You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Our Dearly Beloved Kitty

Real Ghost Stories

Our Dearly Beloved Kitty

 

Our beloved cat Kitty was put to sleep as I cradled her in my arms on 2/1/2014 at 9:08 pm. She had been sick for a couple of months with a stomach disease which she deteriorated really fast.

Before making the most hardest decision of my life, I decided to seek a second opinion with another vet... Unfortunately, the vet confirmed that there is no more hope for Kitty and that it would be best for her to just make her comfortable. I decided to take her home one last time to have her spend time with our children and our other cat since putting her to sleep was not the route we were expecting. We brought her back home from the vet and held her majority of the time as we prepared for her final hours. I cried so much until I had no more tears to cry. How do you pull a plug on a loved one when you know you will never see them again?

I truly felt that she knew it was her time as she started doing her rounds in the house just like what she usually did. She made sure that she spent time with each of us. We could not find our other cat and felt even more sad that she was not going to be around to say goodbye to Kitty. The entire time that we kept taking Kitty out from under the bed, because she keeps coming back. Our other cat and Kitty were actually together. They had their time together just like she had her time with each of us.

Days after Kitty passed away, I would see a greyish apparition on the floor which would swiftly pass by and disappear. Kitty was a grey and white long haired domestic cat who loved attention.

It has been 2 weeks now since she's been gone and we are still trying to cope with our loss. She was privately cremated, so we kept her remains and made an area for her in our curio cabinet. It wasn't until her remains were picked up and brought back home that we started to feel her presence. When Kitty was alive, she would always jump on top of our bed and lay by the edge of our bed.

One night, our 2 year old daughter was in the bed playing. Out of nowhere, she decided to go in the area of the bed where Kitty usually sleeps. She looked at where Kitty usually sleeps and had a huge smile on her face and said, "Awww, Kitty!" She even put her face on the spot as if Kitty was there. Our toddler used to always show her affection to Kitty by putting her face on Kitty's body.

The other morning, I opened the door to the hallway and saw Kitty sitting on top of my husband's slippers. I blinked and all that was there was the slippers. Last night my husband saw her on the same spot in the hallway and when he looked again, she was gone. I even heard her distinct meow as if she was trying to get my attention and I would quietly say, "I know you're here with us, Kitty."

Last night at 2:00 am, I felt like she was on top of the bed with us and was walking on top of my legs. At first, I was asleep but the tugging of the blanket by my leg area woke me up. I was a little afraid so I kept my eyes closed, did my sign of the cross and decided to go back to sleep.

I know she knows how much we love her and that we will keep her memory alive. My only hope is that she understands that we did what we had to do because it's what's best for her. We miss her so much and we know that she is here looking after us.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, chelley2909, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ghosthunter9876 (67 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-25)
Sorry about your loss. Losing a loved family member whether human or from our beloved pets is unbearable. But have faith that now she is in the company of our creator God and his merciful presence will shine on her for eternity. Me myself have lost more than 20 cats all who were no less each an equally beloved and important family member of our family. I pray that Kitty finds eternal peace in the arms of God.
Femaelstrom (1 stories) (56 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-24)
As a 2-legged "mom" of 4 cats (dad, mom, & 2 of their daughters), I understand your anguish, but wish to reassure you that you WILL be with your beloved kitty again. Remember, they're part of your family, & created by God, too.

Love has no boundaries, as you're experiencing. What a precious story! ❤
laurrennm (3 stories) (6 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-22)
Let me start by saying that I am truly sorry for your loss. My cat was well into his twenties (we rescued him as an old man from an abusive home) and he was acting just fine until I went to Mexico and he died with my family while I was gone. My heart aches that I couldn't be with him. We have his ashes too. My dog will sometimes bark in random corners of the house, but I want to believe my marshal is in a better place. I hope your Kitty is happy and healthy on the other side.
AzraelX (8 stories) (115 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-22)
Kitty was family to you. Same way, your were family to her. When she died, she couldn't bear to part with her family, just like some human souls do. But when she understood that she was still in your hearts, it eased her pain and helped her to cross over.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-21)
chelley2909: welcome to YGS and thanks for sharing such a wonderful story.
I'm sure Kitty wants you to know that she is alright and that her love for her family didn't end with her passing.
lynrinth (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-21)
What a truly sweet story. Perphaps she is still around just to make sure you're all fine. In time, you will have your grieving time, you'll be able to let go, and she will move on. She will have left you with precious memories you can cherish. 😊
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-03-21)
chelley2909, your post is truly heart braking. I can sense your grief and sadness in every word you have written. I know from experience, as I'm sure a thousand others do also, that loosing a pet is just as bad as loosing a family member or close friend, there is no difference as that's exactly what they are to us 😊

I genuinely believe your Kitty is still there with you all, and although not in body any longer, defiantly in soul. And if I was you I would take that as her letting you know she is happy and fine and still where she belongs with her family.

Thank you for posting
😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: