I've been having similar experiences for years. Luckily, I'm 30 now and it seems that with age these things dissipate (at least for me!).
Let me give you some advice so you don't live in constant terror. When you feel choked with fear, do this:
1) Force yourself to take a deep breath. Breathe in and out. It might be hard at first, but you have to breathe slowly to force your heart rate down.
2) Rationalize your fear. This dark mass is terrifying, but can it really hurt you? It can't. It can't touch you. Convince yourself of that. It can't do any physical harm to you. The harm it does is mental and emotional, so take control of your emotions and calm down.
3) Focus your thoughts on something. In your story, you mention you were so scared you prayed. That's all right. I'm not a religious person, so I don't pray, but I do repeat phrases or chants to myself whenever I'm paralyzed by fear. Basically, I repeat things like "Relax. It's okay." or any line from a book or song that pops into my head. I find that the mere fact of having something to recite helps calm me down. I believe that if you focus your mind on something, you close it off to any entities that might be trying to pry their way in (to feed off of emotions or whatever it is they do).
4) When you go to bed with your son, do a simple exercise. Relax, cuddle with him, and imagine a protective bubble surrounding you both. Make the bubble stronger. Have it surround you and your bed. Expand it to your bedroom... To your entire house. The bubble is a protective shield keeping anything harmful away. Really concentrate on the shield, give it energy and calmly let it envelop you. This concentration exercise will help calm you and reassure you.

I hope this helps at least a little!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: