You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Haunted Military

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Military

 

This experience happened to me back in 2012 whilst I was running the pharmacy at Headley Court, the UKs main rehabilitation unit for injured servicemen.

The pharmacy was a very small room and I used to run it single handed, so there was only ever me in the room, except if I was dealing with a patient.

One afternoon I was sat at the computer when I heard a noise, like something had dropped on the floor. Not heavy but almost like the noise a pen would make if it fell. I looked around at my feet as I assumed I had dropped something from the desk but there was nothing there. When I got up about 5 minutes later to start dispensing the next prescription I noticed there was a yellowy coloured pebble on the bench which was very smooth and round and clean. There was nowhere that it could have come from. The window was closed and nobody had been in the room. I wasn't scared, I didn't feel uncomfortable. I was just puzzled!

I had no explanation for it at all. I asked the practice nurse, who was in her room at the time if she had heard or seen anything but she hadn't.

The medical centre was in a building that used to be the stables many years ago and the pharmacy was adjacent to the officers mess, which was a very old building. Nothing ever happened again but for a long time after I kept the pebble in my pocket every day I worked until I left the following year.

It just got me wondering if anyone has any stories regarding haunted UK army bases in Germany as that is where we are currently based.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SamuiLover, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

elnoraemily (guest)
+3
9 years ago (2014-09-29)
Carri,

Please read the comment guidelines. I know you are trying to help, but labeling things as evil and promoting your personal religion as the cure-all is not what this site is for.
SamuiLover (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-09-29)
Carri, I don't work there anymore and I wasn't scared. I have had other experiences but nothing 'physical' left for me since!
carri (1 stories) (9 posts)
-3
9 years ago (2014-09-29)
It sounds haunted to me. Put on a cross for protection Say this if you are really afraid. "Be gone unclean spirit in the blood of Jesus Christ." If it is a evil spirit it will stop doing that noise.
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-09-27)
Yeah. I like that you kept the stone. That's kind of sweet... I've had elementals leave me things, but not spirits. Maybe it wanted to be friends with you.
SamuiLover (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-09-25)
Well I certainly wasn't frightened! The room never felt oppresive or uncomfortable. Hopefully it was just a gift!
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-09-24)
I am not sure why, but I find this story extremely adorable.

"Here, have a present."

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: