You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: Creature In The Corner?

Real Ghost Stories

Creature In The Corner?

 

I wanted to share something that happened about two years ago, and see if anyone has any idea what it was all about. But first, a little bit about myself (I'll keep it short):

I've been seeing what I suppose are ghosts and different entities since I was about 7 or 8. The very first time, I was playing alone in the living room of my home, and I noticed a human like shadow staring at me from behind a plant. I was terrified. I've always been terrified of these things... Yet I keep seeing them. I've been punched, I've heard unexplainable footsteps running back and forth on the roof of my house, and I've seen humanoid shadows watching me from the foot of my bed.

I'm far from having nerves of steel, so saying that all these experiences scare me is an understatement.

Now for the story I'd like to share.

I was raised in the US, but I currently live in Spain. My boyfriend used to live with his mother's godmother, Tomasa. She passed away in her bed about two years ago, at the age of 96. After she passed away, I helped my boyfriend remove furniture and paint the walls. But we didn't redo Tomasa's bedroom. Instead, we sort of used it as a junk room, and cluttered it with all the paintings and rocking chairs and stuff we wanted to get rid of. For many months, we didn't really use that bedroom other than for storage, so we kept the door closed.

About 3 months after Tomasa passed away, I noticed a strange energy coming from right in front of her bedroom door. If I stood in the hall and stared, I could even make out a short wispy white figure. Sometimes it looked almost like a dog, although its shape kept shifting to amorphous clouds. At first I thought it had something to do with Tomasa. A residual energy, maybe. However, I quickly realized that couldn't be right. It didn't feel human. It also didn't feel like it was completely sentient. A word kept coming to my mind: elemental.

Needless to say, I was absolutely terrified so I tried my best not to go down that hall - but it was inevitable because the bathroom was also down there! The creature was almost always there, sitting right in front of the bedroom door.

After several months of this, I got sick of it and decided to try to talk to it and send it away. I scooted up with my back against the wall (that's how scared I get) and told it to leave. I talked to it for a while, telling it it wasn't welcome and asking it to leave, but... It mocked me! I had the feeling it couldn't completely understand my words, but it could get the gist of my emotions and intentions. Well, it pretty much laughed in my face and stayed.

Having reached this point, I told everything to my boyfriend, expecting a laugh - and he did laugh - but he also told me that he had also been seeing it. In fact, it had followed him all the way to the kitchen (on the other end of the apartment) on a couple occasions.

One night, a couple friends came over for dinner. We hadn't told them anything, and when one of my friends went to the bathroom, she came back all pale and asked me if we had noticed anything... Odd. So she also saw it.

This went on for about a year until the creature simply went away. Only after it left did we redo Tomasa's bedroom and I moved in to live with my boyfriend. We currently sleep in that bedroom and nothing strange has happened.

I have no idea what this entity was. Sorry for the long story but I wanted to add details because I'm really curious to know what the heck it was. I suppose its arrival had something to do with Tomasa passing away? Any ideas? Thanks!

Other hauntings by nadinucca

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, nadinucca, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Mishipeshu (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-13)
Adding to what Roodygin said... If it was the confused spirit/remnants of Tomasa, and she wasn't aware she was dead... Maybe it laughed because from all it could comprehend, you were asking it it leave it's own home? Imagine if someone walked up to you acting strange and starting talking to you and kindly asking you to leave your home:P
nadinucca (5 stories) (13 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-11)
Shlain, no, she never did anything or believed in anything (as far as the family knows!). 😉

Rookdygin, I also thought it could be part of her spirit--but only at first. Sure, it occupied the space right in front of her door, but it felt all wrong. And why would it show up two or three months after her death and not sooner? Still, that might be the most plausible explanation.

One night, several months after the "creature" vanished, my boyfriend was in bed watching TV. I was already asleep next to him. He says that he suddenly felt paralyzed and after a while a woman's voice whispered in his ear: "I'm okay. I'm okay." He's absolutely convinced it was Tomasa.

This is really strange... 😕
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-11)
nadinucca,

There is a chance that this 'presence' was indeed Tomasa's spirit. Her spirit may not have understood that her physical body had passed away. Her spirit may not have even understood just what it 'really' was. But it 'knew' it had once occupied that room and it held on, either until 'she' realized what was happening, or there was no more 'energy' to help support her spirit.

The reason you felt 'elemental' was due to the 'uncertainty' of the spirit itself. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Respectfully,

Rook
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-10)
nadinucca,

A veces, los espiritus son inquieto!

What gave you the idea it was an elemental? I'm glad you trusted your intuition regarding it's intention. As horrible as it sounds, and I'm sorry to ask, but was Tomasa involved in any form of the occult or worshipping during any stage of her life?
nadinucca (5 stories) (13 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-09)
Thanks guys! Yeah, it's really strange. But why would clutter and closed spaces attract that type of creature, whatever it was? When I tried to make it leave, it had a strange sort of reaction: like a chuckle, a shake of the head as if it were saying "yeah, nice try". 😕
regi375 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-09)
I'm sorry, for I have no clue as to what that thing was. The details on it are very important to its identity. I have no best guess either.
Isolde (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-08)
Hi, thanks for sharing your story. Yes, clutter, it can create uncontrolled spaces that give welcome to unwanted beings.
These kind of rooms tend to be forgotten spaces, not really part of the living areas, but still an open door to those spaces.
To me, it sounds your story sounds like that.
Hope this makes sense to you. 😊
SirenBelva (7 stories) (64 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-08)
It seems to me that whatever it was did not like the clutter in Tomasa's room. It's appearance around her room seems significant, it also seems significant that it mocked you. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: