You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost Boy In Doorway

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Boy In Doorway

 

I always get the chills when I remember this experience because it was the first and only time I clearly saw an individual I could call a ghost (I usually only hear and feel them or see shadows or smoky figures). Not this time. I could clearly see every detail...

I live in Barcelona. A few years ago I went on a weekend trip with a couple friends to a very small and very old village in the vicinity of Teruel, in rural Spain. The house we were in belonged to one of my friend's family. In Spain, really old houses have the building date carved in stone over the door, and this house had been built around 1770 (very old, but nothing too out of the ordinary!). The interior had been completely remodeled with Ikea furniture.

It was the middle of February and we were freezing! I had a small electric blanket for the night and I had trouble getting to sleep because of the cold. All the lights were off and my bedroom door was ajar. Suddenly, the hall light went on but I dismissed it, thinking it was a friend going to the bathroom. Then my door opened a little so I had a look.

A child of maybe 8 or 9 stood in the doorway staring at me, grasping onto the door with one hand. He had a very round, pale face with big dark eyes. He wore a white shirt and brown shorts with suspenders. I think he also had a brown cap. He sort of grew wispy below the knees. The outfit made me think of what boys typically wore during the 40's or perhaps earlier.

Now, I might have years of experience seeing ghosts, but that doesn't mean I'm cool about it! I panic each time I see one! In this case, I ducked under the covers, trembling - not of cold anymore - and thinking "not again, not again, not again." A few moments later I felt the light go off so I dared a peek. As I pulled the covers off I came face-to-face with the boy.

He was standing right beside my bed! My worst ever nightmare come true!

By then the encounter was turning into a bad horror movie, so I ducked under the covers again and thought happy thoughts until I eventually fell asleep. In the ghost boy's defense, I have to say that he in no way seemed aggressive. He actually had a puzzled look, as if wondering what the heck I was doing... In his room? Still, I was absolutely terrified.

The next morning I had no recollection of what had happened. At around lunchtime, my friends and I went to visit a nearby ghost town that had been destroyed during the civil war, and all of a sudden the entire encounter came screaming back to me. When I told my friends, they asked me to please not mention it because the rest of the family was scared enough already.

It turns out the entire family has heard footsteps and seen doors open and close in that house. Good thing I'm never going back there again!

Other hauntings by nadinucca

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, nadinucca, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

nadinucca (5 stories) (13 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-09-25)
Hi guys!
Yeah, I think he was puzzled and curious. Who knows, maybe there was some strange time-space warp in that house (lol). What if that boy lived there decades ago and one day he walked into his room and found a strange ghost woman (me)? 😁
Or maybe he was just a curious ghost who inhabited the house.
The possibilities are endless. But one thing is certain: I still get the creeps when I remember his little face right next to my bed, staring down at me. 😢
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-09-24)
Nadinucca - Wowzers! Another too-close-for-comfort of children spirits. I don't know why these scare me so much, as most of them as innocent spirits just curious. Thanks for sharing this!

Valkricy - me too. Brings me back to the movies "The Others"
😐
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2014-09-24)
You know, I've always wondered (and someday might ask one) if spirits experience the same WTH moment we do when they see us. I mean in their minds (lack of a better term) do they perceive US as the ghost?
It doesn't sound as if he meant any harm, but was only curious.
Femaelstrom (1 stories) (56 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-09-23)
Perhaps the boy was puzzled because, until that experience, no one had ever SEEN him, they'd only heard &/or suspected his existence. Poor kid!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: